Halo Infinite

Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, psinide said:

BTW, do you play solo on ranked?

31 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Yeah, I play alone in Crossplay

28 minutes ago, psinide said:

What kind of pings do you get? And you playing on XSX?

21 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I am playing on XSX but haven’t checked network stats yet

You won't get good pings on Solo/Duo as most people in Asia play Crossplay. Personally, I recently started blocking servers outside of Asia to avoid getting high pings. 

10 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

You won't get good pings on Solo/Duo as most people in Asia play Crossplay. Personally, I recently started blocking servers outside of Asia to avoid getting high pings. 

How do you block non-Asia servers? I haven't started playing ranked yet.

23 minutes ago, psinide said:

How do you block non-Asia servers? I haven't started playing ranked yet.

If you're playing on Xbox, you'll need to add the azure servers (you want to block) under the Static Routes setting of your router. HERE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psinide said:

What kind of pings do you get? And you playing on XSX?

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

I just checked one ranked match in crossplay and got ~160ms ping. Is that garbage? Another game was also downloading in the background. Also, importantly, I don’t “feel” the multiplayer to be not behaving like I’d want to in majority matches and it’s mostly playable in a satisfactory manner wrt hit registers etc. What do you think?

Just now, 0verlord said:

I just checked one ranked match in crossplay and got ~160ms ping. Is that garbage? Another game was also downloading in the background. Also, importantly, I don’t “feel” the multiplayer to be not behaving like I’d want to in majority matches and it’s mostly playable in a satisfactory manner wrt hit registers etc. What do you think?

160 is okay. Anything above that gets really annoying for me. The best I get is 75ms (SE Asia) though I prefer anything <= 100.

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Just now, TRMNTR said:

160 is okay. Anything above that gets really annoying for me. The best I get is 75ms (SE Asia) though I prefer anything <= 100.

Thats waayy too high imo - I get <50ms on quick-play. I thought 3 digit pings were a thing of the past - CS 1.6 days. Surprised to see 75ms on SE servers as well, Apex was about 50-60 ms on Sing servers for me on the PS4.

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

If you're playing on Xbox, you'll need to add the azure servers (you want to block) under the Static Routes setting of your router. HERE.

Will give this a try once I start ranked

Lemme know if anyone up for some ranked tonight

9 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Got really hooked to the SP. Once it clicks it's just impossible to put down. Tbf the actual campaign and the open world doesn't really do anything new or inventive. But the gameplay is just incredibly fun and encounters are very well designed. Master Chief is such a badass. I'm half inclined to play the entire series now. 

exactly the same feeling, just few days back finished the campaign (my first ever Halo game) and absolutely loved it, it was damn fun. 

will be installing the Halo Master Chief edition to try out previous Halo games.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Damn! Am I fighting an uphill battle unnecessarily in Ranked with this 160ms ping? 

I am a n00b at this but what’s really the gameplay difference while playing with 160ms ping vs sub-100ms ping?

SBMM does take into account (I feel) the ping you're playing on but ideally you should be playing on servers under 100ms. I hope they introduce geo locks soon so that people can choose what they want to play on.

MCC had it but they still need to add it to Infinite.

I have blocked us servers and some other servers with high ping for us. Now i mostly get 80 ms or 120 ms Ping matches.

Blocked these servers

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.australiaeast.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.southafricanorth.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.japaneast.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.japanwest.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.westus.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.northcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.eastus2.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com

0.0.0.0 pfmsqos.brazilsouth.cloudapp.azure.com

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Huge difference. 160 ms ping is 320 ms 2 way which 38 frames of lag. 

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

160 is bad. I usually get 80. 

2 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

SBMM does take into account (I feel) the ping you're playing on but ideally you should be playing on servers under 100ms. I hope they introduce geo locks soon so that people can choose what they want to play on.

MCC had it but they still need to add it to Infinite.

damn, with sub-100ms ping, would have reached Onxy rank by now 

Spoiler

:tongue: 

:scarerun: