The Travel Thread

MAK

20 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Japan is budget friendly? :scratchchin:

It sort of is as long you find a cheap place to stay and use the train to travel. Cost us around $1300 for 9 days. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

It gets super expensive if you don't find a place to stay or be lazy while travelling. You have to be super fast while going there, at least as a tourist.

JR pass cost around $250 for a week while Willer Express bus pass will cost $88 for 3 days but it is slow. This pretty much covers your travelling.

Local food is surprisingly cheap and cooking dinner by yourself is a good option too. Our goal was to cover as much ground as possible. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, I came back to India today on Jet Airways. It was a code share flight.

From Athens to Abu Dhabi in Etihad Airways. And then from Abu Dhabi to New Delhi in Jet Airways.

They seem to have misplaced my check-in luggage. Most likely it did not make it on the transit and got left back in Abu Dhabi.

Would i be entitled to any sort of compensation?

I do have a travel insurance from HDFC Ergo, but i think it applies only overseas and not back in India. I am not sure about it.

This is the first time, my bags have been misplaced, so completely clueless and confused.

Hi guys, I came back to India today on Jet Airways. It was a code share flight.
From Athens to Abu Dhabi in Etihad Airways. And then from Abu Dhabi to New Delhi in Jet Airways.
They seem to have misplaced my check-in luggage. Most likely it did not make it on the transit and got left back in Abu Dhabi.

Would i be entitled to any sort of compensation?

I do have a travel insurance from HDFC Ergo, but i think it applies only overseas and not back in India. I am not sure about it.

This is the first time, my bags have been misplaced, so completely clueless and confused.

Most probs the luggage will show up in a day or day.. save your tags.. hope you still have em..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, adity said:

Was there anything valuable in the luggage?

If so, and the travel insurance doesn't work out, then you are pretty f**ked. The laws limit the liability of airlines to a great extent. I think they pay you by the kilo. Also, maximum if fixed around 80k or so. 

Yes, there was a lot of stuff. Ps4 pro most important. :P

12 hours ago, sobbii said:

Most probs the luggage will show up in a day or day.. save your tags.. hope you still have em..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It showed up in the night. hehe

17 hours ago, AtheK said:

If you have travel insurance, you can claim it. It does not matter where you took insurance it will be covered. 

The travel insurance does not cover baggage delays at all if you are coming back to India...

Anyways, both my suitcases got delivered in the night... The hard case one seems to be a little banged up. But, everything inside made it perfectly. Nothing moved an inch inside the bags... So, All is good in the world now... :)

Thanks all 3 of you!

3 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Can we get perfumes in hand baggage while comimg back to India?

No, only the one bought from duty free shop and that too generally sealed. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am back....B)

what a beautiful country ,Switzerland..both  naturally gifted and so much creativity among population.....wall arts, beautiful gardens, farms, sculptors .....its like human and nature complementing each other perfectly ....

...yes but quite an expensive place no doubt.....statistics are true....:P

3 hours ago, playstation said:

I am back....B)

what a beautiful country ,Switzerland..both  naturally gifted and so much creativity among population.....wall arts, beautiful gardens, farms, sculptors .....its like human and nature complementing each other perfectly ....

Nice. Gori mem patai ki nhi koi :P

3 hours ago, playstation said:

I am back....B)

Great to hear..Do post some pics if possible..

6 hours ago, hope said:

Nice. Gori mem patai ki nhi koi :P

Apna dil Indian pe aya hua hai....east or west India is the best girls ke mamle mein..... kya kare Aakhir dil hai hindustani ....kahi aur ki jamti hi nahi....ha lekin saalo ke gaadiyon pe dil agaya.... bc...Alfa Romeos....Mustangs...Lamborghini...Compact cars....e cars ....e bikes.....e scooters ....even a f**king skateboard they had were customized .....sach mein yaar...every 2 mins you see a top model cars there on the road and so respecteful towards pedestrians... they will stop the car even if they have green light till we cross the road ...I was  .... i could not believe it for first few days.... 

6 hours ago, funnyadit said:

Great to hear..Do post some pics if possible..

Sure will do so. 

2 hours ago, waveking said:

Planning a trip to Kasol and the surrounding area in September. Any advice/tips welcome. Would be there for around 7-10 days. 

will you be going for hiking also?....can ask a friend who knows a lot about that area? even all that we*d stuff you get there ... :P 

Also some nice places not far from there...Dharamsala being one...Bir also is close not far....

@waveking- Hey bro...i tried to get in touch with that friend but i think he must also be travelling to remote places...any ways Here is something he had told me earlier ....He said from Kasol you can go to Tosh ....beautiful village to stay ...they have homestays there.....you also get find quality w**d at this village specially ones from Malana are very good....

Also there are small and big treks you can take from kasol or Tosh  which local people can guide you better but Kheer ganga trek is very famous and beautiful. 

If i find more info or manage to get in touch i will let you know. 

You will get lot of info on internet itself these days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So im planning a business trip to Gujarat (mainly Rajkot and Jamnagar) from Kolkata. Travelling with a friend and the trip needs to be economical. Date will be around end of September for a week. So how do i go around booking flights/ trains and stuff? Planning to go there via flight and return via train. 

Im not much of a traveller and this will be my first flight journey so a total noob. :pulpfiction:

PS: If anyone is from Gujarat kindly hit me a PM. 

Head over to Google Flights

Select round trip

Enter from and to destination

Select your date

Sort if you want

After this, Google will automatically show what flights are available. From there you can select your flight and it'll take you to the official site where you can book.