Resident Evil 4

RV1709

Is it possible to do Knife Handgun run without Primal Knife ? 

I finished first blind run, obviously missed the dolls.. I need to do another run to collect ALL treasures in Village and Castle.. so I am thinking to combine an 100% collectible run with Assisted Knife and Handgun only run..  

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I finished first blind run, obviously missed the dolls.. I need to do another run to collect ALL treasures in Village and Castle.. so I am thinking to combine an 100% collectible run with Assisted Knife and Handgun only run..  

I have started this run and played till Chapter 4.. doing pretty OK so far..

On 4/18/2023 at 4:06 PM, achilles said:

Where are the screenshots? :threatenlumber:

Haven't taken many, and I'm not really happy with the ones that I have taken. 

The photo mode isn't very good in this :/

But then again, I'm kinda tempted now to do another playthrough just for screenshots :lol:

On 4/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, Krazyniks said:

Cat ears & Ashley's Armor are definitely needed . I learned this the hard way ?.

I think you mean the Chicken Hat. You get the Cat Ears after completing the Pro S+ run :P

On 4/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, Assassins Creed said:

I finished first blind run, obviously missed the dolls.

Just in case you didn't know, you can tell which chapters you're missing the doll on by looking at the results screen for each chapter. The ones where you've got the doll will have a small round icon on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Haven't taken many, and I'm not really happy with the ones that I have taken. 

The photo mode isn't very good in this :/

But then again, I'm kinda tempted now to do another playthrough just for screenshots :lol:.

Do it for the art man :hypocrite:

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, Assassins Creed said:

:notangel: Completed this run without the primal knife.. Krauser's knife is literally OP.. You keep repairing it and you won't need primal knife..  you get hand gun ammo in Abundance and I had upgraded Black Tail to the max along with Excluive Upgrade..

Screenshot-20230425-022427-PS-App.jpg

187b4fd01a29-screenshot-Url.jpg

The fun run comes next - Professional going for A and above rank with Infinite Rocket Launcher :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

:notangel: Completed this run without the primal knife.. Krauser's knife is literally OP.. You keep repairing it and you won't need primal knife..  you get hand gun ammo in Abundance and I had upgraded Black Tail to the max along with Excluive Upgrade..

Screenshot-20230425-022427-PS-App.jpg

The fun run comes next - Professional going for A and above rank with Infinite Rocket Launcher :wOOtjumpy:

Almost 11 hours that's a long time . Did you go for all the treasures/Merchant request again ? Or was this a no healing run as well?

Edited by Krazyniks

18 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Almost 11 hours that's a long time . Did you go for all the treasures/Merchant request again ? Or was this a no healing run as well?

Yep.. This was all Clockwork Castellans, treasure collection in Village and Castle which was a task.. in the first run I had collected 41/42 treasures :furious: in castle 

No healing - I ain't trying till those ears n Ashley Armor 

Now doing Professional and No Merchant Run

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 2:23 AM, Assassins Creed said:

3rd run Done, Combined with No Merchant.. As there is no autosave some sections can get frustrating in Professional

187d7ea2a882-screenshot-Url.jpg

• Like 1

4th Run - Took a leap of faith and nailed Professional S+ as it stacks up both Standard S+ and Hardcore S+ trophies in one but you will also literally spend double the time.. 

Boyy was it worth it??? If you want Souls Like experience in RE this is the way  Needs good planning based on which chapters you can breeze and which you can't... many places you will get one shot if you aren't careful..

187f2ffdb9c85-screenshot-Url.jpg

187f2fff75174-screenshot-Url.jpg

187f4ffbf7969-screenshot-Url.jpg

Here's my SAVE points, I was doing really well in terms of saves preserved till Chapter 9 and then things went  bit haywire..

Finding  treasures is still important as you need monies to upgrade Chicago sweeper and buy ONE Rocket Launcher costing 160,000 for Saddler Fight.. Salazar can be killed without taking damage as there are lot of obstacles in the area..Always stock up on health items and first aid spray. The merchant only sells it in limited quantities..

Spoiler

Save 1 - Chapter 2 at Merchant before entering the Valley.. You can get one shot in the valley with throwing  Dynamite if not careful so decided to save here.. The first section of the village can get tedious to play again and again as there are no Bonus weapons in the opening..

Save 2 - Chapter 3 at shooting range Merchant after getting the fuel from fishing village before starting the speedboat.. In my NG+ professional run I kept dying to lake boss so made this as a check point.

