The Xbox Series X|S thread

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

It is severely going to hold back this generations Multiplatform games IMO 

that’s why I don’t want it to sell well 

& make it easier for developers to force M$ to drop the mandatory development 

But MS can't just abandon it's user base, right? What has happened has happened, now PS exclusives will probably be of better quality.

I basically wonder if it will be able to play next gen games at 900p 60FPS? It seems to be struggling to hit 60fps with control and jedi fallen order itself, so...

3 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

I basically wonder if it will be able to play next gen games at 900p 60FPS? It seems to be struggling to hit 60fps with control and jedi fallen order itself, so...

Also, I noticed MS for some reason is giving more importance to resolution than frames/frame stability. I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with 30fps as the generation progresses to maintain as much resolution as possible.

Edited by gecko89

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

that’s why I don’t want it to sell well 

& make it easier for developers to force M$ to drop the mandatory development 

While they are at it amd and nvidia should drop all the low end cards too .

35 minutes ago, AnK said:

what are your reasons for this? Don’t say games released till now because do you genuinely believe that devs have tapped all the power that XSS has to offer and the next gen architecture features?

22 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

But MS can't just abandon it's user base, right? What has happened has happened, now PS exclusives will probably be of better quality.

Are you sure Fallen Order is not 60 fps? I believe it got an update in January. Anyways, I think you should wait for the Next-gen version upgrade coming later .

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

GPU CPU & other specs that come with the SeriesS will be dropped from the “minimum requirement” of AAA PC ports in about 2 years from now 

Ah come on bro, that CPU is good. GPU is just ok, memory and it's bandwith are the major issues, that is if you go by DFS review.

10 minutes ago, sumyth90 said:

Are you sure Fallen Order is not 60 fps? I believe it got an update in January. Anyways, I think you should wait for the Next-gen version upgrade coming later .

It was updated to support 60fps but it hovers between 45-60 which is concerning.

12 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

what are your reasons for this? Don’t say games released till now because do you genuinely believe that devs have tapped all the power that XSS has to offer and the next gen architecture features?

Performance in games released till now is a matter of concern right?

11 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

you have series x or s ?

I have a series S and a friends One X with me and  games do look a bit better on the one x.

I am actually in the process of deciding which to offload, to be frank. The 364gb SSD is paltry af.

I will surely be getting a PS5 next year, but one X has no resale value whereas series S can go for 28k now.

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

If I may ask, what is the general consensus about the long term prospect of the series s here?

Its not the most popular or best selling SKU like many predicted, actually the opposite. Long term, who knows? But they can't drop it like they did with Kinect, so it'll chug along for as long as possible.

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its not the most popular or best selling SKU like many predicted, actually the opposite. Long term, who knows? But they can't drop it like they did with Kinect, so it'll chug along for as long as possible.

What's your expectation based on the specs bro?

Will the box work as MS says it will or will it end up as sh!tty as the OG Xbox one?

You guys have the knack for foreseeing things from experience, so... Will be fascinating to know your opinion.

15 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

What's your expectation based on the specs bro?

Will the box work as MS says it will or will it end up as sh!tty as the OG Xbox one?

You guys have the knack for foreseeing things from experience, so... Will be fascinating to know your opinion.

MS calls it a 1440p box but very few games run at that resolution lol. Ultimately it'll be a 1080p or 900p box but maintaining high fps. The gap is only going to get wider as gen progresses and big consoles start getting 1440p or even 1080p games. Xbone was only 30% less powerful than PS4, SS is 300% less powerful than SX with a terrible bandwidth. What will happen if you get a game that runs at 1080p/60 max on SX? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnK said:

& you think SX or PS5 are already on their full potential?!?

it’s a like for like positioning right now 

if it’s struggling now when games are mostly crossgen (in Xbox’s case all are Crossgen) 

then one can guess what future holds 

I’m talking about the whole spec sheet 

Performance of all 3 consoles will improve with time as devs get mastery of the next gen architecture. 

Right now, with cross gen games, devs are merely updating the games. When devs get down to creating games from scratch only!! for the 3 next gen consoles - my bet is that it’ll be a completely different story as compared to now

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

SS is 300% less powerful than SX

we gamers can’t really  comment on the graphics pipeline as a whole because of lack of knowledge - a comparison of how powerful each console is difficult 

Edited by 0verlord

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

XSS is not a good spend for enthusiasts because you'll come here and see the technical breakdowns and everyone's impressions and feel some solid FOMO after a while even if XSS manages to keep up in terms of frame rate. Also, I feel 1440p and up scales well on good 4k TVs but there is definitely some blurriness on any lower resolutions.

agreed. Everyone should just buy sex.