PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Sirjee ripping Xbox India a new one.. 

This post reminds me of two things I wanna ask -

1) Why is Baldur's Gate 3 price in India PSN store is absurd? It cost around 5.8K and since the game is digital only that is highly absurd price for a game. I know it is the game of the generation etc but still the price is way higher even SM2 or other latest AAA don't cost this much.

any other way to get this a bit cheaper? Loved DOS2.

2) when I was initially deciding whether to get XSX or PS5 one of the main factor which pushed me towards PS5 purchase was that Sony presence in India. We have official Sony store (shopatsc) and official service centre in almost all major metro cities. When I came to know that Xbox has no official service centre in India I immediately opted for PS5. 

Few days back I was thinking of buying XSS but the same thought crossed my mind. So, has the situation improved in this regard? Or if somehow I break XSS I would be out of option and my only option would be to ship it outside India?

Edited by zoord

1 minute ago, zoord said:

This post reminds me of two things I wanna ask -

1) Why is Baldur's Gate 3 price in India PSN store is absurd? It cost around 5.8K and since the game is digital only that is highly absurd price for a game. I know it is the game of the generation etc but still the price is way higher even SM2 or other latest AAA don't cost this much.

any other way to get this a bit cheaper? Loved DOS2.

2) when I was initially deciding whether to get XSX or PS5 one of the main factor which pushed me towards PS5 purchase was that Sony presence in India. We have official Sony store (shopatsc) and official service centre in almost all major metro cities. When I came to know that Xbox has no official service centre in India I immediately opted for PS5. 

Few days back I was thinking of buying XSS but the same thought crossed my mind. So, has the situation improved in this regard? Or if somehow I break XSS I would be out of option and my only option would be to ship it outside India?

Some devs like that even ActiBlizz charge you one price across the globe, so its equivalent to US price of $70.. doesn't matter which platform you play..

On 11/4/2023 at 2:56 PM, Kazarka said:

Well No one talking about how Sony killed Bungie and also killing other studios internally with forced GaasS.

Destiny was making profit when they were independent and now they facing layoffs and losses.

Bungie would have been in deep troubles already had the Sony acquisition didn't happen when it happen... Stop watching click baity videos as your source go read more details on Forbes.. No one on the team has blamed Sony for what's happening at bungie.. 

Nice try though. 

1 hour ago, sobbii said:

Bungie would have been in deep troubles already had the Sony acquisition didn't happen when it happen... Stop watching click baity videos as your source go read more details on Forbes.. No one on the team has blamed Sony for what's happening at bungie.. 

Nice try though. 

Watch video 1st. Dont go based on title.  Sony owns them, they are Sony's internal studios now.  So Bungie's problem is Sony's problem as well. 

If there's any problem within Bethesda or Activision now, who should we blame for it? MS top management or people working in studios? 

Edited by Kazarka
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Sirjee ripping Xbox India a new one.. 

Yeah I got fed up with the Windows store GP sh*t and said fk it, I'll buy it on steam, saw both Starfield and Halo Infinite campaign were 5k (imagine paying 5k for one game on PC :lol: ), ultimately decided to go with option number 3. Luckily their DRM is made by the same guy who does Windows activation keys :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Kazarka said:

Watch video 1st. Dont go based on title.  Sony owns them, they are Sony's internal studios now.  So Bungie's problem is Sony's problem as well. 

If there's any problem within Bethesda or Activision now, who should we blame for it? MS top management or people working in studios? 

Bungie literally told their employees that they'd be under if not for Sony buyout.

Destin's video you're asking to watch does not cover this. It's not surprising since Destin is a known xthot, someone you'd rather believe than Bungie themselves.

"...employees were told that if the Sony buyout did not happen, that with current Destiny 2 performance the studio itself would have been in jeopardy if they were still independent...”

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/11/03/new-revelations-about-destiny-2-declines-bungie-layoffs-and-final-shape-as-make-or-break/?sh=79422d113947

Edited by gecko89

I don't get it. 

Since Sony has purchased Bungie, aren't all Bungie employees now Sony employees? This is basically layoffs happening at Sony. 

If Destiny is underperforming, Sony has other avenues. That's no longer Bungie's responsibility. 

