Death Stranding

Big Boss

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I intended to play this game at some point in the future 

will I loose anything if I play it once no one else is ?!?!

You will. It means extra grind for you.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Are people still playing on PS4? Maybe you can find out already :P 

:p I haven't tried it in a long time but when I played it the first time, the structures others bulit helped me big time. Can't really imagine playing it without other structures.

21 hours ago, b!T said:

I haven't tried it in a long time but when I played it the first time, the structures others bulit helped me big time. Can't really imagine playing it without other structures.

Wow, had no clue. Have the game with me for months now...will start it as soon as I am back home.

And I guess, I dont need to be a PS+ subscriber in order to have access to these online features?

5 hours ago, Bauji said:

Wow, had no clue. Have the game with me for months now...will start it as soon as I am back home.

And I guess, I dont need to be a PS+ subscriber in order to have access to these online features?

Yup, no ps+ needed. Try to play as soon as you can before the game gets deserted completely.

Kojima does it again.

Just started to play this game. I am a huge MGS and Kojima fan. His games taught me a lot.

The cinematography is so impactful that I was dreaming about the chiralium last night(I want to add more but it would be a mild spoiler). Later on, I was half awake, grabbed a mink blanket's corner and showed it to a family member, I said, "look this is melting". It was surreal, I could swear I saw the blanket melting and flowing like water in my sleepy state of mind. Said family member, mentioned this at the breakfast in the morning, and I recalled a bit of it.

I am constantly thinking about this game and everything about it. This is going to be an epic journey!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jupiter said:

Kojima does it again.

Just started to play this game. I am a huge MGS and Kojima fan. His games taught me a lot.

The cinematography is so impactful that I was dreaming about the chiralium last night(I want to add more but it would be a mild spoiler). Later on, I was half awake, grabbed a mink blanket's corner and showed it to a family member, I said, "look this is melting". It was surreal, I could swear I saw the blanket melting and flowing like water in my sleepy state of mind. Said family member, mentioned this at the breakfast in the morning, and I recalled a bit of it.

I am constantly thinking about this game and everything about it. This is going to be an epic journey!

Don't loose hope in between. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Kojima does it again.

200.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnK said:

I just hope they patch up the game to preserve all the construction work 

otherwise ppl playing it years down line won’t experience that part 

That isn't possible. If servers are loaded with other player's construction you wouldn't bother to create one. Game will be too easy for new players. 

Server sometimes randomly creates someone else's construction even if that person is long offline. Kojisan done his work well. 

5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Kojima does it again.

Also to add, the music in this game is very impactful. 

Some songs like "Asylum for the feeling" were so well placed in the game.

Unforgettable experience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

If this is true then doesn’t it solve the problem of empty wastelands for new players years down the line 

Constructions only appear once are in a connected area. You facing the same struggles as everyone else is a part of the journey.

What's the point of you want all ready made structures as soon as you start?

If you play it years later, it'll be same experience as players who played it on Day 1.

Just now, AnK said:

What I meant was I don't want to miss out on that aspect of the game altogether 

If I decided to play years down the line 

Just now, AnK said:

What I meant was I don't want to miss out on that aspect of the game altogether 

If I decided to play years down the line 

You won't, you'll have to do the same work as others did. Not the initial ones, they actually had to build everything. 

Game will give you some help by giving other's construction here and there. If you want to create the line then you have to work on your own and improvise. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you play it years later, it'll be same experience as players who played it on Day 1.

No, he'll get some help from servers. Unlike day 1 players. 

The social strand might be empty. 

19 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

No, he'll get some help from servers. Unlike day 1 players. 

The social strand might be empty. 

But not as much as he's expecting, the server help was on Day 1 as well

2 hours ago, AnK said:

What’s that now?!?

When you start unlocking more structures on your PCC you'll start seeing other players structures placed in various locations. If you find a particular player's structures perfectly placed and in line to your routes and convinence you can start a strand with that player so you can see more of his/her structures. 

There are limited number of social strands and players should be recently online to show up on social strand tab. 

16 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

That isn't possible. If servers are loaded with other player's construction you wouldn't bother to create one. Game will be too easy for new players. 

Server sometimes randomly creates someone else's construction even if that person is long offline. Kojisan done his work well. 

This is news to me and a pleasant surprise. I plan to play this again and don't want to create everything alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing this and have mixed feelings about this. The game is a looker. I am in awe looking at the beauty of the game...exceptional art design, great use of music and the mysterious world hooked me up from the start. For the first hour or so, I spent a good amount of time walking aimlessly, stopping often to just absorb the beautiful vistas and the scenery. As someone who likes hikes and trails, this game is making me miss those a lot. Online component is unique. Being on media blackout helped as always. But thats it. Had a general idea about the gameplay and because of the gameplay...so far I am not sure if I will be able to stick to the game till the end, once the novelty wears off after maybe 5-6 hours. Guess you need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it. Hoping the game keeps adding new elements to prevent it from becoming very boring and repetitive.First BT encounter was okay-shokay. And for some reason I am finding the VA cringey. But one of the most unique games released recently for sure. I am still in the no-clue-whats-happening phase.

Spoiler

I am not able to dismantle the ladders I am placing...cant figure out what button they are showing in prompt. Also need to check, if dismantling places the ladder back in inventory or its gone once used. If its the later, that will make traversal even more frustrating.

8 hours ago, Bauji said:

Started playing this and have mixed feelings about this. The game is a looker. I am in awe looking at the beauty of the game...exceptional art design, great use of music and the mysterious world hooked me up from the start. For the first hour or so, I spent a good amount of time walking aimlessly, stopping often to just absorb the beautiful vistas and the scenery. As someone who likes hikes and trails, this game is making me miss those a lot. Online component is unique. Being on media blackout helped as always. But thats it. Had a general idea about the gameplay and because of the gameplay...so far I am not sure if I will be able to stick to the game till the end, once the novelty wears off after maybe 5-6 hours. Guess you need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it. Hoping the game keeps adding new elements to prevent it from becoming very boring and repetitive.First BT encounter was okay-shokay. And for some reason I am finding the VA cringey. But one of the most unique games released recently for sure. I am still in the no-clue-whats-happening phase.

Hide contents

I am not able to dismantle the ladders I am placing...cant figure out what button they are showing in prompt. Also need to check, if dismantling places the ladder back in inventory or its gone once used. If its the later, that will make traversal even more frustrating.

The world opens up after chapter 3, so you gotta give it some time. Also ladders go away iirc. The challenge being in you knowing where and when to use equipment, his much to carry etc and sometimes depending on the generosity of others as they will depend on you.

12 hours ago, Snake said:

The challenge being in you knowing where and when to use equipment, how much to carry etc and sometimes depending on the generosity of others as they will depend on you.

Thats one of my major concerns with the game so far...no way to know how many stairs I might be using to climb some mountain looking at the map or other systems in the game. Dont want to be in a situation where I have to walk back-n-forth just because I am carrying one less ladder. Will definitely be playing the game at-least to the half way mark and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Bauji said:

Thats one of my major concerns with the game so far...no way to know how many stairs I might be using to climb some mountain looking at the map or other systems in the game. Dont want to be in a situation where I have to walk back-n-forth just because I am carrying one less ladder. Will definitely be playing the game at-least to the half way mark and see how it goes.

As you upgrade your carrying great, you can carry more items