Big Boss

God of War - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

17 hours ago, hope said:

Valkyries are too hard  for me. Just cant beat them.

Yep, they give a good challenge. The damage taken is really high and 3-4 proper hits kills kratos. Getting better and learning patterns is all you can do. Proper ruins and armor set also helps. There is a ruin which slows time when attacks are dodged at the last moment. Try that.

Final one is the best boss of the whole game.

2 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Did anyone take on Sigrun in give me GOW difficulty? I died at least 30 times in hard. Phew.

Played the rest of the game in hard but needed medium for Nilfheim grind and Sigrun.

I needed medium for the entire game and medium for the queen as well.

Hard with resurrection stone and leveling up more is doable.

But the rest of the game (on hard) wasn't fun at all and so so tedious (switched to medium in an hour) : high enemy health and one/two shot deaths - like sekiro and dark souls are more difficult/more fun but never tedious.

4 hours ago, kmkaks said:

We Did it BOY....

Platinumed God Of War! My second platinum after Bloodborne!

I think this is an almost perfect platinum design for a game! (Except nilfheim which was a little grindy)

Does difficulty affect trophies?

(Yes, Im an idiot I havent played it yet despite having the game)

17 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Does difficulty affect trophies?

(Yes, Im an idiot I havent played it yet despite having the game)

No. I switched from hard to Normal towards the end game and still got platinum. You can plat it even on easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

I needed medium for the entire game and medium for the queen as well.

Hard with resurrection stone and leveling up more is doable.

But the rest of the game (on hard) wasn't fun at all and so so tedious (switched to medium in an hour) : high enemy health and one/two shot deaths - like sekiro and dark souls are more difficult/more fun but never tedious.

Yes I agree! The Valkyrie fights started to get tedious, unlike the souls games, the difficulty spike made no sense. More importantly, I did not feel like I was playing as Kratos. 

So I'm playing this again, and I can't quite see why, but it feels way more fun than it did the first time I played it. I'm able to grasp the combat a lot better, the story is making sense, the area, map, and flow aren't a blur too. Maybe because I'm doing game+? Or maybe I'm not fighting against time, and am not sleep deprived like I was the first time. 

The camera while in combat is still idiotic, the lock on isn't great, and the RPG elements still make no goddamn sense. But by Zeus the sound, effects, and that atmospheric touch is just awesome. Worthy speakers take this game to a whole new level. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

So I'm playing this again, and I can't quite see why, but it feels way more fun than it did the first time I played it. I'm able to grasp the combat a lot better, the story is making sense, the area, map, and flow aren't a blur too. Maybe because I'm doing game+? Or maybe I'm not fighting against time, and am not sleep deprived like I was the first time. 

The camera while in combat is still idiotic, the lock on isn't great, and the RPG elements still make no goddamn sense. But by Zeus the sound, effects, and that atmospheric touch is just awesome. Worthy speakers take this game to a whole new level. 

Yup.

And the Axe recall never gets old

6 hours ago, achilles said:

It's always like that for all the games you love, you always play fast the first time, as you want to see the story then actually the game play. It's the second time you actually enjoy it way more, I need to do the same for spiderman. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, AtheK said:

It's always like that for all the games you love, you always play fast the first time, as you want to see the story then actually the game play. It's the second time you actually enjoy it way more, 

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I really didn’t like it that much the first time. I guess I was still hungover from the original games and their style. Plus like I mentioned, I wasn’t getting enough time to play. I took more than a month to finish it. 

But this game bro. This game.
I didn’t really want to play it again but I just put it in to see what the new system brings to this quality of game AV ( ;) ). 
The journey has been truly epic. I keep wanting to play more. That did not happen during my first play through. I mean, in the last three days I put in fifteen hours! 

Also big lesson: do not start a game like this if you’re short on time. 

After enjoying each and every god of game and being the all time favourite vidoe game series for me, this game wasn't a pleasant experience and don't think replaying it will give me anything better,

although a friend in the same boat told me a similar thing.

(Except the valkyrie fights, they were amazing)

This bitch Sigrun is making me appreciate the nuances of the combat system. 
Dammit man I’m a god. And she’s whooping my a*s. 

I’m ready to move on from this game now. Besting her will be the perfect send off. 

Also, I think she, and maybe all Valkyries scale up to the level Kratos is. I’m almost level 11 and the moves, combos, and chain attacks she’s making while fighting me aren’t there in videos even at the “give me GOW” difficulty. 

Four hours last evening and I managed to see her purple eyes only twice. I’ll probably have some PTSD by the time I see this through. 

Pray for me lads :p

1 hour ago, achilles said:

This bitch Sigrun is making me appreciate the nuances of the combat system. 
Dammit man I’m a god. And she’s whooping my a*s. 

I’m ready to move on from this game now. Besting her will be the perfect send off. 

Also, I think she, and maybe all Valkyries scale up to the level Kratos is. I’m almost level 11 and the moves, combos, and chain attacks she’s making while fighting me aren’t there in videos even at the “give me GOW” difficulty. 

Four hours last evening and I managed to see her purple eyes only twice. I’ll probably have some PTSD by the time I see this through. 

Pray for me lads :p

I know the feel man. I was in a similar situation and was fighting her in Balance mode. I spent a better part of a day and the previous night finishing her off. I had to try a few combination of runes to see what would work the best. Once she got a few hits in, I was almost as good as dead. She literally wipes a large chuck of your HP and is damn aggressive to boot.