The Playstation 5 thread

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It's MKBHD. With how rich he is I don't think he even checks price any more :lol:  

Its just a number that you ignore like Product ID, Mkfg ID etc

That's exactly the kind of consumer Sony used to cater to. Probably that's why they are out of phones/laptop market.  Wonder how the Bravia range is doing? :scratchchin:

They could have been the Samsung of android phones. So much potential lost. Vaise even Windows Phone was smooth af imo :fear:, MS really blew it. Mobile market is so huge now, imagine if Windows Phone had succeeded and MS had that android share. Xbox brand would have been 10x bigger. 

Edited by rAgHaV

1 hour ago, rAgHaV said:

Sorry for the OT. But it's crazy how they've always made good xperia phones but completely forget to market them.

The naming of their product line is the worst in the business. Whoever handles the xperia line must be kept far far away from their Playstation division.

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The naming of their product line is the worst in the business. Whoever handles the xperia line must be kept far far away from their Playstation division.

the same faith is happening in their TV department, once a King now they are way down in sales by huge numbers compare to LG & Samsung.

Hope they don't screw up their Playstation brand.

5 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

the same faith is happening in their TV department, once a King now they are way down in sales by huge numbers compare to LG & Samsung.

Yes. My brother had a sony center but gave it up because sony tv, and phones sales are now 10% of what they use to be.  Thanks to oneplus and mi Tv's and phones. the only good thing sony sells now is headphones and alpha cameras.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Still rocking two Bravias, one 7 years old and another 3 years old. The panels still holding same sharpness and IQ without any screen bleeding. 

Yes i got a 1080p Bravia 46" X series still which is 9 years old but its now in the guest room. My gaming tv is an LG Oled & got a Samsung in the other room.

Sony tvs are not what they were like before, the Bravia X i have which is made in Japan is still good for HD content but since TV technology changes every 3-5 years now, its better to change the TV then.

Unfortunately LG is the New Sony for TVs, how much i hate to say it but its True.

P.S- Back to the playstation 5 Topic  :rolleyes:

Edited by speeddemon

7 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Every division except gaming  is down or stagnant compared to last year in q1 ...

q2 results on 28 th October ...

You expected sales to be higher in the quarter where majority of the world was in lockdown? This is consistent across most of the companies for the first quarter this year. 

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

You expected sales to be higher in the quarter where majority of the world was in lockdown? This is consistent across most of the companies for the first quarter this year. 

I did not expect anything.. I just posted the information.... q1 is from jan to March I think..

Here is q4 2019

1*IyEU2QRK9aNkoHigqXFRNg.jpeg

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Will someone explain it to this man (or boy whatever) 

that it’s an industry standard that every publisher follows voluntarily 

& not just Sony’s decision 

Just because GamesPass exists it’s got nothing to do with other publishers around the world :doh: 

Industry standard