The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

while at it..  can you ask price of a CX 65 stand? if not available check if C1 65 stand fits it :fear1:

:P let me check

Haven't asked yet. Will call them in a while.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

:P let me check

Haven't asked yet. Will call them in a while.

@Assassins Creed

The LG cc guys are just clueless bots lol. They're just sending an engineer to my house. They don't know anything. :doh:

I'll just ask that LG engineer guy over phone for the price before he visits my house.Will tell him not to drop by if the stand is too expensive :P

but if he doesn't about cx stand price then you'll have to call LG directly and ask :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

@Assassins Creed

The LG cc guys are just clueless bots lol. They're just sending an engineer to my house. They don't know anything. :doh:

I'll just ask that LG engineer guy over phone for the price before he visits my house.Will tell him not to drop by if the stand is too expensive :P

but if he doesn't about cx stand price then you'll have to call LG directly and ask :P

TV installations guys will know how to source it. I don't think the stand comes in the box. They bring it separately if you request a table mount.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:55 PM, Ne0 said:

Thanks man, will avoid it then, x95j is around 1.1L now, maybe lesser with cashback and all, worth it or better to wait for c2 ? Also as i know C2 is OLED, doesn't it have a shorter life compared to other led tv ?

If you're comparing FALD to OLED, prepare to be disappointed. We have a Sony FALD at home, and the PQ is nowhere close to an LG OLED. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nikushimi said:

TV installations guys will know how to source it. I don't think the stand comes in the box. They bring it separately if you request a table mount.

Ya that's true. Got to know about it now.

@Assassins Creedthat installation guy called. CX 65 inch tabletop will cost you about 8k.

For me he said he'll arrange in 10 days or so. No stock as of now

16 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Ya that's true. Got to know about it now.

@Assassins Creedthat installation guy called. CX 65 inch tabletop will cost you about 8k.

For me he said he'll arrange in 10 days or so. No stock as of now

Damn expensive for a piece of plastic lol

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

If you're comparing FALD to OLED, prepare to be disappointed. We have a Sony FALD at home, and the PQ is nowhere close to an LG OLED. 

OLED definitely looks much better, even in the showroom it was quite apparent.  My concern is whether the extra cost (atleast 50k if I'm going with lg C2) , the OLED demands are worth it considering the risk of burn in (also read that neither lg nor Sony offers warranty for burn in).

Burn in on oled is very overblown. CRT's were also susceptible to burn in but did anyone experience it in the past? 

Modern oleds come with multiple failsafe mechanisms to prevent burn in. As long as you watch a varied mix of content like a normal person would, burn in is a non issue.

58 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

OLED definitely looks much better, even in the showroom it was quite apparent.  My concern is whether the extra cost (atleast 50k if I'm going with lg C2) , the OLED demands are worth it considering the risk of burn in (also read that neither lg nor Sony offers warranty for burn in).

Wait till Diwali. C2 should be available for 1.2-1.3

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Unless you're going to do a lot of Tata Sky time or playing with static UI, burn in should be a non concern. Do note that OLED brightness will gradually reduce over time (some reports say around 28000 hour mark for red and green), but I've not noticed anything abnormal on my nearly 4 year old C8. Still puts most of the other TVs to shame. 

49 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unless you're going to do a lot of Tata Sky time or playing with static UI, burn in should be a non concern. Do note that OLED brightness will gradually reduce over time (some reports say around 28000 hour mark for red and green), but I've not noticed anything abnormal on my nearly 4 year old C8. Still puts most of the other TVs to shame. 

28000 is a lot of hours lol. 

That's more than 3 years 2 months if the TV is on 24/7