PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread

I don't think I can go back to regular RPGs after playing Elden Ring. It has just ruined the genre for me. 

Can't even think of playing something like Elden Scrolls or Fallout for a long long time. Hopefully Starfield will bring back that magic.

Ps : f*** you @Assassins Creed & @Mr. Comingle

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

The only thing guaranteed about Starfield is it'll launch with lots of bugs (it's a Bethesda staple after all), it'll still probably be a great game considering Bethesda track record. 

However, it coming close to PS quality or beating Elden Ring meta is just capping with extra steps.

Fixes to those bugs would come as season 2 updates...

Just now, gecko89 said:

Games launching with bugs is one thing, Bethesda games launching with bugs is another. There's a reason it's called Bugthesda Studios.

Not saying game will be bad, will probably be good at least. 

I have played all Bethesda rpg games and yes they are buggy but still doesn't affect the enjoyment of the game. 30m people played Skyrim, if bugs were so bad then they would have stopped playing.  

Its very hard to QA every single area or npc interactions in massive open world games. 

Fallout 4 was a great game but no where close to Witcher 3,Bloodborne,MGS5 or even Batman AK. 

All of whom released in same year. 

Skyrim & Fallout 3 were indeed extra ordinary for their times but that was long long time ago. 

Fallout 76 was possibly the biggest catalyst behind the company going up for sale. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Why the f**k would a publisher list Main developmental studio as a “support studio” & credit other studio as the developer?!? 

Specially when Bathesda Austin has a history of supporting main studios. 

Doesn’t make sense to me….maybe to you & Ryan Mcaffrey. 

Ofcourse they had some input but most of the work was done by team Austin. Its not like they had no involvement with the game.

Todd was not creative director but he openly takes the blame for its failure as his name is associated with everything Bethesda studios makes. 

Starfield is by Todd and his core team. He is creative Director just like he was for Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and 4

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ofcourse they had some input but most of the work was done by team Austin. Its not like they had no involvement with the game.

Doesn’t seem so bud:- 

30-DCAD01-8528-4-BB3-8-D56-9-C8-C0-CF397

4-F561-C78-4698-499-F-A98-F-2-DFAC09-D86

7-F9-DF6-B7-66-CA-4602-BFF8-30602-ABB022

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Doesn’t seem so bud:- 

30-DCAD01-8528-4-BB3-8-D56-9-C8-C0-CF397

4-F561-C78-4698-499-F-A98-F-2-DFAC09-D86

7-F9-DF6-B7-66-CA-4602-BFF8-30602-ABB022

Its by Bethesda studios but Bethesda got multiple teams. Its by team Austin under Bethesda studios. Maryland main team and Austin 2nd team.

Todd Horward also openly promoted the game at E3 and yes it was advertised as from studios that made those single player RPG games to attract gamers. It was stupid of them to do so. Todd Horward took the blame for failure for same reason. 

If Todd was creative director on 76 then i would have agreed with you but he was not. His team assisted Austin and he promoted the game but he was not directly involved as game director. Jeff Gardiner and Chris Mayer were directors of the game. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

47 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its between Starfield vs Elden ring. You also know it. So just stop it right there lol

More of the same will be the reason critics will use against Ragnarok when it will come to giving goty.

We haven't seen a single second of starfield gameplay, so it's you who needs to stop it right there.....lol

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I have played all Bethesda rpg games and yes they are buggy but still doesn't affect the enjoyment of the game. 30m people played Skyrim, if bugs were so bad then they would have stopped playing.  

Its very hard to QA every single area or npc interactions in massive open world games. 

Once again, that's exactly what I said, people played it despite being super buggy, especially at launch, one would wonder whether they even have a QA division.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

We haven't seen a single second of starfield gameplay, so it's you who needs to stop it right there.....lol

f**k gameplay no one even knows the exact genre. 
(Open world or Linear worlds like ME)

& ppl are already claiming it will be rated higher than GoW~R & go straight up against Elden Ring.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

f**k gameplay no one even knows the exact genre. 
(Open world or Linear worlds like ME)

& ppl are already claiming it will be rated higher than GoW~R & go straight up against Elden Ring.

Skyrim in space

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Once again, that's exactly what I said, people played it despite being super buggy, especially at launch, one would wonder whether they even have a QA division.

There are dedicated bugs threads on Reddit for Elden ring. Game has lot of bugs and performance issues but that's not stopping players from enjoying it coz core gameplay amazing world is fun to explore.

Starfield needs to nail the open world again and make core game fun with better QA and people will love it even if its buggy at launch. 

Now ponies who hate everything Xbox will hate it regardless. They all will play it using Xbox langar just to bash it lol. I mean we have ponies here who played 100s hours of Infinite multiplayer last year and still voted for Returnal secretly in goty poll without even playing it :rofl:

Ab iss type k logon ka kuch nahi kar saktey, they will bash Starfield regardless lol.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

There is a dedicated threads on Reddit for Elden ring. Game has lot of bugs and performance issues but that's not stopping players from enjoying it coz core gameplay amazing world is fun to explore.

Starfield needs to nail the open world again and make core game fun with better QA and people will love it even if its buggy at launch. 

Now ponies who hate everything Xbox will hate it regardless. They all will play it using Xbox langar just to bash it lol. I mean we have ponies here who played 100s hours of Infinite multiplayer last year and still voted for Returnal secretly in goty poll without even playing it :rofl:

Ab iss type k logon ka kuch nahi kar saktey, they will bash Starfield regardless lol.

Fair enough.

Don't think anyone would bash fans for cautious optimism, its some delusions of grandeur based on some artwork that's annoying. People bashed GoW too, and today it stands as one of the greatest games of the decade.

As for the IVG GOTY poll, not sure if you're talking about me but had chosen not to vote in that popularity contest :D

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Fair enough.

Don't think anyone would bash fans for cautious optimism, its some delusions of grandeur based on some artwork that's annoying. People bashed GoW too, and today it stands as one of the greatest games of the decade.

As for the IVG GOTY poll, not sure if you're talking about me but had chosen not to vote in that popularity contest :D

No not you. He is the pony who post random sh*t from Twitter. Lol. Guess who? :naughty:

He is the only pony who played Halo infinite and enjoyed it but still bashes it all the time lol.

And i don't remember anyone bashing GoW even Xbox fans like GoW. GoW is universally loved by fans on both sides.

Edited by WhiteWolf

People making references to my name should be ashamed of the fact that I have "bought" more xbox games than they ever did. 

I bought halo infinite at launch at full price to see what's the brouhaha is all about. Needless to say the game is an utter disappointment. 

Will probably stay away from Starfield till some discount season on steam.