I don’t think any company which is not in trouble would want to sell itself up & liquidate all its value.

Bethesda,Bungie,Activision-Blizzard-King…..all were in trouble & that’s exactly why the acquisition happened.

So was Insomniac,Ninja Theory,Obsidian & countless other smaller companies.

No one would sell a rising horse.

ABK might not be in a financial trouble but was in an existential crisis & if not sold it would have gotten into a massive destructural problem.

Bethesda games weren’t selling enough & TOD Howard was getting old & running out of ideas.

Bungies made a great franchise which lasted 10 years in the shooter space(an unmatchable feat) but everything has an expiry date.

They needed M$ lo launch Halo,Activision for Destiny & now they needed someone who’d give them creative freedom for future project unlike those 2 in the past.

Insomniac didn’t own any IP of their own & faced a massive problem of brain drain if the talent would leave to join Sony anyway.

Every single one sells out for a reason.

Edited by AnK

9 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

I don't get it. 

Since Sony has purchased Bungie, aren't all Bungie employees now Sony employees? This is basically layoffs happening at Sony. 

If Destiny is underperforming, Sony has other avenues. That's no longer Bungie's responsibility. 

Yup.

I know Sony bought them due to some financial issues, same goes for Bethesda. Bethesda were having financial issues as well, that's why MS acquired them but that doesn't change the fact MS owns them now fully. Same goes for Bungie, BUNGIE employees are now Sony employees as well.

Bungie is fully owned by Sony now just like Bethesda and ABK are fully under MS.

Bungie and every studio under Sony are now Sony's responsibility. Soon Sony will have to fix Bungie's problem.

F-MfcEFXQAEbzXp?format=jpg&name=large

I told you,console wars are over…..this thread holds little to no meaning now.

If M$ games are good enough it would force Playstation & Nintendo to have some sort of GamePass tier just like EAplay & Ubisoft+.

GTA+ is already a thing on PSN.

If games are not good enough & arm twisting wouldn’t work…..they’ll just have to be a regular 3rd party publisher to Playstation & Switch.

In anycase it will be good for Gamers & no one is loosing anything much in this shuffle thanks to the Regulatory Gods 🙏

& Specially Joe Biden’s backing of them :thumbsup: 

If it was Donald Chump sitting at the White House……MW3 would have been the last COD on Playstation.

Also Playstation & Nintendo haven’t been direct competitors since the death of Wii-U & PsVita.

I don’t think this thread is needed anylonger.

Edited by AnK

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

F-MfcEFXQAEbzXp?format=jpg&name=large

I told you,console wars are over…..this thread holds little to no meaning now.

If M$ games are good enough it would force Playstation & Nintendo to have some sort of GamePass tier just like EAplay & Ubisoft+.

GTA+ is already a thing on PSN.

If games are not good enough & arm twisting wouldn’t work…..they’ll just have to be a regular 3rd party publisher to Playstation & Switch.

In anycase it will be good for Gamers & no one is loosing anything much in this shuffle thanks to the Regulatory Gods 🙏

& Specially Joe Biden’s backing of them :thumbsup: 

If it was Donald Chump sitting at the White House……MW3 would have been the last COD on Playstation.

Also Playstation & Nintendo haven’t been direct competitors since the death of Wii-U & PsVita.

I don’t think this thread is needed anylonger.

It will be either Sleepy Joe again or Vivek Ramaswamy from Republican becoming President next year. Trump going jail 

28 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

the whole premise of gamepass is quantity over quality so I can see why starfield is the way it is 

Dude is spouting nonsense. 

End game consists of weapon crafting/armour crafting/ship building/outpost building to become more and more powerful. 

1000 planets has nothing to do with it. 

Played 60 hrs means mainlined story. And maybe a faction quest storyline. Haven't done much outside of that. 

16 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Dude is spouting nonsense. 

End game consists of weapon crafting/armour crafting/ship building/outpost building to become more and more powerful. 

1000 planets has nothing to do with it. 

Played 60 hrs means mainlined story. And maybe a faction quest storyline. Haven't done much outside of that. 

maybe you should post a review to your 270k followers as well.. oh wait