Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xeno

Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Recommended Posts

This may not be the right thread maybe, but anyway Im in the market for a new router (I keep disconnecting every now and then while playing Apex Legends).  I also have trouble with the internet range from my balcony which is the opposite corner of the house. My current router is pretty old, and I connect my PS4 over WiFi. My internet guy (local internet provider) told me to get this one:

 

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C60-AC1350-Wireless/dp/B01LX8Z8TP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2AE8YQ4626VNF&keywords=tp-link+router&qid=1568439583&sprefix=tp-link%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

 

And says he'll set it up for me and that should solve the problem. 

 

Any recommendations, with regard to the router itself, or a good deal on this router or anything else would be appreciated. Is anybody else also using this router?

TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

This may not be the right thread maybe, but anyway Im in the market for a new router (I keep disconnecting every now and then while playing Apex Legends).  I also have trouble with the internet range from my balcony which is the opposite corner of the house. My current router is pretty old, and I connect my PS4 over WiFi. My internet guy (local internet provider) told me to get this one:

 

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-Archer-C60-AC1350-Wireless/dp/B01LX8Z8TP/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2AE8YQ4626VNF&keywords=tp-link+router&qid=1568439583&sprefix=tp-link%2Caps%2C383&sr=8-4

 

And says he'll set it up for me and that should solve the problem. 

 

Any recommendations, with regard to the router itself, or a good deal on this router or anything else would be appreciated. Is anybody else also using this router?

TP-Link Archer C60 AC1350

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Is it really low latency coz keep in mind I get around 80-100 ping playing with Asians. I need a plan which gives me smooth experience when playing against US and EU players 

It's not what you think, dude. Don't  give into Jio's BS Marketing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

Well its just my internet guy told me to get this one. Its going for 2.2k right now, but I dont mind spending a little more cash for a better router, but do you think it worth putting in 5k? Even if its such a good price? Ill check out the your router for sure tho :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't cheap out on a router. Netgear nighthawk series works very well. I'm using an R7800, great router, great range, excellent thoroughput. R7000 is also a good option. 

Wait for upcoming sales. R7000 went for 5k at Flipkart last time, which is crazy pricing. 

Also I dont have any idea about compatibility here honestly speaking......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well its just my internet guy told me to get this one. Its going for 2.2k right now, but I dont mind spending a little more cash for a better router, but do you think it worth putting in 5k? Even if its such a good price? Ill check out the your router for sure tho :)

As I said before, don't cheap out on routers man. They are your gateway to the internet, and you want it to be as smooth as possible. 

Ideally AC1900 and above is what you should look at. Most modern devices support MIMO, so if the router has it, you will get better thoroughput. Finally it should be able to connect to a fair number of devices considering almost every home as multiple phones, tablets, TVs etc simultaneously accessing the net. 

If you get r7000 for 5k, just get it. It's a very good router. 

 

Not sure if I understand the point about compatibility. For most ISPs (except Jio), you can either connect them in bridge mode, or simply connect the new router to old routers LAN port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay yes the R7000 is AC1900 so that's sorted. I don't use Jio, so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll wait for the sales like you said and hopefully I can bag it for 5k. Its going for almost 10k right now on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

As I said before, don't cheap out on routers man. They are your gateway to the internet, and you want it to be as smooth as possible. 

Ideally AC1900 and above is what you should look at. Most modern devices support MIMO, so if the router has it, you will get better thoroughput. Finally it should be able to connect to a fair number of devices considering almost every home as multiple phones, tablets, TVs etc simultaneously accessing the net. 

If you get r7000 for 5k, just get it. It's a very good router. 

 

Not sure if I understand the point about compatibility. For most ISPs (except Jio), you can either connect them in bridge mode, or simply connect the new router to old routers LAN port. 

Also my old router is absolute crap, Id rather just use the new one directly, and chuck the old one out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

I have been thinking about getting a new router too but Airtel needs a modem and the one they provide isn't that good. So anyone on Airtel, using some other router or modem? 

VDSL routers aren't that abundant.

Just use the Airtel one as modem, and connect a new router either in bridge mode or using a LAN port. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Okay yes the R7000 is AC1900 so that's sorted. I don't use Jio, so shouldn't be a problem. Thanks a lot for the help, I'll wait for the sales like you said and hopefully I can bag it for 5k. Its going for almost 10k right now on Amazon.

Keep an eye on FK too. They had very limited time deals some weeks back on routers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 11:53 PM, AtheK said:

This is after email, don't think this plan is available. If I run out of data I mail them and they just add 1Tb to my account.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


 

I hv airtel with foll plan- 100mbps, 280 gb data per month + 1000 gb add on for -  411/- including GST.

1000gb add on can be renewed as and when required.

Edited by speedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hv airtel with foll plan- 100mbps, 280 gb data per month + 1000 gb add on for -  411/- including GST.
1000gb add on can be renewed as and when required.
That is brilliant, In bangalore?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...