Gaming PCs

AtheK

If indeed it is one of the drives causing the issue. 
  1. Disconnect all drives except for the OS drive and check the usage.
  2. If it is the same it eliminates all other drives as the issue or if its not the same go to step 4
  3. Disconnect the OS drive and fresh install on another drive and check usage.
  4. Add each drive one at a time and check usage after each drive is connected.

Okay thanks for the tip.. Will try and update in here.. As of now copying d2 to another just to be sure.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Used the free version before fresh install no help..

I have multiple hdds and have tried to play from those all and still same issue

I think this is a miner issue.

miners are not techincally malware, no wonder AV searches don't pick them up.

Download WinDirStat, scan your drives one by one, and check if any of the drives have suspiciously large files or folders  that are unknown to you.

Miners seem to generate lots of big files, so this is one way to find out.

• 1 month later...

So I am upgrading my PC to a Ryzen based build and the only components that I will be retaining would be HDD and SSD. If that is the case before installing the new parts do I need to completely get rid of my mobo drivers or better yet do a complete format of my OS drive ? 

58 minutes ago, WR10 said:

So I am upgrading my PC to a Ryzen based build and the only components that I will be retaining would be HDD and SSD. If that is the case before installing the new parts do I need to completely get rid of my mobo drivers or better yet do a complete format of my OS drive ? 

Yes it is very much preferred to do a fresh installation of all drivers and OS too in case of a platform change..

2 hours ago, WR10 said:

It is advisable to do a complete format and re installation of OS.

Also, if you haven't purchased your parts, let us know and we can surely help you with some upgrades! 

56 minutes ago, Walker said:

From my limited understanding might me a Ram/Proccy/MB issue. Try without the HDD if you can get into the BIOS with no issues. 

thanks

its working for now dont know will it run for a long run

its a nightmare for me

this is 6600k with asrock z170m

should i change mobo to which one  or switch to ryzen

Hard to say man. If you're thinking of an full 'upgrade then waiting for the next gen of Ryzen seems like a no brainer.

If not might as well isolate the issue first instead of just changing the MB outright but a similar spec board should be fine if you do decide.

10 minutes ago, Walker said:

Hard to say man. If you're thinking of an full 'upgrade then waiting for the next gen of Ryzen seems like a no brainer.

If not might as well isolate the issue first instead of just changing the MB outright but a similar spec board should be fine if you do decide.

suffered enough with mobo time 2 ditch

similar spec not available online

i dont know wat to do

i was thinking of asus but prices sky high

can i able to  use this cpu on h or b mobo ?

On 9/3/2020 at 4:01 AM, sobbii said:

Formated every drive on pc and reinstalled os on another ssd..

Redownloading d2 now will update how it went.

how did it go? I'm kinda facing same issues with my CPU hitting 100%. Let me know if reinstalling solved the issue. 

how did it go? I'm kinda facing same issues with my CPU hitting 100%. Let me know if reinstalling solved the issue. 
It did solve it to an extent.. But in couple weeks I got a new cpu..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

guys what kind of cpu+mobo+ram setup do  you recommend to pair up with my existing gigabyte aorus gtx 1060 6gb, targeting 1080p 60 fps high settings in most of the game. 

Right now i am on intel i5 3470+16gb ram

11 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

guys what kind of cpu+mobo+ram setup do  you recommend to pair up with my existing gigabyte aorus gtx 1060 6gb, targeting 1080p 60 fps high settings in most of the game. 

Budget?

Ideally :

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI Tomahawk Max B450 motherboard

2x8gb Gskill RAM

17k + 12k  + 8k = 37k

Can know some things down if out of budget

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

What @dylanjoshsuggested is a very good setup, but 3600 is overpriced at a level you can call it a scam

I'll list starting from the best for that requirement

For 1080p 60FPS High:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600, Ryzen 3 3300X, Ryzen 5 3500, Ryzen 3 3100
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro/ Asrock B450 Pro4
RAM: 8x2GB 3200mhz RAM

I doubt if that 1060 can handle new AAA games. Your PC could get a sweet upgrade :thumbsup:

Edited by Cryptic_8