Returnal

GeraltOfRivia

Finally finished the game, Luckily managed to beat ACT 3 without any deaths mostly due to level 19 carbine with leech rounds II.
i hope this luck continues with the remaining survey trophies as well.

iwBpuk6.jpg

Hsg7ul5.jpg

Lx1LIXH.jpg

The luck factor is something else, there are times you get a great weapon with awesome traits and also this happens when you are stuck with the shotgun in biome 3 of all places :wallbash:

eAU60c1.jpg

Edited by Fenix21
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

'Save and quit' doesn't have anything to do with difficulty. I don't see how it can deter the experience in any way, and I don't know why people keep insisting on not having it.

Pretty much yes 

The rest mode resume feature is pretty much offering the same thing being asked for 

Why would it be a problem design wise I can’t understand 

has to be some technical difficulty if there is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Pretty much yes 

The rest mode resume feature is pretty much offering the same thing being asked for 

Why would it be a problem design wise I can’t understand 

has to be some technical difficulty if there is 

How is the rest mode offering the same thing as a normal save feature? With a normal save feature, you would be able to load it from the save point as many times as you want without any consequences. With the rest mode, if you die, you go back to the start. You can't farm with the help of a rest mode.

Edited by Sach4life
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

How is the rest mode offering the same thing as a normal save feature? With a normal save feature, you would be able to load it from the save point as many times as you want without any consequences. With the rest mode, if you die, you go back to the start. You can't farm with the help of a rest mode.

There is some confusion here 

I was under the impression that ppl are asking for a save feature where if you quit manually or via outage you start right where you left off through an auto save feature 

But if you die you still end up taken back to the starting point (the whole point of the roguelite design) 

I didn’t know ppl are expecting a save checkpoint option for deaths 

& that’s like defeating the purpose of the whole game 

I was talking about a 'save and quit' option, not just a regular save option. You can't save without quitting the game and you can't load this save when you die. Both Hades and Dead Cells have this. I don't see why this can't.

2 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I was talking about a 'save and quit' option, not just a regular save option. You can't save without quitting the game and you can't load this save when you die. Both Hades and Dead Cells have this. I don't see why this can't.

Yes, it can be done.

I think they are still working to bring this update. 

They can also easily prevent save scumming like how Naughty Dog implements the permadeath mode in TLOU2. 

Players can’t cheat by immediately quitting the game after a death. It’ll still be treated as a death. 

24 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

people are asking for the ability to save game mid run… if you die you start at the beginning…

same as rest mode but more foolproof 

9 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

this sounds fair. will help to pace the run for people who play between breaks.

So Phrike wasn't nearly as difficult as people were making him out to be. Wasted him on the second try and I'm not even good at the game yet. And to think I was expecting a super-hard boss battle and was all anxious before taking him on :lol:

Did they nerf him or did I just get lucky?

Really fun game so far. Graphics don't look much better than what I had seen on YouTube videos. But it's the sound and the haptics that make it stand out. Much like in RnC, they really do add another layer of awesomeness to the already excellent combat (and atmosphere).
Lack of 'save & quit' is still a bitch though. My last run got extended quite a bit and it was getting very late too. I actually started hoping that I'd die soon and began playing recklessly so that I could shutdown the console and go to sleep. But I guess that's kind of on me. I went ahead and bought the game while being completely aware of this issue.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

So Phrike wasn't nearly as difficult as people were making him out to be. Wasted him on the second try and I'm not even good at the game yet.

Noiceeee !!

Its the fear in back of mind and anxiety has made lot of them not to even try the game..  You got some great dodge moves too and its also true if you get them quickly much easier.. If you keep dying game f**ks with you and even to come to the boss will get tough..  the RNG is a real bitch..

• Like 1

@VamosReva Few Qs

Is it possible to clean up the 3 collectibles in Biome 1 and 2 now?

I know there are still 2 more abilities pending per my knowledge the fire door shield breaker and under water capability but getting the grapple hook is much relief ? 

Finished the House sequence too, does this needs to be done after each boss or multiple sequences can be done later ?

22 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

@VamosReva Few Qs

Is it possible to clean up the 3 collectibles in Biome 1 and 2 now?

I know there are still 2 more abilities pending per my knowledge the fire door shield breaker and under water capability but getting the grapple hook is much relief ? 

For Biome 1 it's possible... but for Biome 2, some are behind that red lava floor, which can be accessed after a permanent upgrade later.

How many Ciphers and Scout logs are remaining in Biome 1? 

They are never inside locked doors (that require atropian keys). No need to search them.

You can just do runs to search for ciphers by dashing and jumping in every room without attacking. Rinse, repeat until you find the remaining ones. 

Each biome has a survey trophy for finding all the ciphers and logs.. this is the biggest grind to get the plat.. all other trophies are almost automatic. 

22 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Finished the House sequence too, does this needs to be done after each boss or multiple sequences can be done later ?

All these house related trophies are automatic.. If I say anything more, it'll be in the spoiler territory :fear1:

Edited by VamosReva
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VamosReva said:

For Biome 1 it's possible... but for Biome 2, some are behind that red lava floor, which can be accessed after a permanent upgrade later.

How many Ciphers and Scout logs are remaining in Biome 1? 

They are never inside locked doors (that require atropian keys). No need to search them.

80% of each done in Biome 1, cool will get this nailed.. Biome 2 not even half done wonder where they are.. 

28 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Biome II Khatam

Nicee! 

Now get ready to hate the game in Biome 3 :devil:

Literally the only hurdle... once you get past B3, you'll get awesome weapons and even enemies feel interesting from B4.