Aftrunner

Cyberpunk 2077

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

So guys on which platform you guys will play Cyberpunk?  PC or console? 

Or 

Next gen consoles? :naughty:.

Im getting on One X.

Will wait for PS5 to play this one 

it’s too loaded for current gen

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

If this comes on XGP then One X.

If not then whichever next gen system I can get first in India. 

Naa not happening at launch.  

PS5 will be first system here. 99% sure 

trailers are slick, I'm liking the FP view now, although i still hope they add a TP view in the next gen version.  Also, why are ppl having doubts of playing this on current gen, if my base ps4 can handle games like rdr 2 , I'm sure it can handle this.  Atleast from whatever they've shown in trailers, the game doesn't look as demanding as rdr 2 (and rdr 2 had extra tp animations to add) !

PS: Also, just went back to the first page and damn, the game was announced in 2012 , that's like 8 years of development :O

Edited by Ne0

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

trailers are slick, I'm liking the FP view now, although i still hope they add a TP view in the next gen version.  Also, why are ppl having doubts of playing this on current gen, if my base ps4 can handle games like rdr 2 , I'm sure it can handle this.  Atleast from whatever they've shown in trailers, the game doesn't look as demanding as rdr 2 (and rdr 2 had extra tp animations to add) !

PS: Also, just went back to the first page and damn, the game was announced in 2012 , that's like 8 years of development :O

It was only a hype trailer for getting investment and talent or whatever. Its probably been in proper development after Witcher 3 dlc were finished. 

17 hours ago, Ne0 said:

AAA games takes time to develop. Shocking 

yep, can't believe we didn't get a new GTA in all of PS4 generation , just one AAA from R* - RDR 2 :-/
And we got 3 in PS2 generation which were arguably better than GTA 5.

Moral of the story, R* don't give a sh*t about anyone except whales buying GTA Online currency.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

yep, can't believe we didn't get a new GTA in all of PS4 generation , just one AAA from R* - RDR 2 :-/

Take Two Suit : "Sorry!? what were you saying? "

TTS : "GTA ??? is that what you said!?!?!"

TTS: "Sorry , can't hear you over this cha-ching from all the GTAO shark card dollars we're making "

From what I've read, game dev is hard work, not to mention relatively poorly paid and unreliable compared to other software dev fields.  So unless you're truly passionate about it and willing to put in your blood and tears into it, very difficult to make it big.  Being in the software field myself, I've tried dabbling in game dev time and again, but the sheer amount of work required to build a decent game put me off (not talking about those flappy bird kinda games). Even a game with simple graphics like stardew valley took its dev (solo) around 4 years to build !

9 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

From what I've read, game dev is hard work, not to mention relatively poorly paid and unreliable compared to other software dev fields.  So unless you're truly passionate about it and willing to put in your blood and tears into it, very difficult to make it big.  Being in the software field myself, I've tried dabbling in game dev time and again, but the sheer amount of work required to build a decent game put me off (not talking about those flappy bird kinda games). Even a game with simple graphics like stardew valley took its dev (solo) around 4 years to build !

It's an aspirational field so lot of starry eyed graduates want to make a career in it. Essentially demand < supply so devs exploit the sh*t outta them. Like even a fresher at Google makes $150k+ but I doubt freshers at even the biggest developers make anywhere close to that. 

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

So many people of different disciplines have to work together, there are the 400 IQ game engine programmers( lots of specific subsystems involved, specific kinds of engineers for those too ), the scripting programmers, then there are the art walas, 3d modellers, texturers, animators, terrain modellers, the dudes who handle lighting, sound walas, ui walas, the creative types who write story etc