KnackChap

That Sling with freeze bombs is useless.Thinking of Selling it.Right thing to do?

Also what does Antidote do?Those resistance potions i havent used till now.Are they needed or should i sell those as well?

Got one Vantage point.Its just the Audio Video log?Thats it?

Climbed Tall Neck also.Nothing happened .Are they just placeovers?

Edited by hope

That Sling with freeze bombs is useless.Thinking of Selling it.Right thing to do?

Also what does Antidote do?Those resistance potions i havent used till now.Are they needed or should i sell those as well?

Got one Vantage point.Its just the Audio Video log?Thats it?

Climbed Tall Neck also.Nothing happened .Are they just placeovers?

Antidote is for resisting corruption damage, without that corruption damage hits pretty hard in the initial stages !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Edited by Ne0

So explored Ruins thinking of finding something cool.Got a Power Cell.Then Activated the Use Power Cell Quest.Went into a cave with a locked room,Put in one power cell.Now have to find another.Where will i get this Power Cell? Its a Level 25 Quest and i am only level 12 right now :P Exploring is so fun.

Got Tearblast Arrow.That thing is so cool.Hit it on a herd of Grazers and boom boom .Everything flying here and there.Shock Arrow did nothing to grazers.

Am i taking advanced weapons too early?Just Roaming between Mothers Heart and Ring of Metal till now.

The Crispness of the Image here is just so damm good.Runs like a Charm.No Slowdowns till now.WTFusdisAwesomeness GG :O

Finished! And platinumed!

Liked the game more than I expected to! Kudos to GG for injecting new life into the tired old open world formula. They showed incredible restraint in designing the open world gameplay which I really appreciated. Combat against machines was the main draw for me but I must say I am also quite impressed with the story. It's not a terribly original concept but it's done very well. Loved the writing in the main quests and some of the story beats were genuinely amazing. Listening to some of the audio logs was quite heartbreaking. The music added a lot to all the story revelations that happen in the later quests. The ending was also pretty satisfying, both from a gameplay as well as story perspective. Aloy is such a great character, she's badass but also kind-hearted and a bit of a smart a*s at times.

I really can't find any major flaws except that the human combat encounters were not as good as the ones with machines. The UI and inventory management could have been a little better too and I wish there was more to the gear than just mods with different percentages of bonuses. Then again, the streamlining was also a good thing.

Also I'd highly recommend doing all the side stuff as the main missions don't really help you appreciate the full breadth of combat options. Please don't just rush through the main missions, go and explore, take down the big machines and try all the weapons.

Overall I'm glad I picked up the game (wasn't originally planning to), it's certainly a GOTY candidate and GG deserve massive credit for getting so many things right with their first open world game that isn't even in their comfort zone (not an FPS).

Edited by Tyler
  • Like 3

I also agree regarding the music during story revelations. It's so well done. This is a phenomenal game. Something rare for a first entry in an open world franchise.

I might aim for platinuming this. Need to complete main story first.

The Mothers Rise Side Quest is good.Quest name is Insult to Injury.There are so many things you can do along this Quest.In the End it opens up an Awesome Awesome Locatio n.

Also Side Quests NPC are very well modelled and animated.

This might be the first Open World Game i Finish.Superb Stuff.

the combat and movement in the game is god tier. reached makers end mission and the story so far is very intriguing.

the open world is wonderfully done, one of the best open world maps imo. lots of variety, verticality, full of stuff to find and do. coupled that with yhe amazing combat and im not using my mount or fast travel unless i have to get from one end to another. also mad mad props to GG for not overdoing the side stuff. if this was a ubisoft game there would have been 2 dozen bandit camps, 1 dozen tallnecks and 100's of collectibles.

my only gripe so far is that there are not many interior section in settlements and not many places to chill out, a pub or something with interactive npc would have been perfect.

Aloy Animations are fantastic.The Melee Animation is Impressive.The Slide is so much fun.The way dirt rolls along with her and how it puffs in the air is great to watch.Also when she rolls down from a slope,her dialogue changes depending on the Terrain.NDsque stuff from GG there.

Velociraptor at night looks Superb especially when Alerted.

Agree with KC there,there is not a bombardment of Stuff to do once the Prologue is finished.Side Quests and Errands are not overly populated.

The World is Brilliantly Choreographed :majesty: It feels isolated somewhat,adventurous and Thrilling at the same time.

Also,one sexy outfit i was about to Buy but then a cap was on it.Dafaq GG.Ruined the whole outfit.

Edited by hope

Listening to everyone go on about this game I'm so tempted. But knowing me it'll take me a good 6-8 months to finish the main quest, nevermind completing the whole game. Maybe after Yakuza 0 and P5...