Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think his point is that all germans are not associated with Nazis in the public mind. A person won't be motivated to lynch a German after watching Schindler's List. 

But, in India, our imbeciles will associate all Kashmiris and Muslims with the terrorists who did that and some sh*t could happen. 

Although that says more about the state of our country than it does about the movie. 

Every 3rd post of yours here is how our country is not that great and needs improvement :doh: Thoda respect aur proud karlo bhai kya jaata hai isme. Jo mil rha hai dusri jagah woh bhi freedom aur resources nhi milenge

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I don't get this logic.  Was anything shown in the movie false ? If not, when ppl lap up movies like Schindler's list or the pianist and award them why hate on movies made from India which are mostly of similar kind ? Did Spielberg create Schindler list so that the world can hate on Germans ? He made a movie based on an event in history, similarly some guys in India made a movie on an event from Indian history.  

What's funny is that a lot of stuff in Schindler's list is made up, not the Holocaust or the vile stuff that Nazis did, but stuff that Schindler did for the Jews. It is not a very historically accurate movie at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

In what way?

I remember reading that some characters are merged, some events are exaggerated but the movie is accurate for the most part. 

The fact that he was a staunch supporter of Hitler, was part of the planning of Poland's invasion and start of WW2, was a devout Nazi who's Jew sympathy started and ended with his own cheap labor and their well being. If he was a soldier instead of an opportunist businessman he'd be shooting Jews alongside other Nazis. And the factory did make ammunition of Nazis, not just pans and pots. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The fact that he was a staunch supporter of Hitler, was part of the planning of Poland's invasion and start of WW2, was a devout Nazi who's Jew sympathy started and ended with his own cheap labor and their well being. If he was a soldier instead of an opportunist businessman he'd be shooting Jews alongside other Nazis. And the factory did make ammunition of Nazis, not just pans and pots. 

Then how come they show the jewish survivors paying respects at his grave? In the credits ( those were the real jewish survivors from his factory) 

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Then how come they show the jewish survivors paying respects at his grave? In the credits ( those were the real jewish survivors from his factory) 

People like Stanley Kubrick and Art Spiegelman have criticised the movie for its incorrect depiction. 

31 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Because him (and his wife) did save them from the SS even if it was for his private gains. They definitely owe their lives to them.

11 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

If someone is saying he's unaware about the kashmir incident even after thirty years and came to know about it after watching this movie, then bro its just nothing more than a joke and i feel sorry for those people.

where were those people,in usa.

And pls dont say that if some people dont know about the kashmir incident is the indicator of how this event is suppressed.fact is majority of ppl are totally aware about it and about the intensity of that genocide.(Ppl who has some general awareness about theire world)

Only fact that is true is that time gov didnt took any action 

Bad take bro, majority of people are NOT AWARE , they just know it happened but not THE EXTENT. Also not the only true fact , the movie also shows how reporters and activists tried to cover up for it , which in unknown by a lot of people.

11 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

All im saying that there is no need of such movies bcs majority of ppl already knows,no need to keep digging the past,so all this movie do is spreading hate only and wrecking the national integrity.

Did you watch the film? IF not how do you say its spreading hate?

10 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Bad take bro, majority of people are NOT AWARE , they just know it happened but not THE EXTENT. Also not the only true fact , the movie also shows how reporters and activists tried to cover up for it , which in unknown by a lot of people.

Did you watch the film? IF not how do you say its spreading hate?

I have watched the film,

Dekhi hai tbhi bol rha hu.

10 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I see. It seems strange how the makers convinced the real survivors to show up and pay respects at schnidler's grave then.

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Because him (and his wife) did save them from the SS even if it was for his private gains. They definitely owe their lives to them.

I read somewhere (ages ago) he got 15k for saving those people. Need to look up the source tbh. 

Some discussion here: https://historycollection.com/these-18-facts-reveal-the-true-story-of-schindlers-list/13/

and here: https://forward.com/culture/film-tv/415662/whats-wrong-with-schindlers-list-kind-of-a-lot/

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I read somewhere (ages ago) he got 15k for saving those people. Need to look up the source tbh. 

16 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

He gone bankrupt after saving theire workers. He put all his life savings for them.

In this video you can confirm, from the real victims. They also tell about how he spent some of the years of his life,took shelter in the victims home in australia i think, even owed to the victims bcs he was an alcoholic.

He created lot of wealth with the cooperation of nazis,he even use jews for cheap labour but hes just an opportunist like any other business minded person.

I think he's the type of man who do what he likes,did not give a sh*t about the world.

3 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

He gone bankrupt after saving theire workers.

I think he went bankrupt after Germany lost the war, and he had to run away and bribe a bunch of people to let him live. And then he tried to get it all reimbursed. :lol:

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think he went bankrupt after Germany lost the war, and he had to run away and bribe a bunch of people to let him live. And then he tried to get it all reimbursed. :lol:

But he had made lot of fortune for himself way before the war ended

He could live his luxurious life in any part of the world he want.

22 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

He gone bankrupt after saving theire workers. He put all his life savings for them.

In this video you can confirm, from the real victims. They also tell about how he spent some of the years of his life,took shelter in the victims home in australia i think, even owed to the victims bcs he was an alcoholic.

He created lot of wealth with the cooperation of nazis,he even use jews for cheap labour but hes just an opportunist like any other business minded person.

I think he's the type of man who do what he likes,did not give a sh*t about the world.

Btw,some are comparing schindlers list with kashmir files,but the fact is atleast the protagonist in the Schindler's list is a german.

I would have appreciated the kashmir files if they showed some stories like that. Just for the sake of mutual harmony.

Even rahul pandita the writer of 'our moon has blood clots' mentioned such story about his neighbour.

9 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

Btw,some are comparing schindlers list with kashmir files,but the fact is atleast the protagonist in the Schindler's list is a german.

I would have appreciated the kashmir files if they showed some stories like that. Just for the sake of mutual harmony.

Even rahul pandita the writer of 'our moon has blood clots' mentioned such story about his neighbour.

The protagonist of schnidler's list was not German, he was Austrian/Hungarian afaik

27 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

But he had made lot of fortune for himself way before the war ended

He could live his luxurious life in any part of the world he want.

He could have if anybody thought Germans won't win. Of course, hindsight is 20:20. 

He had to escape, he had to bribe, he had to use the story of saving Jews to ensure he is not treated as a war criminal. 

Reality is obviously much more different and nuanced then the Jesus Christ savior depicted in the movie. 

24 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

He could have if anybody thought Germans won't win. Of course, hindsight is 20:20. 

He had to escape, he had to bribe, he had to use the story of saving Jews to ensure he is not treated as a war criminal. 

Reality is obviously much more different and nuanced then the Jesus Christ savior depicted in the movie. 

Very rational, try to do same in kf also.:giggle:

I want to do watch this movie but like many I have not read books that exposed what had happened back in those days in details but I have seen Shikara and heard a few people who had ‘acquired’ knowledge about the period. But from my experience in life so far, every truth is often distorted for emotional or personal or commercial motivation. Consume with a pinch of salt.

For example; Army’s exploitation in Kashmir could be a fact but might not be as wide spread as media or locals make it to be. But sitting here on the other side of the country I cannot pass judgement on the locals or Indian Army. Not even based on a movie that I see because I question the integrity of the filmmakers and those who are indirectly involved.