Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Aquaman's plot was a big mess but it had personality. Jason Momoa was really charming and Amber Heard is HOT inspite of the ridiculous costume. The action is better directed than most superhero movies. It's basically a B movie with a big budget. 
I really loved Wonde Woman too. My favorite  is Shazam however. All DC movies other than Snyder crapola are better than most Marvel manufactured sh*t. 
Aquaman himself was a joke of a character..

Made it mainstream big time.. And mamoas casting was a masterstroke..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Just now, adity said:

There is not 1 Marvel movie with as much heart as Shazam. Its one of the few movies which actually make me laugh and the story is really heartwarming. f**king love that movie. I don't hate MCU or anything. I find most of them entertaining but they feel very manufactured. Kinda like Western games vs Japanese games. 

the scene where he learns his mom left him on purpose was so well done.

There's not a single completely great DCEU movie. The characters stay the same and haven't had any development, let alone memorable moments. The fans can attack critics and review sites all they want, but even the most praised ones like WW is just average. And when you look at the universe, it's laughably bad. Near 10 years and they are still trying to figure it out.....

I get it's cool to hate on MCU, but what they have achieved is remarkable. And how everyone tries to ape them but keep failing, makes it even more impressive.

• Like 1

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut alone craps all over the MCU. It actually tackled bold and relevant themes like immigrant issues, vigilante brutalism, complicit police authorities, sensationalist journalism, drone strikes, billionaires abusing their power, minorities being targeted etc. Meanwhile, the MCU is all about white saviour, CIA funded military MAGA propaganda barring a flick or two out of 50. Heck, the chairman of Marvel Studios himself is a huge Trumper. That should say all about the MCU. Who cares if they built a universe when their intentions are malicious. 

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Why are DC fans so insecure lol. :rolleyes: If anything, the The_Donald and 4chan crowd loves Snyder directed DCEU movies for being white saviour, military propaganda and hates on Marvel/Star Wars content for having diversity and inclusion. Even after Black Panther's gigantic success, DC had no confidence for a Cyborg movie.

Nice try though. :rolleyes:  

Edited by cyberpunk

I am not being insecure lol. You are the one who is repeating the same crap again and again in this thread every time DC topic comes up.

Just to remind you, it took Marvel Studios 20 movies to make a female Superhero film. Whereas DC did it in its third instalment itself under Snyder and only after WW’s success did Marvel Studios realise that female Superheroes can make money too. Marvel Studios also didn’t believe in female directors until Patty Jenkins, who was handpicked by Snyder, succeeded with WW. Plus most of the MCU was white for a decade. Whereas Snyder cast an openly gay actor for The Flash, a Jewish actress for WW, a Hawaiian for Aquaman, a black actor for Martian Manhunter and made Cyborg the heart of his JL until an MCU director came in and cut all his scenes out nullifying the chances for a solo Cyborg film. Marvel Studios also used all the Miles Morales elements for Peter Parker’s world. Really shows how inclusive they are lol.

And finally, most of the Snyder fans are Indians and non-Americans.

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut alone craps all over the MCU.

You're the one who has to bash Marvel in every post in order to praise DC lol. You do realize that you can still love DC without hating on Marvel?

Plus bringing politics and lying about propaganda and what not just for trashing movies you don't like. But what more can be expected from someone with Pepe the frog profile picture, everyone knows what it's a symbol of. :lol:

Edited by cyberpunk

5 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

You're the one who has to bash Marvel in every post in order to praise DC lol. You do realize that you can still love DC without hating on Marvel?

Plus bringing politics and lying about propaganda and what not just for trashing movies you don't like. But what more can be expected from someone with Pepe the frog profile picture, everyone knows what it's a symbol of. :lol:

Current discussion is about Marvel vs DC buddy. And art is political. Always has been. I merely pointed out the themes. It’s openly there for everyone to see.

Also, using Pepe doesn’t make me an alt-right American.

