The Last of Us : Part II

PS Fan

Update from ND

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/studio_update_neil_druckmann_the_last_of_us_part_II

- Druckmann now the VP of ND. he's now back to being just the creative director for the game and not the game(play) director as announced at PSX

- Anthony Newman and Kurt Margenau are the joint Game Directors on The Last of Us Part II.  Kurt co-directed the lost legacy.

Both Kurt and Anthony joined Naughty Dog during Uncharted 2 and have been instrumental in leading the design department, and have been key contributors on our subsequent games. Emilia Schatz and Richard Cambier are the Lead Designers that round out the extremely talented design department’s leadership team.

these guys have big shoes to fill esp after bruce straley left. 

• 2 months later...

Game of the show for me. Those visuals are unbelievable for PS4.

So many questions still remain. Where is Joel? Who is the character debuted at last trailer? And the dance sequence looked from a time when the infection is over and everything is back to normal. 

Just now, KnackChap said:

Game of the show for me. Those visuals are unbelievable for PS4.

So many questions still remain. Where is Joel? Who is the character debuted at last trailer? And the dance sequence looked from a time when the infection is over and everything is back to normal. 

Joel is in this game I think. When Ellie was talking to that guy in the party, he mentioned that her old man had lectured him about patrols. Now, who could be Ellie's "Old Man" hmm?

Just now, KnackChap said:

Did you miss the kissing scene in left behind? 

I never played left behind and I was surprised. Am one of those that do not go back to play story DLCs if they are released few months after base game.

3 minutes ago, Keano said:

I never played left behind and I was surprised. Am one of those that do not go back to play story DLCs if they are released few months after base game.

I don't buy and play story based dlc either unless it's a standalone expansion.

2 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Lots of female and LGBT empowerment here - playing as Ellie, lesbian and killing women. Don't see the latter 2 often in other story incentive games.

I blame the Reddit SJWs  :P Every form of media is trying to be inclusive to LGBTQ communities and it is not a bad thing. As long as it is part of the story and not being forced. 

Man those graphics are insane!!

Loved the little details too like the blood dripping out of the bullet wound on that woman's face and Ellie wincing when she pulls out the arrow stuck in her shoulder.

The violence looks very realistic too. I actually cringed when Ellie almost decapitated that guy at the end.

Decapitating someone with a blunt machete so you have to hit them twice, nothing more brutal than that.

Also love the way ammo naturally spills out of people you kill so it doesn't do the gamey thing of them just appearing over dead bodies.

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Decapitating someone with a blunt machete so you have to hit them twice, nothing more brutal than that.

Also love the way ammo naturally spills out of people you kill so it doesn't do the gamey thing of them just appearing over dead bodies.

THIS. I noticed the arrows just dropping from one of the enemies and minor tweaks like that  add so much immersion.