Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Btw where can I get some good weapons. I’m still rocking some basic a*s bows.

You need to advance the main story - After completing kulrut main mission and then Sea of Sands main Mission you can buy weapons of very rare (purple) category from vendors there . I just completed those and bought few weapons and they do amazing damage. 

You can also get few good weapons from side quests and vendors in settlements . 

Edited by Krazyniks

Finished it. My GOTY!!! What a sequel! Absolutely one of the best sequels ever made. They improved everything from first game, the most asked Melee combat, platforming, world traversal, weapons and everything previous gameplay had. 

The side quests are much better and they are usually chained to a side story which if you decide to do it, leads to a conclusion and not just one off thing. The story is surprisingly good as topping off the first one was a challenge on its own and they delivered. 

Loved all the new weapons, Spike throwers are my favorite. New enemies are well designed on the same horizon formula. Glider is a badass new addition! 

The world is much more vibrant and filled with settlements this time, even non settlement roads are  better as there are breathtaking visuals where just take some moment to enjoy the scene! 

Gameplay still remains the series best part, hunting big machines, tearing off their core parts and using it against them or just destroying parts of big machine one by one is so much fun. A refreshing mechanic that was introduced in Zero Dawn and still there is no game that is similar to this. 

Few nitpicks -

Tripcaster is dumbed down. Thankfully I was never a fan. 
Platforming, despite being improved a lot still isn't perfect and not much fun to do. 
Last boss and overall last mission was just OK. Was expecting a bit more challenge but then I was over levelled for the entire mission. 

If someone didn't like first game, then this one is not for them as it only evolved the formula by making everything better. Core mechanics are still the same. A good thing for me. 

Take a bow Guirilla games!!! Third part is also coming :WOOTJUMPY:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Relic ruins are so much fun in this game.  Intresting but not too difficult puzzles.  Reminded me of the old tomb raider games.

Yes. Completed all of them. Great environmental puzzles which are not too hard but fun. They also reward you some good loot and eventually a legendary gauntlet. Not to mention Vegas lights of major religions festivals! 

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Are you guys playing it on easy / normal ? I'm at level 15 and still find the medium big machines hot to handle (ex: the one you encounter at the dying lands level).  Bumped it back to easy for now.  

I played on Normal and I found the game is kind of easy with certain challenging sections. I don't remember dying lands being tough, is it where you have to kill Plowhorn? 

If you have explosive spike throwers, spam them to big machines, along with elemental Gauntlets! You gootta see its weakness first. 

If you are talking about crowd control, that's a real deal! In that case just moving all the time and since the game gives you abundant health, keep using them. There are basically unlimited amount of them. This is why I found the game to be on the easier side. 

Side note. Killing big machines is my favorite part in Horizon series! 

4 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Are you guys playing it on easy / normal ? I'm at level 15 and still find the medium big machines hot to handle (ex: the one you encounter at the dying lands level).  Bumped it back to easy for now.  

Playing on normal only . Didn't really face much trouble apart from few sections . Like Dante said use spike throwers on big machines they deal a lot of damage and remove parts . 

Also use weapons techniques like triple throw and ranged master valor surge when using hunter bow . And once you complete the Kulrut and then sea of Sands main mission - you can buy Very rare weapons which are amazing and make fights easier. 

Thanks guys, i was able to manage but yeah, the dying lands kinda proved to be a little difficult with that fire breathing machine. Spike thrower ammo needs that metal muscle or something which is kinda rare i think, but yeah, otherwise it's kinda op.  I used the machine parts valor to break down the parts of the big machine , ranged master duration is way too less for it to be effective especially if the machine keeps jumping around.  Maybe the higher levels are better.

Games like Horizon rewards exploration. If you rush through it, you will eventually find it tough. I played like an explorer, cleared every damn icon from the map before moving to the next area or story mission. By the last half of the game, I was OP. Only challenge i found was in the final boss fight. A tip, keep yourself well stocked with potions and bombs before you head on to that fight. I spent like an hour and died like a dozen times with main boss since I did not have enough potions. 

5 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Games like Horizon rewards exploration. If you rush through it, you will eventually find it tough. I played like an explorer, cleared every damn icon from the map before moving to the next area or story mission. By the last half of the game, I was OP. Only challenge i found was in the final boss fight. A tip, keep yourself well stocked with potions and bombs before you head on to that fight. I spent like an hour and died like a dozen times with main boss since I did not have enough potions. 

