Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

1 hour ago, zen said:

It will look worse if you switch from 60 fps. Play it for an hour and you will stop noticing it and get used to 30 fps. 

True. 

30 FPS is perceived differently by everyone. 
I guess those who enjoy it just have high tolerance for it or they just don’t notice it anymore. 

I played Control Ultimate Edition in 30 FPS as well and people still call me weird :P

finally started HFW today after completing Tsushima

the graphics look ducking INSANE!! :wOOtjumpy: Goosebumps and jaw drops during the intro :eyepop::surprise:A massive leap in visuals compared to PS4 games like Tsushima. MOSS is the BOSS - such incredible detail :majesty: 

preferring 30fps gfx mode, initially it was really nauseating but I reduced the x and y axis sensitivity completely to zero so that panning is slow and smooth which makes it playable

60fps mode drops visual quality and sharpness just too much for my preference

FMmNh4dVkAAdixw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMskwo9VcAMpZ5E?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMsk0lgagAU6s75?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0verlord said:

finally started HFW today after completing Tsushima

the graphics look ducking INSANE!! :wOOtjumpy: Goosebumps and jaw drops during the intro :eyepop::surprise:A massive leap in visuals compared to PS4 games like Tsushima. MOSS is the BOSS - such incredible detail :majesty: 

preferring 30fps gfx mode, initially it was really nauseating but I reduced the x and y axis sensitivity completely to zero so that panning is slow and smooth which makes it playable

60fps mode drops visual quality and sharpness just too much for my preference

FMmNh4dVkAAdixw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMskwo9VcAMpZ5E?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMsk0lgagAU6s75?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Enjoy best Sony exclusive ever and 2022 GOTY contender :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Man impossible to upgrade every armor. Just choose one you like and only focus on that. I was planning to use different armor sets depending on machine encounter but grinding and upgrading every to max is just too much. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Man impossible to upgrade every armor. Just choose one you like and only focus on that. I was planning to use different armor sets depending on machine encounter but grinding and upgrading every to max is just too much. 

Pouch capacity upgrades are even difficult lol. 

Even after 40 hrs and so much looting, I never find all the tools to craft a pouch upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Pouch capacity upgrades are even difficult lol. 

Even after 40 hrs and so much looting, I never find all the tools to craft a pouch upgrade. 

Took me about 10-20 mins to get the necessary items to craft and upgrade. Once you create a job it just marks the area where the animals are. Just wait and hunt.

11 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

It’s not difficult but it’s pretty annoying.. feels like chore…

I can’t believe they didn’t fix it from the first game 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They didn't fix anything from the first game except the character animations in cutscenes. Just made everything bigger. 

I think it’s a big upgrade over first…

combat system is so much than first..

cutscenes have been improved, side missions are also so much better..

stash system is god sent.. 

Works been taking a lot of my time, only got to the Deaths door main mission yesterday, loving the story so far. Absolutely loved the story in HZD. 

Got the first Tall neck and holy f*ck there's so much to do. Also, this is peak animation, everyone should take a note from HFW, Guerilla took the criticism in first game very very seriously. Plus the side missions are a huge improvement too, at least so far. Movement is another big plus, everything feels seamless. 

Whats annoying is picking berries, hopefully there's a skill upgrade that allows more quantity per pick. Inventory management is meh, could use an overhaul imo.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Cutscenes are improved but there is too much talking now with generally uninteresting dialogue. So they took one step forward and one step backward. 

Dialogue is cringe almost in every mission, even the main ones. 

It looks like they wrote it for teens/kids.

It’s not as matured or sensible like in GoT. 
But still better than Assassin’s creed games. 

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Works been taking a lot of my time, only got to the Deaths door main mission yesterday, loving the story so far. Absolutely loved the story in HZD. 

Got the first Tall neck and holy f*ck there's so much to do. Also, this is peak animation, everyone should take a note from HFW, Guerilla took the criticism in first game very very seriously. Plus the side missions are a huge improvement too, at least so far. Movement is another big plus, everything feels seamless. 

Whats annoying is picking berries, hopefully there's a skill upgrade that allows more quantity per pick. Inventory management is meh, could use an overhaul imo.

Turn on easy loot in the options

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Cutscenes are improved but there is too much talking now with generally uninteresting dialogue. So they took one step forward and one step backward. 

it’s trying to be an rpg without the choices :P

Side missions are improved but then they've introduced level gating which wasn't as prevalent in the first game. In the first one, you could just focus on main objectives and finish the game. In this one, the main missions are way above your skill after a point so you have to grind. 

it was there in first game too 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Stash system is just applying band aid over a problem which is the incessant scavenging and crafting. The needed to do some massive streamlining of the entire crafting mechanic but instead made it even more bloated what with all the rng and upgrades. 

ya.. I have the urge to pick up resources ever few seconds and  aloy does animation for all pickups.. it sucks… still stash system is really useful when compared to first game 

Edited by hsk_colossus

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They didn't fix anything from the first game except the character animations in cutscenes. Just made everything bigger. 

Naa game is huge improvement over first game in every way, its just the upgrade system for your gear is still a grind and not streamlined properly. Too many extra needles resources added to upgrade your gear. I know you can create job and then run around with your focus to hunt stuff but i don't enjoy it. Hunting machines for parts is fun but hunting real animals like fox, vultures, scorpions n all and collecting plants for upgrading stuff is not fun.

I have some minor issues with game here and there but overall I love it. Its fantastic game in every way.

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 hours ago, Vamos said:

Dialogue is cringe almost in every mission, even the main ones. 

It looks like they wrote it for teens/kids.

It’s not as matured or sensible like in GoT. 
But still better than Assassin’s creed games. 

Its mixed bag. Some good and some cringe but that too is improved over first game. Majority of quests are good and worth doing with good rewards