What You Bought This Week - 2022 Edition

Ne0

Let's say if majority of one's wealth is tied up in assets - which aren't generating much income and few of those assets have liabilities attached to them - like loans. Also you won't sell your assets for your so called "expensive wants" (ones which make you look wealthy to others ) . Also total cost of your combined expensive wants is not even 2% of your wealth . 

But you aren't free to buy them as and when you want - because of liquidity and thinking. So yeah i wont really call such a person wealthy.  Even though he would look wealthy to many.

The above example is a real world example of many small/medium businessman( i know personally) who made good money in 1980/90/2000's and invested it in assets. But their current earnings don't allow them to live the kind of life they want . And these assets (which make you look wealthy) will just be passed on to the next generation who would go on to their build own life ( as one should) and probably won't use these assets for quite some time . 

So what's the point of this so called wealth ?

Edited by Krazyniks

33 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Let's say if majority of one's wealth is tied up in assets - which aren't generating much income and few of those assets have liabilities attached to them - like loans. Also you won't sell your assets for your so called "expensive wants" (ones which make you look wealthy to others ) . Also total cost of your combined expensive wants is not even 2% of your wealth . 

But you aren't free to buy them as and when you want - because of liquidity and thinking. So yeah i wont really call such a person wealthy.  Even though he would look wealthy to many.

The above example is a real world example of many small/medium businessman( i know personally) who made good money in 1980/90/2000's and invested it in assets. But their current earnings don't allow them to live the kind of life they want . And these assets (which make you look wealthy) will just be passed on to the next generation who would go on to their build own life ( as one should) and probably won't use these assets for quite some time . 

So what's the point of this so called wealth ?

But this is not a rich person. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:04 AM, dante77 said:

OLEDs, XM5s.... 

I always feel Gareeb in this thread :fear1:

Naah, you can share anything mate. People have shared comics and graphic novels also. As long as the purchase made you happy, share it. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Nice. that japanese SOTC+ICO SE looks epic as well.

Have you stopped looking for stuff locally? Most of your purchases seem to be from the UK. Are you charged customs?

Locally you dont get these easily. Most of the times i dont get customs as i ask to write lower value and choose economical shipping. But this time had to pay customs on sotc, seller shipped from fedex and didnt underwrite value.

1 minute ago, SpearHea:D said:

Locally you dont get these easily. Most of the times i dont get customs as i ask to write lower value and choose economical shipping. But this time had to pay customs on sotc, seller shipped from fedex and didnt underwrite value.

How low is the low value to skip customs?

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

How low is the low value to skip customs?

Nothing is for sure. They might even charge customs sometimes on 40$. Depends on city and courier service too.

Generally 50-60$ is good bet along with eco. Shipping. Once i didnt get customs on 90$ product.

Also underwriting is done by ebay sellers or local sellers only. Not by websites.

47 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Nothing is for sure. They might even charge customs sometimes on 40$. Depends on city and courier service too.

Generally 50-60$ is good bet along with eco. Shipping. Once i didnt get customs on 90$ product.

Also underwriting is done by ebay sellers or local sellers only. Not by websites.

How much were you charged as customs for SoTC

51 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

How long it takes to clear the customs if they undervalue? Do you just wait or you vist the Post Office? I have an item priced at Euro 150 which is at Bangalore customs for last 3 days.

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

How long it takes to clear the customs if they undervalue? Do you just wait or you vist the Post Office? I have an item priced at Euro 150 which is at Bangalore customs for last 3 days.

I wait for them to deliver. Usually takes 15-30 days to clear customs. Sometimes faster.

1 minute ago, SpearHea:D said:

I wait for them to deliver. Usually takes 15-30 days to clear customs. Sometimes faster.

Gotcha, Then I should stop checking the status update 5 times a day. Will just chill and check on next weekend whats up with it.:rofl:

On 8/24/2022 at 11:20 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

How do the XM5s sound ? I tried them for 10-15 mins, and the music sounded extremely artificial. Like the sharpness is boosted via processing. 

Compared the side by side to Bose 700, and the latter sounded a lot more natural.

Pairing with XM5 was a breeze, the Bose was a chore. 

Might be the setting you were on, it is pretty decent and natural but I am transitioning from xm4s so can't compare to Bose.