Ask The Experts

Chaztin

So looking for suggestions regarding UPS and ideas on optimizing the setup.

UPS 1: 1100 VA APC

- LG C9 55 inches

- Sony 5.1

- PS5 (hopefully when I get it)

- Router 1

UPS 2: 1100 VA APC

- Core i7 7820x with 128GB RAM office desktop

- 2 x 1440p monitors

- Ryzen 3600, 2070 Super gaming desktop

- Router 2

- Wii U

The second 1100VA APC cannot handle both my office workstation and gaming PC at load. Thinking of getting a 600VA UPS for the gaming PC exclusively (leaving aside the monitors). Do you think it would be enough? Any tips to optimize it? I have backup in my apartment, so this is just to ensure I can safely shut my PC down or it holds till backup kicks in.

600VA will give you around 360W. I think that may not be enough or probably just close to it. You can probably put your office desktop on it (if it doesn't have a discrete gfx card) and put the rest of the things on the 1100VA one. Otherwise get a 800VA one at the minimum.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shantz said:

600VA will give you around 360W. I think that may not be enough or probably just close to it. You can probably put your office desktop on it (if it doesn't have a discrete gfx card) and put the rest of the things on the 1100VA one. Otherwise get a 800VA one at the minimum.

That's what I was planning too. Getting something that can only backup my office PC. I will connect my monitors and PC to the 1100VA one. Any suggestions for a 800VA ups?

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

APC is the best. But I just noticed that there's not much price difference in their 800 and 1100VA models. So you can probably just go for another 1100 VA APC.

Shantz, any site recommendations for router reviews ? SNB is dead AFAIK. 

Are you still on Ubi setup ?

38 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Shantz, any site recommendations for router reviews ? SNB is dead AFAIK. 

Are you still on Ubi setup ?

I stopped pursuing router review sites after moving to ubnt :P So not that sure who covers them well these days.

Yeah, still on that setup. It's going pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Shantz said:

I stopped pursuing router review sites after moving to ubnt :P So not that sure who covers them well these days.

Yeah, still on that setup. It's going pretty good.

Can you list your setup ? Ubi now has an India shop too. 

Any advice on NAS ?

44 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can you list your setup ? Ubi now has an India shop too. 

Any advice on NAS ?

For the NAS, synology is a good brand. I use a 216j (Low-power/ARM based 2 bay). Has reliable applications to backup from devices and then backup to cloud. You can buy the latest 2 bay j model. If you want more power (or things like transcoding/playback etc) then you can look at one of the intel ones from synology.

This thread has few details about my setup:

• Like 1

Now that the Sony WH-1000XM4 are gonna be available soon, does that mean we're also gonna get a Bsose QC 45?

Or is the, Bose 700 supposed to be it? 

I've always been on the Bose side of things because the comfort is unparalleled, but if I'm gonna make a change soon I thinking I'm leaning towards the Sony XM4 in a few months when the price comes down.

Release price will be approx 30K I assume, whereas the XM3 is always on discount during big sale for 18-19K. 

On 9/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, Chirag2001 said:

https://www.boseapac.com/en_in/products/headphones/headphone_accessories/quietcomfort-25-headphones-ear-cushion-kit.html#v=qc25_earcushion_acc_black

Does it show a buy option for anybody? 

My earpads on my headphones are screwed, and Bose website won't let me order new ones. 

Wondering if I order generic cheeni brand ones from Amazon at this point

I just bought from Aliexpress couple of pair so far so good.

6 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Just curious, why Aliexpress and not just Amazon?

The 3rd party ones on Amazon seem okay enough, but I wanted to go for legit Bose ones.

When I bought there were no legit ones. I even checked with bose customer support.

So I had to go for duplicates anyway, on amaon it was very expensive and I had the time to wait too.

2 hours ago, Root said:

When I bought there were no legit ones. I even checked with bose customer support.

So I had to go for duplicates anyway, on amaon it was very expensive and I had the time to wait too.

How much was it on Aliexpress? Its roughly a 100 bucks on Amazon. I don't mind spending a bit more to get as close to legit Bose cushions as possible. 

Plus I think Amazon it just more convenient....

• 2 weeks later...

Can we check if a given whatsapp status screenshot is fake/edited or real ?

(But anyone can save a number with another name and the new name will be displayed as status of edited person for screenshot)

Or mainly can police help to see any contact's old  whatsapp statuses ?

Don't ask what ? really stupid but intense thing.

Edited by GunnerY2J

On 9/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Root said:

If its 100 then no brainer. I bought it couple of years ago and it was for more than 2000 for a pair that's why I went with AliExpress

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That was a typo. I meant a 1000 lol, for the generic ones on Amazon. 

Original Bose ones are around 2K, Bird said he has em, but they haven't been in stock for 6 months now. Btw, Thanks man. 

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Can we check if a given whatsapp status screenshot is fake/edited or real ?

(But anyone can save a number with another name and the new name will be displayed as status of edited person for screenshot)

Or mainly can police help to see any contact's old  whatsapp statuses ?

Don't ask what ? really stupid but intense thing.

burning with curiousity :rofl:

20 minutes ago, Walker said:

burning with curiousity :rofl:

It's stupid and personal but important.

Really can't tell, shameful as well.

Can involve the police etc and money can be spent as well.

Can we recover a said number's past status updates on a particular date ?

The said person (uploader) is denying but if someone saw it live and of course the viewer has the correct number/name saved of the uploader, the said person is lying that he didn't do it, right ?

The said person says someone else did it in his name ?

Can a third person do this via some hack  ?

Screenshots can be edited but the one person who saw it live is 100% trusted.

But just need confirmation.

Best is to just go to the police with whatever you have. Cases have been registered before on basis of whatsapp screenshots.

Whatsapp themselves doesn't store anything on its servers so I don't think they'll be of help.

I don't think you can recover past statuses either. But yes it can be faked, edited or he can claim someone else used his phone etc