Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

Completed chapter 8, Aerith can't be anymore adorable. 

Spoiler

It's like waiting for an impending doom, even though that part isn't in this chapter of FF7R, I'm ready to get my heard broken again. 

10 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Hide contents

It's like waiting for an impending doom, even though that part isn't in this chapter of FF7R, I'm ready to get my heard broken again. 

Spoiler

It's not in FF7R Part 1 at all (The game you're playing). There is no guarantee that it will even be in Part 2. FF7R happens on a different time-line than the OG FF7. The end of FF7R and the DLC pretty much makes this crystal clear. There are already tons of changes that should not be there at all.

For example (DLC ending spoiler)

Spoiler

Zack is very much alive in FF7R Part 1 time-line. In the OG Time-line he was dead far before, at the end of Crisis Core itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The way this game ends and how different it is from the original, I won't be surprised if they make aerith the final boss ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's not in FF7R Part 1 at all (The game you're playing). There is no guarantee that it will even be in Part 2. FF7R happens on a different time-line than the OG FF7. The end of FF7R and the DLC pretty much makes this crystal clear. There are already tons of changes that should not be there at all.

For example (DLC ending spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Zack is very much alive in FF7R Part 1 time-line. In the OG Time-line he was dead far before, at the end of Crisis Core itself.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

The way this game ends and how different it is from the original, I won't be surprised if they make aerith the final boss ?

Been wayyyy too long since I played the original, don't remember much, definitely not the finer details. 

Spoiler

Holy hell, Zak being alive is big, now a part of me wishes they revisit crisis core as well. Anyway, this is good, surprises to look forward to :)

Finished it, what a game, that ending, the references to Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Some parts felt stretched for no reason, but overall loved it, 9/10 in my books. 

Spoiler

It's pretty much guaranteed things will be different, the boss here being 'Arbiter of Fate' and so many other clues. So, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus won't be part of this, assuming story will be radically different, those stories might never take place. I'm ok with this, they never followed up Genesis's resurrection, guess that storyline is gone for good. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Finished it, what a game, that ending, the references to Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Some parts felt stretched for no reason, but overall loved it, 9/10 in my books. 

Reveal hidden contents

It's pretty much guaranteed things will be different, the boss here being 'Arbiter of Fate' and so many other clues. So, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus won't be part of this, assuming story will be radically different, those stories might never take place. I'm ok with this, they never followed up Genesis's resurrection, guess that storyline is gone for good. 

You missed a 1 in the rating.

• Haha 3

Replaying this game again in Hard Mode for the plat, and the combat is even better than what I thought it was. After getting my a*s whooped by the chapter 1 boss, had to go back and learn all abilities and reset materia for all party members, the combat is truly incredible, and the particle effects make every fight look like some anime battle.

Spoiler

Also, when you guys mentioned Zack was alive, thought you meant that was a possibility in Part 2. Just watched Yuffie DLC on YT and holy mother of gods Zack is freaking alive. Mind is racing with all the possibilities . . he's probably the only one left who knows the human side of Sephiroth. Once the party meets Vincent in Part 2 or 3, Zack could make Sephiroth understand Jenova isn't his mother, and Lucretia (who was still alive in original timeline) and Hojo (maybe Hojo isn't the dad and Vincent is) are his parents, and he's mostly same as Zack/Cloud/Angeal, a human who was experimented with by Shinra. Perhaps Jenova comes alive and is the next big boss?! Honestly, this could go anywhere.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Defeated the last combat scenario.. 3 man team vs 'Top Secrets', edge of the seat at the end. 

Spoiler

Shiva-Fat Chocobo-Leviathan-Bahamut-Pride and Joy, in one go, hard mode only. 

Bahamut apparently the most difficult boss in the game, bitch has the audacity to summon another summon, Ifrit while he himself is a summon, and an ult move Megaflare that does 9999 damage to all party, when max HP is 9999. Managed to finished all 5 (6 including Ifrit) after half a dozen attempts, so satisfying, slept like a baby last night :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Just a matter of time when we have sex robots modeled after Tifa. I foresee a lot of divorces coming up. :P

* Laughs in unmarried *

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Yes Yes Yes GIF

This year seems a long shot, with forspoken and FF16 already taking this year and next year early spots.

Maybe next year second half, I don't mind waiting, lot to feast on until then. 

50 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@playstationdude and all others interested in FF7, FF7R and FF7R Part 2

Final-Fantasy-VII-25th-Anniversary-Logo.

https://www.rpgfan.com/2022/06/10/final-fantasy-vii-broadcast-june-16th/

Maybe our dreams of FF7R Part 2 this year or very soon next year might come true after all!!!!

I doubt this year, but hopefully next year. They did say it went into full development in 2020 itself, also most of the assets are already created.

Tbh stretching the parts too far apart won't make sense, especially if they are planning the leaked ff9 remake too. Ff9 is significantly longer than ff7 as far as i remember.