Jump to content

Rumor thread and discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

 

It won't launch outside gp? That would be a bummer. Quake community would be pissed. 


If Halo itself is realising as a F2P game outside of any sort of paywall then I doubt that there will be any reason for Quake to not do the same 

 

But there will be some incentive for subscribers like Halo Infinite campaign is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AnK said:


If Halo itself is realising as a F2P game outside of any sort of paywall then I doubt that there will be any reason for Quake to not do the same 

 

But there will be some incentive for subscribers like Halo Infinite campaign is 

 

 

This acquisition is extremely messy. Id has some epic ips from a forgotten era with a huge fanbase. Many of them offered mp as well and some of those games still have an  active mp scene. All of them are MS properties now. ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AnK said:


If Halo itself is realising as a F2P game outside of any sort of paywall then I doubt that there will be any reason for Quake to not do the same 

 

But there will be some incentive for subscribers like Halo Infinite campaign is 

 

I hope they release halo on steam. 

 

Most prolly they will :rofl:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

This acquisition is extremely messy. Id has some epic ips from a forgotten era with a huge fanbase. Many of them offered mp as well and some of those games still have an  active mp scene. All of them are MS properties now. ? 

Those PC gamers don’t really have anything to worry about 

 

Nothing that already existed is going behind any sort of paywall 

M$ is in an image building mode 

 

If anything some incentive will be added for subscribers which can’t be a bad thing 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AnK said:

Those PC gamers don’t really have anything to worry about 

 

Nothing that already existed is going behind any sort of paywall 

M$ is in an image building mode 

 

If anything some incentive will be added for subscribers which can’t be a bad thing 

 

 

 

Do you need to download the xbox client to access those mp games is something I'm wondering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

 

Do you need to download the xbox client to access those mp games is something I'm wondering. 

You don’t even need that to play Gears,Forza,Halo anymore 

 

let alone new additions into the umbrella 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I hope they release halo on steam. 

 

Most prolly they will :rofl:

 

Maybe not Day 1 but why won't they? Also, why is it funny? Halo: MCC is already on steam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

 

Maybe not Day 1 but why won't they? Also, why is it funny? Halo: MCC is already on steam.

 

Because it is being launched as an exclusive. If it truly is one, it should not be found beyond the Xbox (console + pc) ecosystem. 

 

Steam is not xbox. Probably will be chaper on steam compared to ms store. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

Because it is being launched as an exclusive. If it truly is one, it should not be found beyond the Xbox (console + pc) ecosystem. 

 

Steam is not xbox. Probably will be chaper on steam compared to ms store. 

 

Is it? I'm personally not aware of this. Could you share a link?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/13/xbox-and-bethesda-games-showcase-recap/

 

 

Scroll down to find halo under the biggest exclusive games heading. 

 

Makes sense. But it can still come to Steam later like I said. MCC did. There's always an exclusive window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TRMNTR said:

 

Makes sense. But it can still come to Steam later like I said. MCC did. There's always an exclusive window.

It will come later for sure ,probably just working on the xbox and window 10 versions at the moment.

MCC ,sea of thieves ,forza etc are constantly topping the steam sales ,no way they are letting go of that easy money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...