I'm exploring enough.  I'm still at the initial sections of the main quest as most of my time is spent in side activities.  Only reason i played the dying lands quest is i didn't want to be too op for the quest and i was done with most side activities in the areas opened up until then !

Also, being too op kinda takes the fun out of the quest.  I always try to play the quests at the recommended levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the main game and got platinum few days back. Absolutely amazing game. Now going for new game+ ultra hard . 

Only complaint i have is the upgrade system for Weapons/Outfits/pouch is very tedious and grindy. 

Especially Legendary weapons and outfits. You have to hunt almost 8/9 different machines for specific parts for each individual weapon/outfit. And on top of that you need almost 4-5k shards in total (for each weapon/outfit) alongwith 15 units of a very rare resource only found in Apex variants of machine's:angry: . Upgrading very rare weapons is less grindy but the perks in legendary weapons/outfits are mostly too good to ignore. 

Edited by Krazyniks

19 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Completed the main game and got platinum few days back. Absolutely amazing game. Now going for new game+ ultra hard . 

Only complaint i have is the upgrade system for Weapons/Outfits/pouch is very tedious and grindy. 

Especially Legendary weapons and outfits. You have to hunt almost 8/9 different machines for specific parts for each individual weapon/outfit. And on top of that you need almost 4-5k shards in total (for each weapon/outfit) alongwith 15 units of a very rare resource only found in Apex variants of machine's:angry: . Upgrading very rare weapons is less grindy but the perks in legendary weapons/outfits are mostly too good to ignore. 

Yet at the same time the game is never too difficult that you require these weapons. I personally didn't care upgrading more than 2 levels and yet I was over-powerful by the end. 

Outfits upgrade/changing outfits is confusing since there are too many factors that affect your defense and choosing the right one is always based in which elemental you want more defense with. I think it needs a more simpler approach for outfit upgrade. 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ne0 said:

I'm exploring enough.  I'm still at the initial sections of the main quest as most of my time is spent in side activities.  Only reason i played the dying lands quest is i didn't want to be too op for the quest and i was done with most side activities in the areas opened up until then !

Also, being too op kinda takes the fun out of the quest.  I always try to play the quests at the recommended levels.

Yes. Don't just doo side quests or you'll get bored quickly. Try switching and and take all side quests and do them when you are in the area. 

For me, if I like I am progressing faster in the story, I do a few side quests and if I feel like I am doing a lot of chores and hunting for upgrades, I just start the upcoming main mission. Keeps the fun! 

54 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yet at the same time the game is never too difficult that you require these weapons. I personally didn't care upgrading more than 2 levels and yet I was over-powerful by the end. 

Outfits upgrade/changing outfits is confusing since there are too many factors that affect your defense and choosing the right one is always based in which elemental you want more defense with. I think it needs a more simpler approach for outfit upgrade. 

Yeah you don't need them for Normal difficulty. I finished the game with 2/3 very rare and few rare weapons . Only upgraded 2 weapons to level 3. 

I am upgrading legendary weapons for Ultra hard play through. 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:03 PM, Snake said:

50 hrs plus in horizon and now where close to the area they showed in the state of play

Searched this thread to see if it was discussed here . 

Spoiler

No Rebel camp in SF and don't think there's any side quest like this where you save Erend . Also actual SF location also looks bit different than in the trailer .

Maybe it's part of DLC and last scene might be refrence to Nemesis ..

Edited by Krazyniks

3 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Searched this thread to see if it was discussed here . 

Hide contents

No Rebel camp in SF and don't think there's any side quest like this where you save Erend . Also actual SF location also looks bit different than in the trailer .

Maybe it's part of DLC and last scene might be refrence to Nemesis ..

This is a technical demo. However there might be a DLC coming up as there is an hidden area in the north where you cannot travel. Check YouTube. 

41 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

This is a technical demo. However there might be a DLC coming up as there is an hidden area in the north where you cannot travel. Check YouTube. 

Yeah it looks like a technical Demo only and not a part of DLC . Yeah saw that video on YouTube today. That definitely could be a part of DLC ..