KnackChap

Of course, it dropped after I got my copy. 7uWcwgT.png 

PSN price is now $49.99 instead of $59.99.

Physical media is available at $29.99 ($39.99) at Best Buy and Amazon. Most likely other retailers will follow or these are clearing the stock. 

The right way to approach the game? I'm currently exploring and missions are popping and they are high level. 

Should I just focus on the main story for now and do other things after finishing? 

The map is quite big and seem to have a lot of content. 

Thanks. 

The right way to approach the game? I'm currently exploring and missions are popping and they are high level. 

Should I just focus on the main story for now and do other things after finishing? 

The map is quite big and seem to have a lot of content. 

Thanks. 

Yep, don't ignore the main story.... Also don't take on more powerful machines early in the game, you'll just waste resources. I don't remember when it happens, but once you get Hardpoint arrows and tear blaster arrows in the game, the larger machines are easier to take down ! I think you need to defeat the first corruptor atleast to get some initial abilities like getting a mount etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make sure you finish all side quests before final quest. You can do them later but if you them before, then you will see more NPCs during final mission. Don't want to go in details and spoil it. But complete all side quests before final mission. 

First get ability to ride mount and buy Golden fast travel pack. These 2 are absolute must in order to enjoy the game properly. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Thanks. Yes, got the ride mount ability. 

What about this one? Should I kill or climb or something? 

You see those ugly platforms behind it's neck? those are for you to climb.. it's like a 'viewpoint' for synchronization. 

9 minutes ago, Tusharngf said:

Just started the game on PRO !how to get ride?

Keep playing, you'll get it eventually. That ability can't be missed. 

Target main quest. It throws you all over the world map. Once you go towards mission markers, try to complete quests in that area. Once I learned about the ancient armor, I decided to go for main quest as pieces needed for that are within main quest missions.

Regarding viewpoints on tallnecks, the later ones are in much tougher positions like surrounded by massive enemies or difficult to reach etc.

Also don't be ashamed to run away from big machines at the start. The big ones like Rock breakers or those rhino machines can be quite challenging as they are mostly in groups.

Ancient armor cannot be obtained until the end .... I think the last piece is in that

gaia prime

, which is unlocked only towards the end (last but one quest IIRC).  I would say keep some of the higher level corrupted zones , the difficult hunting grounds and the last few cauldrons for the ancient armor.  It's such a breeze (even fun) to attempt these with that powerful armor.  Makes one feel like a total badass !

Ancient armor cannot be obtained until the end .... I think the last piece is in that
gaia prime
, which is unlocked only towards the end (last but one quest IIRC).  I would say keep some of the higher level corrupted zones , the difficult hunting grounds and the last few cauldrons for the ancient armor.  It's such a breeze (even fun) to attempt these with that powerful armor.  Makes one feel like a total badass !
Ancient armor is gamebreaker actually really takes the challenge out of tbe game..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Ancient armor is gamebreaker actually really takes the challenge out of tbe game..

I wouldn't call it gamebreaking since it gets unlocked only towards the end, if you complete even the side quests before getting it, where else will you get to test its prowess ? 

I wouldn't call it gamebreaking since it gets unlocked only towards the end, if you complete even the side quests before getting it, where else will you get to test its prowess ? 
I meant for who leave the side quests for later :)

Just now, sobbii said:

I meant for who leave the side quests for later :)

Its not that it's that easy too, the corrupted rockbreakers and stalkers will still make you work, just the fights becomes a lot less frustrating and more fun :D   Think of it like a reward for all the hard work you put until then :P

So I went ahead and cleared a bandit camp without talking to the quest guy. I ran back and spoke to him and the camp was reset. Had to do it again. eMy4hnk.png

Anyways, what about the gear? I'm not finding anything useful or understanding how the gear works.

No level based gear, I guess? Just colours? How do I upgrade/make it better? 

Some of the merchants were selling weapons and armour but not sure what to buy as everything was close or very slightly better than what I'm currently wearing. 

Are zones/areas level specific? I found a couple of level 25 machines (or that's what said while scanning - 25) near that tall-neck. 

Just hit level 10. Quite good so far. RrRirMX.png