The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 1/23/2024 at 12:51 PM, AnK said:

Facing a weird problem.

My JBL BT460 which has worked perfectly fine with my Samsung,Toshiba,IPhones is having a lot of audio lag/cut out trouble with LG.

It’s works fine a lot of times but when audio starts to lag it is continuously unbearable.

I’m not that far away from my TV just about >15ft.

Googled it & a lot of ppl facing these issues specifically with LG OLEDs.

I have experienced similar issues om my lg tvs too, while using bt headset. Oled and led. 

Edited by playstationdude

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I have experienced similar issues om my lg tvs too, while using bt headset. Oled and led. 

Yeah I guess the range is piss poor.

LG definitely dropped the ball on this one.

On an otherwise perfect offering. 

Also noticed that the TV is taking 2.4ghz WiFi signal from my WiFi mesh by default & no way to ask it to prefer 5ghz.

Not really an issue coz it’s good enough for streaming but it’s right besides the satellite & still opting for lower bandwidth.

6 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Guys need suggestions - need 65 inch tv for main hall.

Budget 70/90k. Family insists on Sony/Samsung/LG only. Also TV won't be used for gaming - OTT and DTH only.

Bought a 65” LG QNED81 Mini LED for 98k/- for my dad recently from the same Vijay Sales link. 

It also has HDMI 2.1 4k 120hz VRR FreeySync Features just in case someone decides to do gaming with it in the future.

It’s good enough for the price I guess.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Bought a 65” LG QNED81 Mini LED for 98k/- for my dad recently from the same Vijay Sales link. 

It also has HDMI 2.1 4k 120hz VRR FreeySync Features just in case someone decides to do gaming with it in the future.

Thanks will check what offer I get here.

No Vijay sales store here in my city Indore though. And we're buying it as a gift for my mom n dad's anniversary - need to buy locally only. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:54 PM, AnK said:

Thanks. Got the same TV for 1.08k (after cashback ) with 2 year extended warranty so total 3 years warranty for 1.08L from Croma .

They weren't going below 1.02 without extended warranty and it wasn't available anywhere else in my city . So decided to go with extended warranty. 

I did look at Sony X82L (LED)  and Samsung Q60c (Qled) in similar range. Samsung TV had the best PQ of all 3. But was only slightly better than the LG one so decided to buy LG QNED as it can be used for gaming in future as well. 

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sadge said:

Getting a quote of 1.06L for C2X 55 inch with 3 years warranty. Is this a good buy?

If it's brand new i.e. not open boxed/demo unit. I think it's a decent price and you should get it. Probably push it closer to 1L.

55C3 goes for 1.2-1.3 during sales.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If it's brand new i.e. not open boxed/demo unit. I think it's a decent price and you should get it. Probably push it closer to 1L.

55C3 goes for 1.2-1.3 during sales.

Brand new. This is with 6-months debit card EMI (CD). He says it’s no cost emi and showed me the offer numbers. (ICICI). I’ve never taken loans like this before - he said something about consumer durable loan (interest given as discount). Was a little skeptical so decided to give it one more day.

20% off on extra 2 year warranty which comes to around 15k. I don’t know of the extra 2 yr is worth it. Told me the panel alone costs almost 80k.

That said currently they have clearance sale of demo units. So I made sure it is new and recent manufactured.

Asked about 55C3 and Reliance Digital said no stock in showroom. Price is definitely not 1.2-1.3L right now.

Edited by sadge

10 minutes ago, sadge said:

Brand new. This is with 6-months debit card EMI (CD). He says it’s no cost emi and showed me the offer numbers. (ICICI). I’ve never taken loans like this before - he said something about consumer durable loan (interest given as discount). Was a little skeptical so decided to give it one more day.

20% off on extra 2 year warranty which comes to around 15k. I don’t know of the extra 2 yr is worth it. Told me the panel alone costs almost 80k.

That said currently they have clearance sale of demo units. So I made sure it is new and recent manufactured.

Asked about 55C3 and Reliance Digital said no stock in showroom. Price is definitely not 1.2-1.3L right now.

Are Croma having a demo clearance sale? And are the prices good for demo units?

32 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Are Croma having a demo clearance sale? And are the prices good for demo units?

Not Croma. Reliance Digital. 

price is okay for demo units. I was only looking at OLED tvs. It’s a strict no for me since they would have left the TV on with some static wallpaper most of the time.

1 hour ago, sadge said:

That Debit card thing is normal. Will show as a consumer loan on your CIBIL, nothing wrong in that. Might bump your score actually.

Take the warranty.

Currently 55C3 is going for 1.6L on website, locally you can get it for 1.4L, just like C2 is going for 1.28L online.

During Diwali/Dussehra, C3 went for 1.2L

• Thanks 1

I have heard that C3 is a lot more brighter & colourful while in Game Optimiser Mode & ALLM.

Can’t say for sure but if true then it is definitely worth those extra 15-20k for us gamers.

C4 is rumoured to be aiming 144hz over 120hz which is basically useless for us Console gamers.