The Playstation 5 thread

Meta still feels like a smoke to take attention away from all the controversy around Facebook.

Apart from Decentraland business where brands and people are jumping onto the hype, I don't see a mass adoption anytime soon for these Metaverses especially ones in VR.

Maybe I've reached that boomer stage where I can't envision a shift of this magnitude.

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Valve was never in the race. Earlier Ps vr1 outsold all the other big VR units combined. Then quest 2 came out is blowing everything out of the water bcoz of its wireless functionality and in built hw. Both vr 2 and quest 2 are targeting different markets but quest 2 def has the edge. Only question is whether Facebook/meta are in for the long haul or will they drop it if they don't see much growth. 

Facebook is creating Metaverse & going in big with the VR. 

They want to capitalise on the ongoing crypto boom & want ppl to invest all their crypto earnings as much as they can in buying NFT’s in Meta. 

It’s a huge prospect but then again it only grew because of the pandemic. 
If ppl decide to take their investments in real world now that it’s ending, only then it might flop. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Highly doubt for a Holiday release.. as Games are still in progress..  My guess is Q2 2023

Ps5 didn't have much going either.

I guess they will just release it because it will still sell because of impulse buy and demand/supply.

There are already enough VR games to take advantage of the better hardware.

Having hardware already sold will be a good strategy.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

:rofl: 

Maybe not for you personally,but it is doing a lot better globally than even PS4 both in terms of sales & content.

I am not doing a comparison.

There weren't enough games for the launch of a brand new system, be it Ps5/Ps4/XSX but they still sold out.

The same thing will happen with VR2 and that's why it makes sense to release it before games are in the market so that people will just flock to any game which is released.

Not every Ps5 owner will get it, the people who do will already have a set of games they want to play on new hardware, be it Beat Saber.

Personally I will buy it just for better Beat Saber.

23 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am not doing a comparison.

There weren't enough games for the launch of a brand new system, be it Ps5/Ps4/XSX but they still sold out.

The same thing will happen with VR2 and that's why it makes sense to release it before games are in the market so that people will just flock to any game which is released.

Not every Ps5 owner will get it, the people who do will already have a set of games they want to play on new hardware, be it Beat Saber.

Personally I will buy it just for better Beat Saber.

The old games will work on the psvr2? Or else we should be looking at the good old 10$ upgrades .

6 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

The old games will work on the psvr2? Or else we should be looking at the good old 10$ upgrades .

There hasn't been a 10$ charge for backwards compatibility, that was only for next gen versions with added features. I don't see why it would be any different for PSVR to PSVR2.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

There hasn't been a 10$ charge for backwards compatibility, that was only for next gen versions with added features. I don't see why it would be any different for PSVR to PSVR2.

Yup, same. If the game supports scaling then I don't see any upgrade cost. Unless they want to add more features like a FPS increase.

9 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

What issue, yeah replacement have been quick. 

My disc drive was busted since day 1. Discs wouldn't eject unless you press and hold the eject button for long. Once the disc was out you couldn't enter discs again unless you changed orientation or give it a tap outside the drive. Only reason I delayed the replacement was because I was playing ac Valhalla for like a month and didn't know replacement would be so quick. 

12 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

My disc drive was busted since day 1. Discs wouldn't eject unless you press and hold the eject button for long. Once the disc was out you couldn't enter discs again unless you changed orientation or give it a tap outside the drive. Only reason I delayed the replacement was because I was playing ac Valhalla for like a month and didn't know replacement would be so quick. 

Okay, i hope nothing happens now because next month warranty is done for.

Also now whats the case if we want to get it repaired?

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Okay, i hope nothing happens now because next month warranty is done for.

Also now whats the case if we want to get it repaired?

They don't repair consoles here afaik. They'll just offer you a new one at half price or something. Just try to buy a extended warranty if possible. The sony service centre guy told me that they honor it and tata aig is the best. Sadly I completely forgot about it today or else would've got it. 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They don't repair consoles here afaik. They'll just offer you a new one at half price or something. Just try to buy a extended warranty if possible. The sony service centre guy told me that they honor it and tata aig is the best. Sadly I completely forgot about it today or else would've got it. 

Where can i get it ?