Sign in to follow this  
Engineer

Fable

11 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Anyway, I guess unless the studio confirms we would never know if it's a mmo or not.  Maybe we should discuss it again then :P

They did say it's not an MMO but these days I take everything (MS related) with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Not now but in future everything will be subscription based 

I'd bet Phil Spencer actually thinks this, with full confidence :rofl:

In reality it could be different, but then i am not big bucks corporate guy how will i know :giggle:

Fable Job Listings Seem to Indicate That Release is Still Far Off

If you take a cursory glance over at Playground’s careers page on the studio’s official website, you’ll see that the developer still looks to be staffing up quite a bit. And not only are there a lot of active positions to be filled on Playground’s Fable team, but the roles that are currently being hired for look to be quite important.

Of the vital jobs that are currently open, Playground is still looking to add a Lead Audio Engineer, Lead AI Engineer, Lead Game Designer, Animation Director, and a Lead Scriptwriter to the team. These positions are just a few of the nearly 40 that are currently available at Playground right this moment.

Still hiring for scriptwriter & lead designer :rofl:. See you in 2024 on PS5. 

https://www.dualshockers.com/fable-xbox-series-x-release-date-far/

Just now, playstationdude said:

But MS is doing this for the gamers right? Then why not other consoles?

Its mostly Phil talking out of his a*s. MS doesn't want to put their games on everything despite what he says.

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

But MS is doing this for the gamers right? Then why not other consoles?

Everything means systems under MS ecosystem where you can login with your live account. Sony will never allow that.

6 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Wtf :rofl:

28 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Everything means systems under MS ecosystem where you can login with your live account. Sony will never allow that.

You can log in to uplay, IO, EA whatever on Psn. I'm sure xbox live won't be a problem. 

7 hours ago, KnackChap said:

The release is definitely far-off but to be fair, these things don't always have to mean something...

GG (HFW) Hasn't Even Hired a Lead Writer or Game Designer Yet

1. GG didn't show CGI trailer but proper in engine footage with major story beats. so they're much further in development. 

2. Guerilla games has multiple teams working in multiple games. So it could be for another game.

3. John gonzalez, the main writer of forbidden West said he already completed the script work for the game. 

HORIZON 2: THE FORBIDDEN WEST (coming 2021)
Created the game's story and major characters, designing the narrative flow of the main quest beat by beat. Collaborated intensively with Design to unite narrative and gameplay and with Art to realize the game's new tribes and key locations. Wrote key cinematics, conversations, and other content.

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

1. GG didn't show CGI trailer but proper in engine footage with major story beats. so they're much further in development. 

2. Guerilla games has multiple teams working in multiple games. So it could be for another game.

3. John gonzalez, the main writer of forbidden West said he already completed the script work for the game. 

Yeah, that was not my point. I simply meant that companies always have positions open. So does the company I work for. It doesn't mean people aren't working on the product.

Again, I already agree that the game will most likely come out quite late.

Edited by -13-

6 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Getting hyped for Fable. :lol:

If people can get hyped for Killzone then why not Fable. Its different studio working on it. So it's not gonna be same Lionhead fable. New team, new vision with new ideas.