Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

29 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah final fight was a let down. Ares was lackluster.

But this movie already looks better than part 1, imo.

Dunno why, but Ares is always f**ked over in every movie - old ones like Clash of Titans etc to new ones like WW, Blood of Zeus etc. 

He's the f**king God Of War, but doesn't seem all that powerful tbh.  

19 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

rewatched 'ca:winter solider' on  disney/hostar yesterday.  I think I've grown weary of this superhero genre.  After some point, they all start to feel the same <_<

Tell me about it. I've no idea how do these superhero comics even sell. It's the same sh*t over and over again, and when things don't make sense, REBOOT. 

*beep* you Marvel and DC. 

Was never a fan of Cap Am anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dunno why, but Ares is always f**ked over in every movie - old ones like Clash of Titans etc to new ones like WW, Blood of Zeus etc. 

He's the f**king God Of War, but doesn't seem all that powerful tbh.  

Tell me about it. I've no idea how do these superhero comics even sell. It's the same sh*t over and over again, and when things don't make sense, REBOOT. 

*beep* you Marvel and DC. 

Was never a fan of Cap Am anyway. 

Lol yeah, i think only GOW 1 has done somewhat justice to Ares. 

I think in the comics he is quite strong.

15 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Lol yeah, i think only GOW 1 has done somewhat justice to Ares. 

I think in the comics he is quite strong.

There is literally a comic series titled Ares, and it's pretty decent. 

In the movies, he's only shown to have strength, no strategy, which is again pretty weird for someone titled God of War. 

Imagine the Art of War by Sun Tzu, without any strategy. Doh. 

It's not just Nolan. Nobody wants to read full article anymore. So many are pissed WB.

Sources say even Suicide Squad director James Gunn, who is platform-agnostic, was not pleased when the studio followed its shocking announcement by floating a lackluster formula for compensating him and other profit participants in the film.

Trading Box Office for Streaming, but Stars Still Want Their Money

Representatives for major Warner Bros. stars like Denzel Washington, Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Keanu Reeves, Hugh Jackman and Angelina Jolie wanted to know why their clients had been treated in a lesser manner than Ms. Gadot.

Many think Legendary will be the first to file a legal challenge. The company fired off a previous lawyer letter after Netflix offered something north of $225 million for the rights to Godzilla vs. Kong, which has seen its release date moved from March 2020 to November to May 2021. Though Legendary financed 75 percent of the movie, Warners had the power to block the sale and did. Legendary asked whether the studio would then give it a deal to stream the movie on HBO Max — and got no clear answer until its executives woke up one December morning to find that the movie was going day-and-date on the service without the benefit of a negotiation. Legendary’s even more expensive picture, Dune, is getting the same treatment. The other companies that finance Warners movies, Village Roadshow and Bron, are also said to be aggrieved parties that might end up going to court.

Dune director Denis Villeneuve is said to be among those who felt most strongly that a traditional big-screen release was essential for his film. 

WB just threw in all the movies into the WW84 announcement secretly and royally pissed off many people.