The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

13 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

The engineer peeled off one plastic film but is there another one?? 

There's one on the back which my Indian wife doesn't want to remove. 

I discovered that back one after 1.5 years of owning the TV, when @Karooo mentioned it in a post :lol:

Delayed orgasm.

Edited by quixote_1989

1 minute ago, adity said:

Remove all plastic film. It heats up the TV and can cause damage in long run. 

Peeche wala I'll remove. But is there a 2nd film on the screen? Apart from the one that comes with the peel off stickers on the corners? 

When I look closely I feel there is going by the texture, but cannot quite spot a place where the film ends if it really is there. 

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Peeche wala I'll remove. But is there a 2nd film on the screen? Apart from the one that comes with the peel off stickers on the corners? 

When I look closely I feel there is going by the texture, but cannot quite spot a place where the film ends if it really is there. 

Ya i also have a film on Screen on my TV. I will remove it if it heats up the TV.

I noticed a few dust spots on TV,colin spray will work kya?

6 minutes ago, hope said:

Ya i also have a film on Screen on my TV. I will remove it if it heats up the TV.

I noticed a few dust spots on TV,colin spray will work kya?

Hell no. Pls no Colin or Mr muscle. 

Just use a nice micro fiber. Splash a few drops of water on the cloth and wipe the screen. 

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B082GC5NN1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_1P1YG61ZBEXFQEZKK4PZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

https://www.mi.com/in/buy/product/mi-qled-tv-4k

This TV supports HDMI 2.1 ? :surprise:

If these brands keep coming with such cheap options it is great for us customers in the end - will only force the bigger brands to lower their prices (which I have seen happening in the past 3-4 years).

I think it's a 2.1 port, but won't support all 2.1 features. Be very careful because a lot of manufacturers will try to get away on technicalities.

I just looked at the product page and didn't notice anything about 120Hz, for example.

The HDMI 2.1 "feature" is the new "HDR" which was quite prevalent in the sasti 2017-2019 (and on-going) TVs.

The peak brightness level is nowhere close to being the number of nits required for a proper HDR playback, but all of a sudden, the marketing buzzword of HDR was all over the place.

I have one of these sasti iFfalcon TVs (yes, I'm poor), and the PQ is significantly better with HDR turned 'off' than 'on'.

Edit: BTW @Jigsaw:

oscars 2016 congratulations GIF by The Academy Awards

Edited by VelivolusDas
Wishes for Unkeel

5 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

The HDMI 2.1 "feature" is the new "HDR" which was quite prevalent in the sasti 2017-2019 (and on-going) TVs.

The peak brightness level is nowhere close to being the number of nits required for a proper HDR playback, but all of a sudden, the marketing buzzword of HDR was all over the place.

I have one of these sasti iFfalcon TVs (yes, I'm poor), and the PQ is significantly better with HDR turned 'off' than 'on'.

Edit: BTW @Jigsaw:

Thanks bro. And totally agree with you on the cheapo 2.1 gimmick 

6 hours ago, SuperT said:

It seems LG won't bring in 2021 TVs in India before October. Apprently a lot of inventory piled up due to the pandemic.

My guess is, after price normalisation CX 48 will be closely priced with CX 55, maybe 20-22k difference.

It seems LG won't bring in 2021 TVs in India before October. Apprently a lot of inventory piled up due to the pandemic.

My guess is, after price normalisation CX 48 will be closely priced with CX 55, maybe 20-22k difference.
The newer models should arrive in India by July/Aug. That is usually what happens every year.

6 minutes ago, SuperT said:
50 minutes ago, Aercy said:

The newer models should arrive in India by July/Aug. That is usually what happens every year.

Then why release CX 48 now .... 4-5 months before new line-up?

This is just one old model that they are releasing pretty late here. I don't think this will hold them back from releasing so many new models and so many different sizes. Maybe the smaller sizes will again not be released this year but all we can do is wait and watch.

10 hours ago, SuperT said:
20 hours ago, Aercy said:

This is just one old model that they are releasing pretty late here. I don't think this will hold them back from releasing so many new models and so many different sizes. Maybe the smaller sizes will again not be released this year but all we can do is wait and watch.

What are you currently using or planning for?

I have a Sony x95g but want to upgrade to an OLED and HDMI2.1. Also I want to start gaming in my room instead of the hall so I want a smaller size 48inches would be awesome. Just waiting for diwali I hope by that time it will be easily available at good prices.

• Like 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread