The Cricket Thread

AtheK

6 hours ago, Vamos said:

As per reports bcci first offered coaching position to Ashish Nehra who rejected it. 

Although Dravid hasn't won anything of note with Indian team I still feel this is right decision as 6 months is a short time for new coach to make plans and implement them. Also team comradie in World cup was a sight to hold and I will credit that to Dravid and Rohit. Barring final we did perform well till then. Maybe Dravid will have a last hurrah with a t20 win. Who knows. 

I think Rohit might be back as Captain with Dravid staying as coach. I will any day take Rohit as Captain than selfish Pandya as Captain of Indian team. If Rohit isn't continuing I don't mind SKY or Bumrah as Captain.

45 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

As per reports bcci first offered coaching position to Ashish Nehra who rejected it. 

Although Dravid hasn't won anything of note with Indian team I still feel this is right decision as 6 months is a short time for new coach to make plans and implement them. Also team comradie in World cup was a sight to hold and I will credit that to Dravid and Rohit. Barring final we did perform well till then. Maybe Dravid will have a last hurrah with a t20 win. Who knows. 

I think Rohit might be back as Captain with Dravid staying as coach. I will any day take Rohit as Captain than selfish Pandya as Captain of Indian team. If Rohit isn't continuing I don't mind SKY or Bumrah as Captain.

Yeah, it was a good decision to show faith in Dravid. 
More importantly, it’s good for the team that Dravid accepted it. 

I think Rohit will play transition role and offer captaincy to Hardik or Bumrah in upcoming T20 WC. 

India Squads announced for the upcoming tour of South Africa (starting December 10th):

India's squad for 3 T20Is:

Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav (C), Rinku Singh, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan (wk), Jitesh Sharma (wk), Ravindra Jadeja (VC), Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Deepak Chahar.

India's squad for 2 Tests:

Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan (wk), KL Rahul (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Mohd. Shami*, Jasprit Bumrah (VC), Prasidh Krishna.

India's squad for 3 ODIs:

Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sai Sudharsan, Tilak Varma, Rajat Patidar, Rinku Singh, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (C)(wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Chahar.

Is this finally the sign of things to come, good to see Rauhl, Kohli and Sharma missing from T20I setup, they don't belong there anymore. Interesting team selection for SA series, let's see how the team fares.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Is this finally the sign of things to come, good to see Rauhl, Kohli and Sharma missing from T20I setup, they don't belong there anymore. Interesting team selection for SA series, let's see how the team fares.

Sir rested he. They are coming back just before the world cup. Kl Rahul toh kuch nae kuch karke AA hi ajayega:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Rinku has such raw power and amazing temperament. Reminds of MSD when he first played for india

That switch hit was great to watch. Don't think I have seen any Indian player play it so well. Reminded me of young KP.

20 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

This dumb peacock advertisement is intolerable.

I swear it's made by someone with lowest of IQ.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Ya hopefully he performs in SA that will be a litmus test, if he does well, he should more or less book his place for WC.

I believe he has already shown enough to book a place in World cup as finisher. It's not like we have plenty of options as finisher. Plus SA and Windies pitches are quite different. Bcci should have played him in odis too. His stats in all formats are excellent.

Tilak, rinku, jitesh all should be drafted in as they’re proper middle/lower middle order batters and not makeshift one’s like our raja babu kl rahul & ishan. Regardless of his recent form klr gives me 0 confidence every time he comes out to bat. He looks like  our batters from 90’s who shat the bed everytime they played pak in sharjah. Shakal pe hi darr dikhta hai uska. 

57 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I believe he has already shown enough to book a place in World cup as finisher. It's not like we have plenty of options as finisher. Plus SA and Windies pitches are quite different. Bcci should have played him in odis too. His stats in all formats are excellent.

Too soon to say, we have only seen him play in India, I will be super happy to see him and jitesh perform in SA. Mr. Made of Glass will also be back as finished and by look of things Jaddu will be around too.

Jaiswal 

Rohit (c)

Tilak Verma

SKY (VC)

Jitesh Singh

Rinku Singh

Hardik Pandya

Ravindra Jadeja

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

This can be a good 11

But team will be

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

KL

Doesn't matter anymore we already lost.

20 hours ago, AtheK said:

Too soon to say, we have only seen him play in India, I will be super happy to see him and jitesh perform in SA. Mr. Made of Glass will also be back as finished and by look of things Jaddu will be around too.

Jaiswal 

Rohit (c)

Tilak Verma

SKY (VC)

Jitesh Singh

Rinku Singh

Hardik Pandya

Ravindra Jadeja

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

This can be a good 11

But team will be

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

KL

Doesn't matter anymore we already lost.

U said it.

This is exactly what's gonna happen barring injuries. Let's not forget Pant will be back in Reckoning too if he had a good ipl.

Edited by harsh1387

South Africa Squads for the upcoming India vs SA series in SA:

T20I squad: Aiden Markram (c), Ottniel Baartman, Matthew Breetzke, Nandre Burger, Gerald Coetzee (1st and 2nd T20Is), Donovan Ferreira, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen (1st and 2nd T20Is), Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi (1st and 2nd T20Is), Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs and Lizaad Williams.

ODI squad: Aiden Markram (c), Ottniel Baartman, Nandre Burger, Tony de Zorzi, Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Mihlali Mpongwana, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne and Lizaad Williams.

Test squad: Temba Bavuma (c), David Bedingham, Nandre Burger, Gerald Coetzee, Tony de Zorzi, Dean Elgar, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Keegan Petersen, Kagiso Rabada, Tristan Stubbs and Kyle Verreynne.

In news that will come as music to the ears of Royal Challengers Bangalore fans, Australia allrounder Glenn Maxwell has said that he will play in the IPL until he 'can't walk anymore.'

"The IPL will probably be the last tournament I ever play, as I will play the IPL until I can't walk anymore," Maxwell said on Wednesday (December 6).

Source: Link

21 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

In news that will come as music to the ears of Royal Challengers Bangalore fans, Australia allrounder Glenn Maxwell has said that he will play in the IPL until he 'can't walk anymore.'

"The IPL will probably be the last tournament I ever play, as I will play the IPL until I can't walk anymore," Maxwell said on Wednesday (December 6).

Source: Link

Obviously.

No other league pays as much.

• Haha 3