Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MAK

The Travel Thread

Recommended Posts

going Goa for trip with friends(in  a car), one week, gimme some headsup baby

like, which club to go to, where can we avail some goodies (everything :puspa: )

watersports will be done in Tarkarli, Goa will be full out booze n other stuff, so kindly advice B) (pm me the details if need be :cheers: )

ty in advance, will begin trip 2mrrw morning 5am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The previous thread seems to be deleted so starting this. 

 

I have wanted to visit North East India since quite some time so booked tickets for shillong. But I don't actually know jack about the place. If anyone has been there, then please help with the itinerary, what to visit, where to stay, etc. 

I thought I'll just wing it but seems kinda intimidating when I actually sat to think about it. 

I'm there from 13 Sep evening to 21 Sep afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is your first time travelling without a plan, which it seems to be by your text, let the intimidation pass by. Some of my fondest travel memories have been because I ignored the itch to plan and just.. went. 

Reach, walk around, talk to people, locals, travellers, figure out where you want to be based on how you're feeling at that time, and day. Because no matter what, even if you end up "missing" the must-sees and must do's, your trip would be incredible fun, memorable, and very, extremely personal. 

 

Also, NE is beautiful and very charming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adity said:

The previous thread seems to be deleted so starting this. 

  

 I have wanted to visit North East India since quite some time so booked tickets for shillong. But I don't actually know jack about the place. If anyone has been there, then please help with the itinerary, what to visit, where to stay, etc. 

 I thought I'll just wing it but seems kinda intimidating when I actually sat to think about it. 

I'm there from 13 Sep evening to 21 Sep afternoon. 

 

No worries mate. Its still India. 

Shillong in itself is good for 2 - 3 days max. Lakes, waterfalls etc. Very Cheap booze :D

You could then head to Meghalaya -  Cherapunjee and around. If you feel adventurous, there are cave tours in Meghalaya. Find a right tour company for this.

If not so, the roots bridges and Dawki river will be quite a ride. Lot of waterfalls around. Transport is an issue. Local buses and shared taxis are there. 

Start researching. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone shed some light on Dubai visa processing? I am planning to go in the first week of October with family for about 5 days.

So, how soon should I apply for a visa? And who is the best vendor for it (online)? 

 

P.S: I already have the to(Emirates) and fro(Indigo) flight tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Can someone shed some light on Dubai visa processing? I am planning to go in the first week of October with family for about 5 days.

So, how soon should I apply for a visa? And who is the best vendor for it (online)? 

 

P.S: I already have the to(Emirates) and fro(Indigo) flight tickets.

Go on Emirates website and manage your booking. Apply for visa.

You will be redirected to VFS website where you can complete the form and get details.

You can apply right now.

 

If you have a valid US visa then you can get visa on arrival.

 

Edited by kunjanp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Go on Emirates website and manage your booking. Apply for visa.

You will be redirected to VFS website where you can complete the form and get details.

You can apply right now.

 

If you have a valid US visa then you can get visa on arrival.

 

Thanks will check VFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, kunjanp said:

Go on Emirates website and manage your booking. Apply for visa.

You will be redirected to VFS website where you can complete the form and get details.

You can apply right now.

 

If you have a valid US visa then you can get visa on arrival.

 

For me I had a booking on indigo they did the processing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UAE has multiple visa processors. Emirates has a tie with VFS and in my opinion it's the best.
Why do you say so, I had 0 issues with indigo and it came in a day or two. Whatever is the easiest is what consider the best

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Why do you say so, I had 0 issues with indigo and it came in a day or two. Whatever is the easiest is what consider the best emoji14.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 

Emirates is exclusive with VFS.

Plus, VFS is the sole processor for many other countries, so you don't have to make multiple accounts and go through the initial verifications again. So, just convenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Emirates is exclusive with VFS.

Plus, VFS is the sole processor for many other countries, so you don't have to make multiple accounts and go through the initial verifications again. So, just convenience.

I did not have to make any account with indigo so there you go, and just for information registrations in VFS to schedule appointments get deleted after 30 days of inactivity :lol:

 

Anyway point is to get visa with least steps.. 

Edited by AtheK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AtheK said:

I did not have to make any account with indigo so there you go, and just for information registrations in VFS to schedule appointments get deleted after 30 days of inactivity :lol:

 

Anyway point is to get visa with least steps.. 

I only have a return flight with Indigo, will I still be able to get a visa by going through Indigo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I only have a return flight with Indigo, will I still be able to get a visa by going through Indigo?
Check with them, or as kunjanp said check with Emirates, more or less process will be same. You don't go anywhere, it's all online.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AtheK said:

I did not have to make any account with indigo so there you go, and just for information registrations in VFS to schedule appointments get deleted after 30 days of inactivity :lol:

 

Anyway point is to get visa with least steps.. 

Lol, my last msg wasn't clear.

There isn't an account per se. 

UK and Canada visa applications go through VFS only and when I applied for Dubai there wasn't any need to even give any particulars except my itinerary, rest was already filled in.

 

Plus, you go through VFS enough times and you can get express processing for free. Although this seems random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...