Engineer

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

There's more than 5 for sure.

Limgrave

Caelid

Liurnia

Altus Plateau

Mountaintops of the Giants

Included all others like weeping psula, mt gelmir, dragonbarrow etc as subregions

Copied from ign

The Lands Between is made up of six large areas that all branch from the central hub, which can be accessed later in the game.

Some sites say 5 some say 6 

But thats about it

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

21 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

I guess I am playing it too slowly. Ony at level 64 after 35 hours. Have only completed Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula.

Please take your time, I never play RPG’s so my bad habit of doing boss runs from soulsborne games kicks in. Also I did the CNT so limegrave was a cake walk since I knew all the places.

lot of secret cities, and a ton of NPC quest lines. I already have a very extensive list of stuff to do for NG+.

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Ah, so that's what was happening. I thought I was losing my mind :lol:

So did i at first, followed up on reddit and ultimately

Ended up scannig the whole list of status effects on fextra

but hey what are from games for if not a lot of lore hunting :wOOtjumpy:

I have to say I wish the game performed better to offset how the major bosses are programmed. They do fakeouts, there’s hardly any window for getting your stuff in, they seem to know when you dodge to time their attacks, and the precision in the attacks is godly. I don’t need input lag from frame drops when the game is already built to kick my a*s. As a long time melee build, this game broke me. So, I went out, got the mimic tear ashes summon, leveled them up to +10 and boom.

on ps5, the evergaol’s are steady 60fps and my favourite fights in the game.

about 20 hours in 

Level 30, confessor,

knights sword +5

got godricks great rune, divine tower

Things left to do in W. Limgrave 

- couple of catacombs,

- tree monstrosity in the castle 

- teleportation region in agheel ruins

Had previously Explored a bit of caelid and siofra when i was doing a wild run in intial hours ?

But since then following questlines n covering as much as possible 

Mixing it up with other games playing alternate days

3 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

about 20 hours in 

Level 30, confessor,

knights sword +5

got godricks great rune, divine tower

Things left to do in W. Limgrave 

- couple of catacombs,

- serpent boss in the castle 

- teleportation region in agheel ruins

Had previously Explored a bit of caelid and siofra when i was doing a wild run in intial hours ?

Covering as much as possible 

Mixing it up with other games playing alternate days

Which one is that? :huh:

26 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

fakeouts, there’s hardly any window for getting your stuff in, they seem to know when you dodge to time their attacks,

Yup noticed this straight up with margit and just couldnt hold my laughter 

Some even change strike direction midway along with fakeouts and delays

But i guess that had to be done for exp from players to get something new and be more patient while rolling

Well done fromsoft, hahahaa

The delayed strikes are a constant theme among the enemies. And its not a constant delay either. There's an a**hole is Carian study hall who shoots great soul arrows. She changes the timing of when the arrow leaves the bow each time. Some times she shoots it as soon as the arrow loading animation is done, sometimes she holds the arrow for a second or two before releasing it. Took me a few tries as a melee to take her down because she keeps teleporting away. Lost around 15k souls in the process. :cry:

Edited by Nikushimi

25 minutes ago, Nikushimi said:

Oh, that one. Didn't look like a snake to me lol. Yeah its a nice secret area.

Yeah didnt look much like a snake to me either, reminded me of rotten greatwood from DS3

More like a tree centipede

but ign mentions it as snake like so i stuck to it to be safe 

And yeah, nice little hell hole

4 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

I have to say I wish the game performed better to offset how the major bosses are programmed. They do fakeouts, there’s hardly any window for getting your stuff in, they seem to know when you dodge to time their attacks, and the precision in the attacks is godly. I don’t need input lag from frame drops when the game is already built to kick my a*s. As a long time melee build, this game broke me. So, I went out, got the mimic tear ashes summon, leveled them up to +10 and boom.

Some bosses even spam attack you. You will run out of stamina due to rolling but they won't stop spam attacking you.

What sort of end game build are you guys going for? The bloodhounds fang has served me well so far. Upgraded it to +6 and it can 2-3 hit the mobs I’ve come across in Caelid so far.

I am planning on a dual wield katana build with Bloodhound’s step ash of war for a teleporting ninja bleed build. If dual wielding proves too difficult, I’ll fall back to a sword n shield build. Maybe even respec for some end game sorcery builds for ez mode :lol:

Edited by Nikushimi

9 hours ago, Kenzooru said:

The game seems to be heavily stacked against melee only players. Either that or its balanced assuming the player will always use NPC and animal summons. If you're strictly melee build and go 1v1 against bosses, good luck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The game seems to be heavily stacked against melee only players. Either that or its balanced assuming the player will always use NPC and animal summons. If you're strictly melee build and go 1v1 against bosses, good luck.

Yup, it's built around using NPC and animal summons (I'm only talking about Ash Summons not co-op). You're also supposed to upgrade them like your weapons. They are part of your official kit. You have to use them whether you are melee or mage or hybrid. Ignoring them is like doing a self-imposed challenge run. Like what some guys do - playing the entire game at SL 1 or without anything other than starting gear and all such stuff. Doable sure - but very hard.

Edited by roun90