Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

But the "style" part was pretty awesome. As a montage of ridiculously-themed action sequences it works well. Besides the story isn't all that bad. The main reason it got bad press was some feminist journalists thought it "fetishized" the women and the violence.

The trailers made it clear that it was going to be a love or hate it type of a thing. I personally knew there was no way you could put a credible story and performances around what we saw in those trailers.

I agree its a love it or hate it kind of thing. I agree the action scenes are stylish and very well done. Certainly can't take that away from him.

The trailers made it clear that it was going to be a love or hate it type of a thing. I personally knew there was no way you could put a credible story and performances around what we saw in those trailers.

I know what you mean, but just because the trailers make it clear that there's very little story, it doesn't excuse it. The movie still open to criticism. If there's anything that the new class of superhero directors (Nolan, Raimi, Matthew Vaughn, Bryan Singer) have proved is that you don't have to sacrifice style for story. But David Goyers presense has got me hopeful.

On a slight change of note - I really hope they do something about Superman / Clark Kent. I love Superman, but if there was one thing that always has me cringing about him is how he can just put on glasses, change his hairstyle and nobody recognizes him. I hope that they change that somehow.

Edited by Bagpipes

Ok, we already praised Nolan a lot. We gotta appreciate Hans Zimmer too, that guy handled the music department perfectly, its easy for someone to say the trilogy would be same but for me it wouldn't be as EPIC without Hans Zimmer. Soundtrack matters A LOT. When batman first appeard in the screen (in TDKR), it was backed up so well by the soundtrack that I literally got goosebumps, even though it was same as TDK OST (the best from TDK). Hanz Zimmer :majesty: you are the BEST :majesty: I wish he used 'A fire will rise' OST in the third movie for at least once, it was just in trailers :(

Edited by dante77

But Snyder also did Watchmen and I think it was a very good adaptation (especially the Director's Cut). Considering the graphic novel is huge and was considered to be unfilmable.

As for Superman's disguise, I kinda buy it but I think Lois dumb (at least before she knew his identity). We know Superman is Clark Kent but in a city with millions of people I don't think anyone would realize that. Clark Kent is an ordinary guy. Only people close to Superman and Kent both would see the similarity. And there aren't many people who are.

About Superman/Clark Kent thing, I am sure I remember that Superman always makes sure that no one takes his photo up close.

Also, I liked Sucker Punch and absolutely loved Watchmen. The action sequences in both the movies were just awesome, especially Watchmen. Man of Steel is going to be awesome, as the villain is Zod. So get ready for epic in flight action with building getting destroyed, not like goons shooting bullets in Superman's eyes or kryptonite bullets.

About Superman/Clark Kent thing, I am sure I remember that Superman always makes sure that no one takes his photo up close.

No entirely true. He only trust's Jimmy Olsen to take his pictures though.

72938633.jpg

I watched Sucker Punch for the set pieces, action and the girls.

Emily Browning,Vanessa Hudgens,Jamie Chung and Carla Gugino

KAfdF.jpg

To sir Christopher Nolan,I salute Thee

Big-Boss-Salute.jpg

A hero's farewell in style indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::gunsmilie:

it is Omg/10.

Chris nolan,Jonathan Hans zimmer have made an amazing film and amazing trilogy.Incomplete without the other a masterpiece film and trilogy.

Only complains that i found were that 1st part of 2nd half was not up-to Nolan standards and bane sounded funny at times ,but everything else makeups for it.

PS: would have loved darth vader type for him.

even if you are a die hard superman fan, you gotta admit that superman has the worst disguise EVER! just big glasses and a little change to hair and no one recognises him.

Yup. Agreed.

Just remembered He Man. He takes the crown for Worst Disguise EVER.

Edited by The_Rock