Edited by The Panda

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut alone craps all over the MCU. It actually tackled bold and relevant themes like immigrant issues, vigilante brutalism, complicit police authorities, sensationalist journalism, drone strikes, billionaires abusing their power, minorities being targeted etc. Meanwhile, the MCU is all about white saviour, CIA funded military MAGA propaganda barring a flick or two out of 50. Heck, the chairman of Marvel Studios himself is a huge Trumper. That should say all about the MCU. Who cares if they built a universe when their intentions are malicious. 

AFAIK DC takes two to three tries to get a movie correct, BvS had Ultimate Cut, JL has Snyder Cut, SS director is claiming that Goyer cut is much better, so, if they can't make a decent theatrical release, they should just move on to directly making online series for streaming services, where they can flesh-out their characters in a better way. Why should fans bother to go to theater to see a half cooked movie and then wait for years to get a better cut that will in your words, "crap out on competition". At least Marvel is making films that can be enjoyed on the first watch and DC already has got many chances and blind support from the fans but they still do not have a proper plan.

You just can't blame just one person or/and studio for this, just like only Kevin Feige and Disney are not responsible for the success of Marvel movies. It is a collective effort. This has been the go to excuse for DC fans, blame Geoff Johns for everything, like Snyder was making Godfather level movies before Geoff entered.

And about the female centric movie thing, there is no character in Marvel which can compete with Wonder Woman - she is the OG female superhero , thus, it would have been a bigger risk for Marvel to make a woman centric movie, Captain Marvel only succeeded because of its connection to the larger universe. I love DC characters more than Marvel, but to see them being treated brutally and people praising that stuff, it hurts.

Edited by him2anshu

Even if Snyder didn't/doesn't make Godfather level movies he certainly makes better,  more intriguing and more complex films than most of the MCU.

Dawn of the Dead helped sprung up the Zombie genre again, 300 changed the visual and action game, Watchmen Director's Cut is on par with the TDK trilogy and the themes tackled in Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut are alone enough to make him a worthy director.

Also, Geoff Johns f**ked up Smallville, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, Justice League, Wonder Woman's third act and several other things. He also canceled Young Justice and ruined the DC Animated Movies. His f**kery knows no bounds.

Even Christopher Nolan banned Geoff Johns from entering his movie sets. That itself should say plenty about his f**kery. F**k him.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Okay, so every good decision related to DC is taken by Snyder and Snyder alone and every bad decision is taken by Geoff Johns and f**k him, got it. 

One question though, if BvS Ultimate cut was so superior, why didn't Snyder release it on the first time, I guess he was taking all the good decisions back then?

Again, to be clear, I am not blaming one person or one studio, I am angry at all of them for f***ing everything up, Nolan's TDKR was not even a good movie. MCU is only reigning because DC is lacking, if they step up their game, things could turn in their favour. But they do need to have a good plan and need to take their time to execute it properly.

18 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

You just can't blame just one person or/and studio for this, just like only Kevin Feige and Disney are not responsible for the success of Marvel movies. It is a collective effort. This has been the go to excuse for DC fans, blame Geoff Johns for everything, like Snyder was making Godfather level movies before Geoff entered.

This. The Snyder cult acts like he is a messiah and he can't do no wrong lol. He's just an edgy Michael Bay.

Geoff Johns and WB are their go-to for blaming the failure of DCEU. :lol:  

Nah, I don't praise every freaking thing he does. I think his Man of Steel and Legend of the Guardians are very weak except for the action sequences. And the reason the Ultimate Cut wasn't released in the theatres in the first place is because he was mandated by WB executives in the last minute to cut out 30 minutes out of his Ultimate Cut which backfired heavily. It's been like that for Snyder with WB since Watchmen. He is not Christopher Nolan who has a say in every thing he does. If he refuses to listen to the executives and speaks against the studio publicly, he will be blacklisted from Hollywood forever like Fant4stic director Josh Trank.

What makes me hate WB and Geoff Johns the most is that they used his daughter's suicide as the reason for his departure from JL in 2017 for PR. Snyder couldn't even say no to that. So what makes you think he has any power over the studio executives.

Edited by The Panda