Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

The Shining, what a f**king borefest it was. A very stupid movie with idiotic settings. Wasted 2 hours of my life. Lame, just lame. How can someone like this movie? it got 8.5 on imdb :thumbsup: I watched it coz I heard a lot about this movie and someone mentioned that it is a little like 1408. I loved 1408 but this one seriously sux. Also, it is tagged as horror movie :)

:samui:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE????

percy jackson - its ok .worth a 1 time watch. if u like greek mythology go see it!!

the book on the other hand is surprisingly good. i just checked out the first half - they've killed one of the best sequences of the book.

watched the lightning thief....

was okay....a little good..one time watch......

love greek mythos......hence enjoyed a lot ...........

though the part before the interval was better.....

the book on the other hand is surprisingly good. i just checked out the first half - they've killed one of the best sequences of the book.

they could hav easily made this movie as grand as ne lord of the rings movie. the movie had a lot of potential but its marred by stupid dialogues n mistakes !!!!

I watched 'Black Dynamite' yesterday and didn't find it all that great. I was expecting a lot also reading the various reviews and the feedback of other IVG members but then I was quite disappointed.

What didnt u like abt it??

Never judge a book by its movie. - J. W. Eagan

:doh:

the only movie i ever felt came a lil close to its book is the bourne Identity, the adaptation was pretty minimalistic.

the sequels, though good moies , vrnt anywhr close to their resp. books

Edited by ThE JuGgErNaUT

What didnt u like abt it??

Well although I loved the way the film was presented (it actually looked and felt like a 1970s movie), I thought that the movie took quite some time to pick up (like 30-40 minutes) and IMO the movie could have been a bit shorter.

The Shining, what a f**king borefest it was. A very stupid movie with idiotic settings. Wasted 2 hours of my life. Lame, just lame. How can someone like this movie? it got 8.5 on imdb :doh: I watched it coz I heard a lot about this movie and someone mentioned that it is a little like 1408. I loved 1408 but this one seriously sux. Also, it is tagged as horror movie :roflroll:

You liked 1408 but didnt like The Shining :\ Wtf is all I can say.

they could hav easily made this movie as grand as ne lord of the rings movie. the movie had a lot of potential but its marred by stupid dialogues n mistakes !!!!

the biggest mistake was making percy into a teenager - he's supposed to be 12! two reasons to watch this movie - special fx and refresher course on greek mythology before gow3

Never judge a book by its movie. - J. W. Eagan

:doh:

the only movie i ever felt came a lil close to its book is the bourne Identity, the adaptation was pretty minimalistic.

the sequels, though good moies , vrnt anywhr close to their resp. books

God no - it was absolute rubbish as an adaptation. It was a good action movie but took like 3% of the book. 3 Idiots copied more from 5.some1 than bourne identity.