The Playstation 5 thread

9 minutes ago, Angad. said:

I think they send guys from the showroom itself to deliver so Sunday ho ya Monday, doesn’t matter to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Yup, all the consoles came to the nearest Croma and the shop guys delivered it.

That's all the more reason to laud them. Anyone one would've shrugged it off and said "Monday dekh lenge"

My oled will be from Croma FTW:majesty:

Does anybody feel the stand is wobbly in vertical position too? 

Don’t know about vertically but with horizontal position it’s really crap. A little pull of the console towards you causes it to come off the stand completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

For sure the reviews will be out by then. Already a few videos are floating online with HDTVtest covering them. Brightness is supposed to reach 1000nits without increasing burn-in risk. 

These new panels are the reason I settled with x90H last year. Come 2022 models and I will get the latest one.

Not so sure. I think LG said at CES that only the G1 gets the new brighter display. The lower models probably don't, but that's just me from memory.

3 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Not so sure. I think LG said at CES that only the G1 gets the new brighter display. The lower models probably don't, but that's just me from memory.

They're saving all the good stuff for the G lineup. C guys will be in the general compartment from 2021 :lol:

Does anybody feel the stand is wobbly in vertical position too? 
Mine doesn't wobble from side to side. But its prone to falling in front face down. Not even from behind, but front face down.

In either case I would place it in a location where it just sits, and doesn't need to be moved around at all. It's heavy enough that even a single fall will cause significant damage. Definitely need to be super careful with this thing.

Plus its a dust magnet, very fine dust particles stick to the black surface, I think some static electricity thing is going on here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

They're saving all the good stuff for the G lineup. C guys will be in the general compartment from 2021 :lol:

Yea, I'm guessing 2022 for the C series. They'll charge a premium for it in the meantime and make some easy early adopter money :D

1 minute ago, Soultrader92 said:

Mine doesn't wobble from side to side. But its prone to falling in front face down. Not even from behind, but front face down.

In either case I would place it in a location where it just sits, and doesn't need to be moved around at all. It's heavy enough that even a single fall will cause significant damage. Definitely need to be super careful with this thing.

Plus its a dust magnet, very fine dust particles stick to the black surface, I think some static electricity thing is going on here.

Yes just set it stable and let it be. The thing does wobble even with the most delicate touch. 

I use one of those dusters (hair wale) to give it a gentle cleanup once a week but never ever touch it because of that shoddy stand design. 

Even Stevie Wonder hit the spot correctly on his first night, but once this thing comes off the stand NADA :thumbdown:

Just now, Keyofx said:

Yea, I'm guessing 2022 for the C series. They'll charge a premium for it in the meantime and make some easy early adopter money :D

Yes that's exactly the plan from what it appears so far :giggle:

But I can't wait till 2022. :fear1:

10 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Yes, only the G1 is brighter and expensive as well..rest are similar to current CX

So.. based on the dimensions of the PS5 and my cabinet, it will be left with exactly 10 cm space on the sides and back in horizontal position. The back of the cabinet is, sadly, not open bar a hole for wires.

Not ideal, but will live with that for now.

3 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So.. based on the dimensions of the PS5 and my cabinet, it will be left with exactly 10 cm space on the sides and back in horizontal position. The back of the cabinet is, sadly, not open bar a hole for wires.

10cm is too tight bro. Not that the console puts out a lot of heat atleast compared to the SX. But still think of redoing the TV unit long term. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, muathaz03 said:

is it only me or anybody else who hasn't received their console yet (and won't until 2 more days) lost almost all excitement of a pre order?

p.s: i'm a very very light gamer if at all.

I was feeling the same. It still was exciting to play spiderman in 4k 60fps even with all the bullshit with the uk psn account I had to go through.

• Like 1

Haha excitement does die out with time and once you get the thing you wanted ?

I've had Ps5 for 2 full days now and all I've played is Fifa 21 and that too the PS4 version (given all friends are on ps4)??

Will start with God of War tonight. Have refreshed all the story through youtube vids

• Like 1

10 cm... Not great, not terrible

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Doesn’t FIFA 21 have online crossplay between PS5 & PS4?!? 

Nope . When you purchase for Ps5 - you get two games. Ps4 version and ps5 version.

Crossplay is only for ps4 version.