The Xbox Series X|S thread

19 minutes ago, adity said:

The UI elements are 1080p which makes achievement pop-ups look like a blurry mess on my 4k screen. 

Also the sharing is nowhere near PS. Max clip size is only 30 seconds and I haven't been able to find any way to stream either. 

That's about it, I guess. 

That sucks many PS5 UI is full blown 4K plus HDR :wub: One hour recording by default, and 4K recording also available as long as you have space for it

18 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

That sucks many PS5 UI is full blown 4K plus HDR :wub: One hour recording by default, and 4K recording also available as long as you have space for it

How does the UI in 4K HDR help? Just curious. Not that I mind it but for games that haven’t received the HDR treatment, wouldn’t they look bad forced to be displayed this way right out of the gate?

43 minutes ago, adity said:

The UI elements are 1080p which makes achievement pop-ups look like a blurry mess on my 4k screen. 

Also the sharing is nowhere near PS. Max clip size is only 30 seconds and I haven't been able to find any way to stream either. 

That's about it, I guess. 

Ya its not good

720p ones are 5 mins.

1080p 2mins.

4k ones i think are very short.

Recording features are still old and not updated. Jason Ronald from Xbox said future system updates will improve upload studios nd all.

PS4 recording and share system way better.

22 minutes ago, adity said:

He's talking about the PS5 UI as in the homescreen and all that. No impact on games. 

Wohi toh. I mean it looks smashing. Especially the P5R and Spider-Man splash screens. But beyond aesthetics can’t think of a proper reason. 

8 minutes ago, adity said:

No no games render at 4k or whatever the f**k resolution. We are talking specifically about the console UI. Homescreen, achievement, notification popups, etc and yes it doesn't really matter all that much. A minor nitpick in the grand scheme of things.

Isn't the entire UI 4K on XSX?

Also yeah, XSX feels like most sturdy console compared to PS5. No glitches, no crashes, just works flawlessly. My PS5 has crashed twice so far. Once during Miles Morales and once during just dashboard settings change. XSX is a proper beast.

2 hours ago, adity said:

One thing I've noticed is XSX doesn't throw a pissy fit even if I pull the plug while it's on unlike ps4. 

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

2-4 baar lagataar karke dekh aisa..

My XSX has been interrupted by loss of power about 5-6 times till now while in the middle of a gaming session. No issues till now, but must.buy.that.UPS 

14 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Isn't the entire UI 4K on XSX?

Also yeah, XSX feels like most sturdy console compared to PS5. No glitches, no crashes, just works flawlessly. My PS5 has crashed twice so far. Once during Miles Morales and once during just dashboard settings change. XSX is a proper beast.

4k yes but not HDR shamelessly on dashboard :giggle:

And yeah SX is legit Beast. No crashes. No issues whatsoever. I don’t even need to spend money on next gen exclusives. 

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

4k yes but not HDR shamelessly on dashboard :giggle:

And yeah SX is legit Beast. No crashes. No issues whatsoever. I don’t even need to spend money on next gen exclusives. 

I don’t think UI is 4K on XSX unless it’s been updated 

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

All of these XSX praises are hurting like chili fingers on peepee right now.

Tell us some bad sh*t pleez.

The controller is too small. Its treading into DS3 territory now. I miss the X360 controller. Also, it creaks a bit. At least mine does. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

The controller is too small. Its treading into DS3 territory now. I miss the X360 controller. Also, it creaks a bit. At least mine does. 

Too small kaise? It’s literally the same form factor as the Xbone series starting 2013. 
Compared to 360 yes. But the likeness of size actually is great for continuity. Especially for folks who have panic attacks with muscle memory going for a toss. 

Just now, Jigsaw said:

Too small kaise? It’s literally the same form factor as the Xbone series starting 2013. 
Compared to 360 yes. But the likeness of size actually is great for continuity. Especially for folks who have panic attacks with muscle memory going for a toss. 

I never had Xbone :P

And I did have a lack-of-continuity-panic-attack :D