The Stock Market thread

KnackChap

18 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

This wave got extended, but reversal still happened at 16400. Expecting a bump tomorrow as well, still looks prime to hit 15500-700 before may expiry.

Small -ve divergence but next bump should increase the slope.

Looks to be playing out.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

if selling continues in US tonight

Do you think it is a good time to invest in the US stocks now or wait some more? 

I figured out direct US stock investing with my own money and currently looking to buy US tech stocks and a few ETFs tracking S&P 500 and Nasdaq.

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Do you think it is a good time to invest in the US stocks now or wait some more? 

I figured out direct US stock investing with my own money and currently looking to buy US tech stocks and a few ETFs tracking S&P 500 and Nasdaq.

Bro, it was a good time invest even 6 months ago and we are here. You can never know.

All I can say that I am investing my own money in US right now at a monthly basis, direct to stocks. For ETFs, put money only in ETFs which are selling in the US, all the india based ETFs covering US market or Funds of ETFs carry a premium over the actual price of upto 10%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Booked out of 50% quantity of 16000 and 15900 PE. 

Carrying rest 50% for lower levels of 15600/700 which can happen if selling continues in US tonight.

Booked out of 75% position, 25% left for tomorrow as good chance that selling will continue in US.

Avg. profit 215%.

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Booked out of 75% position, 25% left for tomorrow as good chance that selling will continue in US.

Avg. profit 215%.

Just read all your posts before this . Good spot and trade ?

18 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Avg. profit 215%.

Unless 16400 gets broken with "heavy volumes", won't deploy any cash in stocks. Looks like a sell on rise.

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Unless 16400 gets broken with "heavy volumes", won't deploy any cash in stocks. Looks like a sell on rise.

Hard to say what's going to happen now.

Last 100 points rise had no strenth whatsoever.

Ideally index should correct straight away on Monday with current setup because otherwise if it rises and breaks 16400, then downside will be a lot deeper.

No longs even if it crosses 16400 i.e. lumpsum, need to see movement 100/200 points pass 16.4k.

Shouldn't be carrying any positions over the weekend in this situation but forgot to square off last 10% of position so I guess will be interesting to see decay over the weekend and the rest of the trend for may expiry.

48 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Regular FII's selling has become a point of worry. I know we are strong with Retail and DII's but I only see sell figure of FII from last year. 

Everyone thought it's just a phase but this phase is going on for a year now :fear:

Sit back and SIP. Dont think too much, from last month or so a lot of times i dont even see my profolio, only when i read something here or in the news i go to check.

This habbit of checking everyday is bad for long term investing :roflroll:(Solely because im an impatient soul and always do bad trades in a hurry).

Waiting for more dip to deploy 10% of PF amount. Rest 10% on more 5% Dip on index and so on.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nasdaq getting absolutely destroyed, don't see any stoppage till 10600 levels. Brutal.

I would say RBI did us a huge favor by pausing MF investments.

Am still buying the dip in Kotak Nasdaq 100 fund :P