Elden Ring

Engineer

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

What's the recommended level to take on rennala? I'm level 39 currently, have mopped up Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula, onto Liurnia Lakes now

Renella is the easiest legend in the elden ring. You can take her down at any level. 39 is already OP for her so go ahead kill her. 

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Renella is the easiest legend in the elden ring. You can take her down at any level. 39 is already OP for her so go ahead kill her. 

Ok, so is there any other interesting bosses/locations/loot in Liurnia, I already got that carian knights sword

also i've now gone from broadsword to morningstar mace with shield to buying the samurai armor and dual wielding uchigatana an wazikashi for max weeb effects :rofl:

Uchi is better than broadsword and the L1 is such a high damage combo because it uses both the uchi and wazi together, the full combo can shred anything, only uses up a lot of stamina

Only problem now i've notice is that it's very hard to break the poise of the shielded mobs, like usually one charged attack would do it, now even morningstar doesn't work :(

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Ok, so is there any other interesting bosses/locations/loot in Liurnia, I already got that carian knights sword

Despite being easy. Renella fight is pretty good. Beat her and it will open the option to Respec your character. 

Liurnia is the biggest area in this game AFAIK. Pretty much every later area is connected this area. Maybe beat Dragon in that area who resides just behind the Raya Academy if you haven't already. Don't remember other bosses on top of my head right now. 

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

Despite being easy. Renella fight is pretty good. Beat her and it will open the option to Respec your character. 

Liurnia is the biggest area in this game AFAIK. Pretty much every later area is connected this area. Maybe beat Dragon in that area who resides just behind the Raya Academy if you haven't already. Don't remember other bosses on top of my head right now. 

I beat him first try, horseback ftw B) 

I guess these open world dragon fights are meant for horseback.

Wish they improved the combat parts in the next game or DLC, horse navigation is very nice though, high speed and the horse can double jump too.

Aha that one is the saddest boi of the lot. Barely does anything. In general though the dragon fights are quite boring and repetitive after the first one. Feels like such a chore.

Just completed Ranni's quest, beautiful done. Knocking off side quests now one by one rather than random exploration.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

The sword of night and flame - One of the most OP weapons in the game. Can be found in Caria Manor

Darkmoon Greatsword - Nice weapon but you'll have to progress through Ranni's lengthy questline which spans multiple locations

Black Knife Tiche summon - Again, one of the best summons in the game. Defeat the evergaol boss Alecto to get it.

Jellyfish Shield - 100% physical damage negation with an ash of war that gives a nice damage buff. Looks quite pretty too. Can be found just lying around amid a group of jellyfish in the west of Liurnia.

Village of the Albinaurics in the south and Ruin Strewn Precipice in the north are other interesting locations.

There are some interesting questlines too. But you'll have to google those :P

On 4/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, PhantomShade said:

I guess these open world dragon fights are meant for horseback.

Not really. Once you learn their moves, you can get pretty comfortable at fighting them on foot.

Fighting them entirely on horseback can get boring.

5 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Aha that one is the saddest boi of the lot. Barely does anything. In general though the dragon fights are quite boring and repetitive after the first one. Feels like such a chore.

There are some really awesome dragon boss fights later in the game.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The sword of night and flame - One of the most OP weapons in the game. Can be found in Caria Manor

Darkmoon Greatsword - Nice weapon but you'll have to progress through Ranni's lengthy questline which spans multiple locations

Black Knife Tiche summon - Again, one of the best summons in the game. Defeat the evergaol boss Alecto to get it.

Jellyfish Shield - 100% physical damage negation with an ash of war that gives a nice damage buff. Looks quite pretty too. Can be found just lying around amid a group of jellyfish in the west of Liurnia.

Village of the Albinaurics in the south and Ruin Strewn Precipice in the north are other interesting locations.

There are some interesting questlines too. But you'll have to google those :P

Not really. Once you learn their moves, you can get pretty comfortable at fighting them on foot.

Fighting them entirely on horseback can get boring.

There are some really awesome dragon boss fights later in the game.

On foot seems like a chore when they fly to the other end of the map and you have to run towards them, I guess on foot is best with a purpose designed dragon boss fight in a smaller arena behind a fog door rather than the open world dragons

On 4/23/2022 at 4:09 PM, PhantomShade said:

Caria Manor. Arguably the most important quest starts once you finish that area.  Liurnia is personally a fav area in the game, really worth exploring all parts. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, PhantomShade said:

also i've now gone from broadsword to morningstar mace with shield to buying the samurai armor and dual wielding uchigatana an wazikashi for max weeb effects :rofl:

If you're dual wielding give the scimitars a try. They're very fast, have good reach and pretty much kill most enemies before they even attack. Against shielded enemies, 2 or 3 well timed Bloody slashes is enough.

Cleared Limgrave, Liurnia and Caelid with dual bleed scmitars and it feels so easy compared to other weapons.

4-C8-CF3-D8-730-B-4373-A44-E-DC440313-C1
Plated, finally!!

GOTY. Easily. 

I still think a character log or a quest log would have been really helpful. Not map marker or hand holding, mind you. But a simple log where we can have character’s informations. (Who would think you gotta play a flute echoing “you’re beautiful” to a certain npc to not make it die of grief…) But that’s just me. Even this thing is good, some people will keep a physical notepad or logs. That’s a fresh take after 2 decades some would say. 

Except that, this game is just…. Exquisite. 

Finally, no handholding. Yeah, we have to read the items or look for online to extract much of the lores. But that’s the beauty of it. So much interpretations. And many more are not yet discovered. 

NG+. Here I come!!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jerush said:

How on earth do you fight melee vs giants? The camera is so f**king horrible, i can't even see their attacks. 

This has to be the worst camera system in the entire soulsborne

Just look at the feet man! Are you telling me you don't have a giant's foot fetish? Keep hitting that thicc foot and you'll reach pure satisfaction. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jerush said:

How on earth do you fight melee vs giants? The camera is so f**king horrible, i can't even see their attacks. 

This has to be the worst camera system in the entire soulsborne

Attack the legs. And also in between their legs 

There was supposed to something there, but now just a lump is there. Attack that. ;)

Lol.. i can attack the legs. How do I dodge their attacks when I can't even see their hands. And with a katana/ schmitar there's not enough poise damage to make them fall. 

Wish there was a way to zoom out the camera ☹️

Edited by Jerush

13 minutes ago, Jerush said:

Lol.. i can attack the legs. How do I dodge their attacks when I can't even see their hands. And with a katana/ schmitar there's not enough poise damage to make them fall. 

Wish there was a way to zoom out the camera ☹️

You don't let them attack you. Stay close but behind them. 

Roll under them if they turn to face you.

10 minutes ago, Jerush said:

Have you tried two-handed jump attacks and charged attacks?

Also, if you have a moonveil katana, its weapon arts do significant posture damage.

• Thanks 1