The Playstation 5 thread

So, according to a friend who contacted one of the local Sony Centers in Chennai today about the 17th May pre-orders, the deliveries won't happen before 7th June because of the lockdown (its going to get extended beyond 31st May). For those who ordered disc version, some of the stock is with Sony Chennai but not yet given to Centers. So, they will receive it first when lockdown lifts. For those who ordered DE, the stock is yet to arrive from Sony Delhi! So, those orders will get fulfilled only around mid-June, a full month post the ordering, IF the DE stocks come at all. This is just... :wallbash:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

RE village is not exclusive, Returnal and DeS have a niche audience. So, 2 games. Deathloop and Ghostwire look so so. I'm kinda digging Ghostwire more than Deathloop so far but definitely not day 1 buy. 

Still better compared to absolutely f**k all on the xbox side. 

I've also spent more on PS5 games in the first month of ownership than I spent on 3 years of Gamepass. 

Launch titles need not be exclusives. Was referring to games that might coax someone to buy a system. The game library suddenly looks a lot fuller compared to what it was last November. Every month sony is teasing one exclusive.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

RE village is not exclusive, Returnal and DeS have a niche audience. So, 2 games. Deathloop and Ghostwire look so so. I'm kinda digging Ghostwire more than Deathloop so far but definitely not day 1 buy. 

I've also spent more on PS5 games in the first month of ownership than I spent on 3 years of Gamepass. 

This is to be expected because of the Gold Conversion Gamepass trick. Everyone had a PS4 last gen, so PS+ Collection might seem worthless, but it also provides quite great value. PS+ has also been a blast the last few months (You literally had stuff like Control Ultimate Edition, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Greedfall etc.) so there really was no need to spend on games at all (Unless seller forced bundles)

That said, I only got PS5 because of the unique experiences.In expectation of stuff like Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Horizon, Final Fantasy and all new IPs while already impressed with DeS, Spiderman MM and what I saw of Ratchet (all within a couple of months of launch). The exclusives justified the price. Not to mention, the Pulse Headset. Experiencing PS5 games with the Pulse Headset is a revelation all by itself (Seriously the PS5 is incomplete without it). Getting 90+ meta games every 2 months or so - that's a mind blowing record. Not disappointed with the purchase at all. It's pretty much the best launch out of all console gens.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This is to be expected because of the Gold Conversion Gamepass trick. Everyone had a PS4 last gen, so PS+ Collection might seem worthless, but it also provides quite great value. PS+ has also been a blast the last few months (You literally had stuff like Control Ultimate Edition, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Greedfall etc.) so there really was no need to spend on games at all (Unless seller forced bundles)

That said, I only got PS5 because of the unique experiences.In expectation of stuff like Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Horizon, Final Fantasy and all new IPs while already impressed with DeS, Spiderman MM and what I saw of Ratchet (all within a couple of months of launch). The exclusives justified the price. Not to mention, the Pulse Headset. Experiencing PS5 games with the Pulse Headset is a revelation all by itself (Seriously the PS5 is incomplete without it). Getting 90+ meta games every 2 months or so - that's a mind blowing record. Not disappointed with the purchase at all. It's pretty much the best launch out of all console gens.

Plus many PS4 exclusives are getting 60fps patches. (Though xbox titles are also getting fps boosts). So a good upgrade for someone who skipped the PS4 generation. 

Ps - I think it is safe to say that ratchet and clank can be considered as the fist ps5 exclusive which is a system seller. 

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

PS5 first year is turning out to be much better than any other console in history 

Not only the Launch titles (which includes exclusives & Crossgen) are better 

but the Last year exclusives on PS4 are also a sublime cross-gen experience on PS5 (which hasn’t happened with any other console before) 

Games like

FF7

Nioh 2 

TLOU2 

Ghost OT

Are practically new games in their sublime on PS5 

Add to that 

Demon’s Souls

SS Miles Morales 

Returnal 

R&C RA

Deathloop

Ghostwire

Horizon FW 

are confirmed year 1 titles 

GT7

GoW~R

are confirmed year 1.5 titles 

I don’t think any console in history has shown this sort of offerings in first year itself 

I just hope things don’t go downhill from here coz historically bad things start after the good peaks 

Actually the system is so hard to get, for some gow ragnarock would be the launch title :bigyellowgrin:

Also Returnal is not getting enough credit which it deserves. Even if we go by Metacritic user reviews (which get bombed regularly) it stands at 7.3/10. 

Around 73% of gamers still like the game even if it targets a niche audience. Im sure once the price drops, a lot more would try it. 

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

I just hope things don’t go downhill from here coz historically bad things start after the good peaks 

Well a PS5 for someone who hasn't played any Playstation exclusives is a great purchase. Downhills will be natural, we can't expect SiE studios to pull of a 90+ meta game every quarter. I expect the latter half of 2022 and 2023 to be dominated by MSFT. Which in the end is a good thing for gaming in general

Edited by bharathitman

5 minutes ago, bharathitman said:

Well a PS5 for someone who hasn't played any Playstation exclusives is a great purchase. Downhills will be natural, we can't expect SiE studios to pull of a 90+ meta game every quarter. I expect the latter half of 2022 and 2023 to be dominated by MSFT. Which in the end is a good thing for gaming in general

Don't forget ps has around 25 brand new IPs in development. Some of them from Kojima Studios. I suspect an mgs remake and a new silent hill game somewhere down the line. Maybe 2023-2024. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

E3 is close. You will see good stuff from MS. But mostly Forza Horizon,  Halo and Starfield and then 3rd party game pass deals. 

This what people saying you will see from e3 showcase. Hopefully there are some surprises. 

Dont expect Fable, Hellblade, perfect dark nd all. These games development running behind coz of covid according to Matt Booty. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

The demand is actually too high for 1st year compared to PS4 

But that’s the case with every home entertainment gadget these days 

Yeah I just hope whenever I decide to buy after done with PS4Pro enhancement only games 

It is not as difficult as it is today 
my heart will break [emoji174] 
Those same games will be further enhanced on ps5..
Lele kya bharosa hai jivan ka..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

E3 is close. You will see good stuff from MS. But mostly Forza Horizon,  Halo and Starfield and then 3rd party game pass deals. 

This what people saying you will see from e3 showcase. Hopefully there are some surprises. 

Dont expect Fable, Hellblade, perfect dark nd all. These games development running behind coz of covid according to Matt Booty. 

But when will they launch these games is the question. 

Ratchet and clank would single handedly drive ps5 sales up. 

Till now, I think only gamepass is driving xsx / xss sales. 

Edited by radicaldude

Kyu dara raha hai bhai :fear: 
Be optimistic mat soch yeh sab 

Jaana sabne hai ek din 
but planning aakhri din tak chalti reheni chahiye [emoji4] 
Woh hi plan for the ps5 lele

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

But when will they launch these games is the question. 

Ratchet and clank would single handedly drive ps5 sales up. 

Till now, I think only gamepass is driving xsx / xss sales. 

All 3 this year.

Thing is with Xbox, you can play these games on last gen systems and on PC as well. You don't Series X unless you want high graphics and 60 fps.

Ratchet only on PS5. So ofcourse you need PS5 to play it hence more sales 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Just now, radicaldude said:

I don't think Starfield will launch this year. Unless ofcourse they want a cyberpunk-esque encore. (Buggy release at launch). 

We don't know that. Game development started in 2015. So lets see 

I don't think Starfield will launch this year. Unless ofcourse they want a cyberpunk-esque encore. (Buggy release at launch). 
Starfield will be late 2022 or early 2023 release