Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Don't know why , I'm kinda looking forward to Valhalla. :|

Was in a similar boat with Origins, and while the game itself was ridiculously pretty, the garbage levelling system ruined it for me. Hope Ubisoft has moved past level gating here.

There will be no level system in Valhalla. Skill tree will be there. Unless they go back on their words

They moved from levelling system to power system. 

unknown.png

The idea is same but you won't see level requirement but power. With power, you can beat content even if you are not ready for it (with some difficulty - taking more damage/dealing less). 

unknown.png

Power is tied with skill points. The more you unlock, the higher your power will be. Not all activities will give skill point.

XP system is also there but less valuable. You will still get skill points each time XP bar is filled along with other stuff.

unknown.png

The deep dive trailer looked like a Viking/Game of Thrones series, looks ridiculously good.

Just bought AC Odyssey (yet to play) when it was 1,200 bucks on the MS store so will buy this one next year for same price when my Series X is ready.

Hyped for this game since the seem to made a lot of right decisions in this game. Borrowed some aesthetics from some great RPGs and world is more colorful and less filled with icons, so you can atleast immerse yourself in the game (unlike other games where the whole map was a shitfest of icons). Clearing some of the games from my backlog over next 2 weeks before the gameocalypse hit us with tons of big games in a month. 

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Hyped for this game since the seem to made a lot of right decisions in this game. Borrowed some aesthetics from some great RPGs and world is more colorful and less filled with icons, so you can atleast immerse yourself in the game (unlike other games where the whole map was a shitfest of icons). Clearing some of the games from my backlog over next 2 weeks before the gameocalypse hit us with tons of big games in a month. 

Do remember though. Trailers are meant to make the game look good. Best is to just wait for release and see general impressions imo. 

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Do remember though. Trailers are meant to make the game look good. Best is to just wait for release and see general impressions imo. 

Getting it free as part of Ryzen processer offer so I can't complain. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnK said:

How is GoW or GoW~R a “viking game” 

it’s about mythology era & not medival era 

Era of the gods =/= Era of the humans 

kinda equivalent to how Original GoW trilogy was different than Odyssey even though based in same region of the world 

Anyway 

apart from this 

the game just looks drop dead gorgeous & very interesting even without Raytracing 

Do I need to play Origins or Odyssey to enjoy this?!?

Last AC game I finished was 3 & left BlackFlag midway 

I realised the main concept was over & now they are just repeat milking for the sake of it 

until they changed it into an RPG with Origins 

but I don’t want to waste time in all past games now 

Both of those are self contained, only connected by the boring bits in which they make you play as some modern day egyptian woman assassin.

Odyssey you can easily skip. It has a forgettable story and just too big of a game for the sake of making it big. Quests are rarely interesting. I just finished it because I dont like leaving games halfway through but it was more like a chore to finish than playing duet to interesting story. Moreover there are levelgating at various points in story where you have to grind to get to certain levels before you can continue the main story. 

Origins had a better story but gameplay isnt that interesting. 

Just watch some video on youtube for story of two games and jump into Valhalla.

3 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Odyssey you can easily skip. It has a forgettable story and just too big of a game for the sake of making it big. Quests are rarely interesting. I just finished it because I dont like leaving games halfway through but it was more like a chore to finish than playing duet to interesting story. Moreover there are levelgating at various points in story where you have to grind to get to certain levels before you can continue the main story. 

Origins had a better story but gameplay isnt that interesting. 

Just watch some video on youtube for story of two games and jump into Valhalla.

Story is garbage and forgettable, both are tourism games basically, with Odyssey having much more fun combat and sailing/naval combat.

18 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

This or watch dogs legion? Thinking of pre-ordering cyberpunk and one more game to avail hdfc discount during sale. 

both are sh*t, save your money, get Valhalla GOTY/Gold edition whatever in a year which will come with all DLC