Death Stranding

Big Boss

They aren't allowed to say anything above chapter 3 so all the reviews must be mostly spoiler free. 

Great scores all around except ign which gave a 6.8 and their sister site ign Italy have a 9.8. i think it's only missing the perfect 10's his earlier games got. Also the first 10 hrs are extremely extremely slow and leave a bad impression. 

Still day 1. 

I don't know what to feel about the reviews. No matter how great the concept/plot is, I don't think I can take a whole lot of slow paced gameplay. Will try it out using one of my friend's account and see before buying.

Edited by b!T

Not sure if I'm gonna love it or hate it. Seems like it could go either way at this point.

Apparently all the quests are just fetch quests with a lot of tedious traversal and the boss fights are underwhelming too. But the world and atmosphere seem fantastic and that could still make the game enjoyable for me. And I know it's weird but the "tedious" gameplay systems might actually help with immersion, like in RDR2.

Still, I was planning to wait for a sale or PC release and the reviews haven't managed to change my mind. 4K is too much for me to plonk down on a game which I'm not really sure I'll end up liking.

DF on the tech

Just a note - there was a 20 minute cap on videos which is why it’s missing stuff like base PS4 and more in-depth performance testing. I wanted to focus on it’s beauty above all else. That’ll be my next vid and will hit just at launch.

Definitely in the top 5 visuals of the generation for me

Some idiotas are saying that they won't review because sony insisted (part of embargo) that you complete the game before reviewing it.

As i have been saying for years, This is something that every publisher must insist in the future reviews. Some outlets don't complete or complete on the lowest difficulty to meet deadlines or because they're plain incompetent. Many reviewers were even caught this way when they reviewed games only after playing for a few minutes.

34 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Some idiotas are saying that they won't review because sony insisted (part of embargo) that you complete the game before reviewing it.

As i have been saying for years, This is something that every publisher must insist in the future reviews. Some outlets don't complete or complete on the lowest difficulty to meet deadlines or because they're plain incompetent. Many reviewers were even caught this way when they reviewed games only after playing for a few minutes.

How pathetic one should be to get offended when a publisher expects you to do your job properly.

Edited by b!T

24 minutes ago, b!T said:

How pathetic one should be to get offended when a publisher expects you to do your job properly.

Sony is not paying them. They are expecting too much for giving $60 worth of code couple of weeks in advance, in my opinion. Honestly, the game appears too much work and the gait and speed and all the boxes stacked on the protagonist make it appear as if it is even more work.

Edited by codwapeace