Save 3 - Chapter 4 After getting the Church Key, shooting range Merchant..I wanted to save after killing El Gigante but bugger wasn't dying so easily.. so made a check point so this save is before facing El Gigante..  start upgrading Chicago Sweeper then he will die faster 

Save 4 - End of Chapter 4, Start of Chapter 5 After Rescuing Ashley from Church

Save 5 - End of Chapter 5 after the Cabin fight

Save 6 - End of chapter 6.. Castle Starting, After Killing Mendes 

Save 7 - Chapter 7, Inside the castle before the white marble area where Ashley helps to raise the platforms.. this wasn't necessary save..

Save 8 - End of Chapter 9 where you have completed Ashley's portion and next heading to find Ashley in throne room. Start of Chapter 10

Here comes the twists 

Savs 9 - within Chapter 10 before Ante Chamber but flying bug area/ball room fully cleared. I kept dying at Ante Chamber and it was tedious task to clear the bug area everytime I attempted the Ante Chamber.. so cleared the bug area opened the shortcut door and back tracked to main hall and saved..

Save 10 - within Chapter 10 before attempting Verdugo.. I was low on health and f**ker does crazyy damage.. so instead of doing Ante Chamber and Verdugo back to back if I die I created this check point

So basically I burnt 3 saves in chapter 10 alone 

Save 11 - Start of Chapter 11 after killing Verdugo.. at a merchant.. you will meet Luis here.

Save 12 - Chapter 11 After killing Twin El Gigante  Save check point right before entering the first cart.. 

You will face Bugs area and  Krauser knife only sequences after the mine sequence so if you die against Krauser its a big replay.. once Krauser sequence is done you can breathe 

Here I had to preserve some saves as I had only 4 saves left and 5 more chapters

So I did not save after killing Salazar.. It was an easy fight and Island initial chapter is also easy.. 

Save 13 - End of Chapter 13, start of Chapter 14 near the Merchant..this is after you have saved Ashley and dealt with those annoying regenerators in the lab..Before entering cargo area.. 

Save 14- Before Krauser Main Fight.. f**ker does mad damage if you are near him.. Best is to attack from far and spam bullets when he is not winged..

Save 15 - Within Chapter 15 after the Helicopter goes down and you meet the last shooting Merchant before the Santuary

After this it's pretty straight forward.. Just one enemy area, then Santuary, Find Ashley and cure both and then boom Saddler with Rocket Launcher so you don't need any saving point in Chapter 16

One last trophy left - No Healing which I will do on NG+ with all the unlocks :D

• Like 4

5th and Final Run done for Frugalist - Using no health items. 

This was the easiestttt run.. hardly a sweat with Infinite RL and Infinite Chicago Sweeper.. Chicago Sweeper is OP I like it better than RL for crowd control..

187fb208fae39-screenshot-Url.jpg

And with that.. Finally...

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

My favorite RE game.. started my true gaming journey with this game on PS2 and I am so happy to have platted this 

187fb20644965-screenshot-Url.jpg

Hell Yeah Baby !!

Screenshot-20230508-170104-PS-App.jpg

• Like 4

Full Set

Screenshot-20230508-173212-Chrome.jpg

Over 90 hours played

187fb2a652e74-screenshot-Url.jpg

Completed 97/101 Challenges. The Harpoon one is doable but the other 2 sounds like real pain 

187fb2c984356-screenshot-Url.jpg

Runs 

#1 Blind 

1879dd5942077-screenshot-Url.jpg

# 2 Knife and Handgun + 100% collectibles clean up

#3 No Merchant and Professional for Gun Fanatic 

187d7ea2a882-screenshot-Url.jpg

#4 Not a trophy requirement but will get you trophies for Standard S+ and Hardcore S+

187f2fff75174-screenshot-Url.jpg

#5 Frugalist - No Healing

187fb208fae39-screenshot-Url.jpg

GOTYYYYYY

• Like 5

On 5/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Full Set

Screenshot-20230508-173212-Chrome.jpg

Congrats man! :majesty:

A very satisfying platinum to get!

On 5/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, Assassins Creed said:

GOTYYYYYY

It was my GOTY too until last week.

It's been dethroned by Zelda now :sadbye:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Started this yesterday. 2 hours in, Capcom has done an amazing job with the remake!

Indeed. For someone who considers the OG as one of the best games of all time, this game is a love letter to the fans. So much attention and love is poured all over it.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Started this yesterday. 2 hours in, Capcom has done an amazing job with the remake!

There's so much that is the same and then you come across something and go "oh that's different" in a totally good way. Loved every minute of my time with it. Super fun and had me grinning all the way to the end. Capcom ❤️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...