Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

1 hour ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Oho

Lol ya useless thread indeed.

But what a waste of a welcome kit then. It's all just unnecessary documentation that like 5% of them even go through lol. 

Even if it's for Burgundy Magnus, then card is actually attached on the other side and not at the front. Seen it many times.

So I am being offered an upgrade to AMEX Platinum Travel from Gold Charge. Does the gold charge card become obsolete after that or does it become ltf? Does the reward points for both of the cards will be accumulated together, if both of the cards are active?

Also is it a good upgrade overall?

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

1 hour ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

So I am being offered an upgrade to AMEX Platinum Travel from Gold Charge. Does the gold charge card become obsolete after that or does it become ltf? Does the reward points for both of the cards will be accumulated together, if both of the cards are active?

Also is it a good upgrade overall?

You will have both the cards because PT is a credit card and GC is a charge card.

PT is a great card for upto 4L spends, better than GC (keep in mind that there are some Amex deval rumours).

GC will not become LTF, you will have to pay for both.

Points will be clubbed together.

What are you being offered for the upgrade? You might be able to get a better deal by applying through a referral (for which DM me).

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

You will have both the cards because PT is a credit card and GC is a charge card.

PT is a great card for upto 4L spends, better than GC (keep in mind that there are some Amex deval rumours).

GC will not become LTF, you will have to pay for both.

Points will be clubbed together.

What are you being offered for the upgrade? You might be able to get a better deal by applying through a referral (for which DM me).

10000 bonus points plus 1000 bucks amazon voucher. 

• 2 weeks later...

Improvised and booked 2 return tickets (DEL-LHR) on LOT Polish business class.

It's not the best but given the constraints with TK devaluation deadline, it's better than any Economy out there.

Paid 60k in taxes overall, so not a bad deal to get 2 return J tickets for the price of 1 economy return.

Now time to say bye to Turkish.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, what as a better CC between SBI and amazon ICICI or one of the swiggy/zomato ones

Need one for AMAzon discounts, , zomato/swiggy/blinkit etc

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Folks, what as a better CC between SBI and amazon ICICI or one of the swiggy/zomato ones

SBI 5% cashback card

6 hours ago, Snake said:

Which SBI one? 

Amazon one is great for all amazon purchases, 5% Cashback flat without any catch. Great when there are no other or better option. It is LTF.

In case of dilemma, take both. LTF is LTF, I see no negative in having a card lying around for free. 

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

Has anyone used Yaper to maximize their credit cards?

https://yaper.co/?v=1.2210.1

Yaper has been around for ages.

And almost everyone issuer is on the tails of such P2P platforms.

Axis just did a mass block on Atlas, other issuers have been sending notices.

Yaper might still work for a bit but any excessive transaction is now being scrutinized and invoices are being demanded.

Not to forget, that all of these txns will add up and reflect on your AIS, if you already spend a decent amount then that might be problematic.

• Thanks 1

I now have the best cashback CC combo in the market

1) SBI cashback - 5% on online spends

2) Axis Ace - 5% on bills, DTH, recharges which sbi doesn’t have and unlimited 2% cashback on offline spends

3) bonus Scapia LTF card for zero forex markup

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bye bye Axis.

I have the myzone card which I just got recently. guess I should get the lTF neo and be done with it

14 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Bye bye Axis.

Closed my Magnus on renewal month. Infinia is the king again. Sorry was and is the king :fear1:

I think Atlas was still an ok card but this is just the nail in the coffin. 

Edited by SuperT