The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, sobbii said:

Bro destiny k alawa kuch nahi khelta lol..
Yeh toh oled pe 4k 120 dekhne ke chakkar main le liya.. And in last 10 months all I have played is sotr and hitman 3 on the led..
Sab suleimani keede ka nateeja hai..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

LOL XD

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Sorry but you can't get a FALD for 43k. What model is that? 

This one. Comes to 43k with the cashback. Twas during Diwali sale iirc. 

Screenshot-2021-05-28-17-26-02-59-c4b2fa

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

This TV is terrible for gaming and also discontinued. For most people it's a toss up between x90H and OLED. 

Meh. I'm content.

Oled or mini-OLED maybe 2-3 years down the line. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

PCs are only cheaper if you can't do math. You can do this exercise for yourself. Play around with the assumptions and I'm willing to bet that the answer won't be very different. PC might have more value for someone who actually wants to use it for other things but I don't and many other people don't as well. What consoles give up in flexibility, they make up in convenience. 

For me, an argument between two types of TVs is exact same as console vs PC because they're both essentially gaming devices for me. PC promises maybe higher quality and a different cost structure for games but it's an apples to apples comparison. 

20200722-005608.jpg

Whenever we want to build an expensive pc we need to be a bit clever. If you are investing on a high end GPU (like 3080) never buy brand new. Get second hand with some warranty (maybe 2-3 years). Same goes for stuff such as rams. Rams seldom go kaput. Even higher end mobos don't die so easily. 

You can cut down the overall price significantly by this method. 

PCs are only cheaper if you can't do math. You can do this exercise for yourself. Play around with the assumptions and I'm willing to bet that the answer won't be very different. PC might have more value for someone who actually wants to use it for other things but I don't and many other people don't as well. What consoles give up in flexibility, they make up in convenience. 
For me, an argument between two types of TVs is exact same as console vs PC because they're both essentially gaming devices for me. PC promises maybe higher quality and a different cost structure for games but it's an apples to apples comparison. 
20200722-005608.jpg
So, are you considering the price of TV with PS5 (considering it is essentially a gaming device for you)? If not, then a equivalent pc without a monitor would be much cheaper. 1-1.1 lacs that i quoted was for a pc with Rtx 3060ti and a very good monitor, which runs circles around both thr consoles. Not to forget, the games that you get on PC, you can actually keep unlike on consoles, where you have to constantly sell for that 2.1k average price. So yeah, overall experience on PC is going to be better at comparable, if not cheaper, prices. So, the entire argument of PC gaming being too expensive is false.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sorry for my noobness but what is a FALD?!?

Full-Array Local Dimming

Edit: FALD is FALD. Not to be confused with BALD, like certain... individuals... here, in this forum.

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

+1

If you run the numbers, no matter how you cut it, building a gaming PC will make sense only for someone who doesn't already have a PC/laptop (or is in upgrade cycle) and wants something that doubles up as a gaming machine. 

As a pureplay gaming device, numbers will be in favor of consoles for an equivalent experience. Not to mention the fact that setting up a PC/laptop on a 4K >50" TV would require a fundamental shift in the way furniture is arranged at home.

The one way to justify a gaming PC would be to have something low cost that plays 1080P as the monitors are kept right in front of your eyes and need not provide a 4K experience. But then the comparison base is shifted.

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

Full-Array Local Dimming

Edit: FALD is FALD. Not to be confused with BALD, like certain... individuals... here, in this forum.

Dost dost na raha :wave:

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

So, are you considering the price of TV with PS5 (considering it is essentially a gaming device for you)? If not, then a equivalent pc without a monitor would be much cheaper. 1-1.1 lacs that i quoted was for a pc with Rtx 3060ti and a very good monitor, which runs circles around both thr consoles. Not to forget, the games that you get on PC, you can actually keep unlike on consoles, where you have to constantly sell for that 2.1k average price. So yeah, overall experience on PC is going to be better at comparable, if not cheaper, prices. So, the entire argument of PC gaming being too expensive is false.

Plus you can reduce the cost by getting some components like rams, GPU etc second hand but under warranty. Why buy something brand new  that'll get obsolete in one year anyways.. 

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Dost dost na raha :wave:

Just now, rushaboswal said:

Direct insult he ye toh . Admins ban him :ranting:

Relax, guys. I'll be joining the BALD league soon enough.

Then, both my OLED and my head, will be reflective.

• Haha 2

As per my estimate, it'll cost 1 lakh minimum to build a 4k 30 capable PC without monitor but including mouse, keyboard and other input devices. 
Per our last discussion, PC is going to be hooked to a TV so that is a sunk cost. 
PC ke liye you need purpose built furniture whereas for console you already have the required things in your home. 
Your estimate is wrong then. A current equivalent pc can be easily built for 80-85k. Easily, without buying anything second hand

3 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Relax, guys. I'll be joining the BALD league soon enough.

Then, both my OLED and my head, will be reflective.

Tera toh daadi hai accha. Apne toh udhar bhi lagey pade hai. 

How dare I not spend 1 lakh on a gaming toy. 
Tell that to me when i start calling other people's devices terrible and recommending gaming pcs to everyone irrespective of their budget and requirement

Dila de fir. Post the build with prices for each component. Even at 85k its just transaction neutral and not much cheaper. 
Abhi nahi mil sakta since there is shortage of graphic cards. Next year banayunga, would gladly share the prices/deals.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeh sab garibi console mein bhi kar sakte hain.

So by your own admission, PC requires constant upgrades. :roflroll:

Not really. 1060 is almost 5 years old now. It runs all titles (steam, sony and gp) at 40-50 and sometimes 50+ fps @1080p on high. 

Im pretty sure it will run halo infinite, Starfield and other XBOX exclusives at similar frames as well. So one card can last you for almost 2 generations. 

PS- with xboxs cross gen gimmick now any card above 1xxx series would kill every GP game for sure (if they optimise the title for xbox one s, any card launched post 2015 will run it easily). 

also being smart while buying expensive stuff != gareebi. Always invest in appreciating assets and not depreciating assets.