The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

@dante77[mention=22681]VamosReva[/mention][mention=185]Nathan[/mention].Drake guys How's your experience with Bluetooth connection on frame?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I tried after you said you are facing problems and my bluetooth earphones are working perfectly fine. Using Realme wireless buds.

Correct, don't check online for things like OLED.. go to a local store.. give them confidence that you need it right now and they will come to your price.. There is a C9 for 1.5L on LG official website, so it could be a brand new one..

image.png

but go to an LG shoppe or something and see if they can get you this.. C9s can be negotiated even more if they have a box piece..

People are getting 1.25L quotes for CX. Did you even visit any showroom? If you're thinking online prices will drop, you won't get anything. 
Which offline showrooms are quoting 1.25L I'll go and check the corona situation in our vicinity has not faded much so stuck with many things moving stuff from the room making a table for the TV, also can a regular below 10k table be able to bear the weight of LG CX 48 or 55 inch or sony X90H ?

I use a 4k table made from wood a bit better than the PC tables for that price but it is small so I'll be making a new table from such material only so wanted some feedback on it

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Just now, adity said:

C9s are demo pieces everywhere. I personally won't risk it at this point. Many people have had issues with it recently. 

Yeah that's what I thought too but someone selling directly from LG might be a new one.. Definitely no one should buy it for more than 1L at this point..

Even the new version of Nokia does not have 5Ghz so 4k streaming might me a problem!

So which tv is good for media streaming 4K or otherwise. And has android OS? Should I go for Sony? X7002 series? 43”?

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Which offline showrooms are quoting 1.25L I'll go and check the corona situation in our vicinity has not faded much so stuck with many things moving stuff from the room making a table for the TV, also can a regular below 10k table be able to bear the weight of LG CX 48 or 55 inch or sony X90H ?

I use a 4k table made from wood a bit better than the PC tables for that price but it is small so I'll be making a new table from such material only so wanted some feedback on it

I have my C9 on a 4.5k table from Amazon for 1 year now, no issues whatsoever.

As for showrooms, most Croma, RD etc. outlets should be on par price wise. As suggested above, you have to make them believe that you are serious about buying on the spot, and not just there to browse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Root said:

@dante77@VamosReva@Nathan.Drake guys How's your experience with Bluetooth connection on frame?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's Fantastic. 

I connected my Sony XM3 NC headphones and sound output and connection stability are brilliant. 

I guess the interference is specific to your earbuds. Try paring some other headphones to see if the issue exists. 

Edited by VamosReva
spelling

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

No price drop on LG CX nor Sony X90H any idea when will they fall ?

X90H won't see a price drop at least for the next 6 months, since it's a new model. 

For LG OLEDs, there's no hope until some OLED competitors come to India. 

Edited by VamosReva
spelling

10 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

X90H won't see a price drop at least for the next 6 months, since it's a new model. 

For LG OLEDs, there's no hope until some OLED competitors come to India. 

OLED competitors ? LG Display are the only manufacturers of TV OLED panels. You do have competition between LG, Panasonic and Sony on their OLED TVs (all using LGD panels though). 

Hisense recently launched their OLED TVs in China, though it's not clear if they're using LGD panel or are manufacturing on their own. At the start of this year, they announced ditching their OLED journey and focussing on ULED. LG has also sued them for copyright infringement. 

Should i consider buying this soundbar ? It's Ac not eArc idk what the difference is frankly i won't be using it on high volume anyway, just low volume around 20-30% for gaming and TV, and most likely will connect it to the TV with optical or aux cable, is there a major difference between this and eArc based soundbars, what will i miss out on. I need a dedicated sound system as i once said some dialogs in games happen in different channels and i miss out on them due to TV Speakers. And is the current price ideal or can it fall ? It's 80 UK pouds, so FK are overpricing it with the Rs16k tag and sale price Rs.6k

https://www.flipkart.com/creative-stage-160-w-bluetooth-soundbar/p/itmb15afc83ae7b2?pid=ACCFF82GZRGBKGGH&lid=LSTACCFF82GZRGBKGGHJBMM0I&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=s_1_6&otracker=AS_QueryStore_OrganicAutoSuggest_1_4_na_na_na&otracker1=AS_QueryStore_OrganicAutoSuggest_1_4_na_na_na&fm=SEARCH&iid=d39879b9-704d-4a06-b662-e8f4a1259244.ACCFF82GZRGBKGGH.SEARCH&ppt=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=87uwhh1p5jpzq1a81603047217488&qH=7006f62c972c054a

On 10/12/2020 at 9:16 PM, ayush12ice said:

Any suggestions for a decent 32" TV? 

Idk if you made the purchase but this is the only good 1080p full HD TV in india right now, 4k cheap in sale from normal online price

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-inches-Smart-KLV-32W672G/dp/B07QB77C92/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=sony+w672&qid=1603051224&sr=8-2

On 10/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, VamosReva said:

I received my Samsung Frame 55 inch today.

Unboxed and installed it all by myself without waiting for the installation guys coz I couldn't hold my horses. 

Fairly easy to install if you want to put it on table top. Make sure you have one more person to help lift the TV. 

Initial thoughts:

Mind blowing. I upgraded from an LG IPS LED panel, so a VA QLED finally feels so much superior due to the rich contrast and deep blacks. The 120 Hz panel is just magical and handles motion so well. Completely eliminates judder in Blu Ray movies running at 24 fps. 

Unfortunately, I sold my PS4 very recently so can't play any HDR games until I get the PS5. But I hooked up my OG Xbox One and everything looks amazing through 1080p input. 

HDR 4K content from Netflix looks amazing, although keep in mind that HDR is desirable only in dark rooms, as mentioned by rtings.com... Now I finally know. 

In dark rooms, this TV is just unstoppable. 

In bright environments, you may feel like turning up the brightness. 

Don't really care about the Art mode, but nice to have that option.

One youtube channel says frame 2020 wobbles on table top as it's feet are so weird, can you confirm this, this tv is also on my radar and my choice of placement is a table. I don't want it to fall with a single push

Edited by NitroNeo

28 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I can use a soundbar suggestion too. Somebody mentioned a 2.1 from edifier/swans instead, can someone recommend one? Not too clunky or big or too many wires please. And not overly expensive.

The one i posted seems right up your alley, i too love creative, i used Creative sbs 550 on my old PC and those were amazing, then i was recommended logitech Z something my current ones, but the quality isn't that great.

So if earc is not that important then we could go for this, does anyone have an idea what Earc does anyway, audio is not my department, i have no idea apart from sennhizers are my goto,

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread