The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 6/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, san_Assassin said:

had to go with 55UH770T as 850T ran out of stock. Price difference was 11550 and missed out on 3D. Got extended warranty as well.

Thanks Athek for your suggestion. :D

Bad choice it misses out on billion colors as well which is very important 

On 6/8/2017 at 9:45 PM, AtheK said:

As of today hdr gaming is one of the most important aspect, uhd are coming with hdr movies. This si the future format and it will be good to go for one for being future proof, as content will only increase. 

Thanks, will wait for sale on an HDR TV - I personally would prefer 4K + HDR both.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:06 AM, AtheK said:

Neat then, 3d is a gimmick anyway. 

Haier has launched there tv, curved 55" 4k is 83k with hdr as per websites, not a bad price. 

Whats the model number of the Haier TV - I too picked up the 55" 4K (non-curved) model for dirt cheap here - if it is the same model, can provide some insight.

13 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

PQ of LG is excellent. It's as good as Sony. LG is the best choice among the top 3, in my opinion.

Also I think HDR pro is the 10bit HDR tech, as far as I was told by the croma guys. Most LG models around 58k have HDR pro.

Good to hear about the PQ.

Didn't see any model under 60k. Haven't checked at Croma yet. Will do that today

12 hours ago, AtheK said:

Uh750t has hdr 10 and is a great TV, Sony is no more a force it used to be, they just charge a premium for past laurels. 68k sounds a bit expensive for a 43' tv

What would you suggest is the right price for the UH750T model?

The store had a UH650T for 64k. While the 750T has Ultra Luminance, the 650T has Billion rich colours. No idea what is the difference between them. You have an idea?

39 minutes ago, arv95 said:

Didn't see any model under 60k. Haven't checked at Croma yet. Will do that today

The store had a UH650T for 64k. While the 750T has Ultra Luminance, the 650T has Billion rich colours. No idea what is the difference between them. You have an idea?

Check out flipkart. I saw a model for 58k.

You can use that as leverage to get discounts at reliance digital.

11 hours ago, arv95 said:

As some one suggested above 60K about sounds decent. Also are you hell bent to get something with warranty, otherwise as some one posted above you can get a good deal on Imported TVs

https://www.tatacliq.com/lg-43uh750t-108-cm-43-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-tv-silver/p-mp000000000475251?cid=af:homepage:pricehunt:hasoffers:15032017

20 hours ago, piper said:

Thanks, will wait for sale on an HDR TV - I personally would prefer 4K + HDR both.

Whats the model number of the Haier TV - I too picked up the 55" 4K (non-curved) model for dirt cheap here - if it is the same model, can provide some insight.

https://www.themobileindian.com/news/haier-launches-smart-4k-tvs-and-4k-curved-led-television-range-18090

Edited by AtheK

^ I did check that link too and didn't want to risk buying without warranty. Also, all the e-commerce sites had it around 60k only.

Anyway, I made the purchase yesterday. Got it for 64k with 2 year warranty (2nd year for Panel only) and 1 year Insurance.

Thanks to you and @Playstationdude :)

Just a note. LG does not extend warranty when bought from e-commerce sites and charge for installation too, just in case for those who aren't aware of this.

6 hours ago, arv95 said:

^ I did check that link too and didn't want to risk buying without warranty. Also, all the e-commerce sites had it around 60k only.

Anyway, I made the purchase yesterday. Got it for 64k with 2 year warranty (2nd year for Panel only) and 1 year Insurance.

Just a note. LG does not extend warranty when bought from e-commerce sites and charge for installation too, just in case for those who aren't aware of this.

Yup. Never buy from ecommerce sites. I just mentioned that to give you an idea of prices.

Congrats on the purchase. Do give a brief review. :cheers:

9 hours ago, arv95 said:

Yes they do charge. 64k is a decent price thpugh should have bargained harder to atleast get some freebie. 

• 2 weeks later...

SONY launching affordable 4K HDR sets this month. Starting at $899.

Press: https://blog.sony.com/press/35778/

Sony Electronics announced two new 4K HDR Ultra HD TV series today, the X720E and X690E. Both are available for pre-sale today at major Sony authorized retailers including Best Buy and Amazon. The X720E series will be available at retail in late June and the X690E will hit stores in early August.

Plus, these models include Sony’s MotionFlow™ XR refresh rate technology, which allows fast-moving action sequences to be seen with precise motion clarity.

Store page: 

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/x700e-series

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/x690e-series

Apparently, won't be an ANDROID TV but will still have basic smart features. 

Hmmm... 

Edited by Heaven Angel

14 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

But LG and all already have 4k hdr sets for 600-700usd. Even in India we can get a good lg 4k hdr for 58-60k , and TVs are much cheaper in US.

True but SONY always comes at a premium price and debatable picture quality. By the time they reach ~600-700 USD mark, we will have $400 4K TV from others.

Also, according to Rtings:

Sluggish Smart Features. While Android TV itself isn't bad, and sluggishness is common with other brands, Sony TVs are prone to having common slowdowns while using their features.

So, probably trying new sets without Android stuff. buLquEN.png

__

I'm still in dilemma to pick the right one. A lot of them advised getting a bigger 1080p screen with a better display, while I personally do not want to buy a 1080p set again.

Are you using 4K TV  at the moment? If yes:

1. What content do you frequently watch? 

2. Do you stream? 

3. How much bandwidth do you use? 

4. Watching SD/HD content on 4K, do you notice a big difference? Scales well?

5. At what distance you actually notice the difference?

6. Moving from 1080p to 4K was worth it?

7. Is it mainly for PlayStation 4 Pro?

8. Given the smart features aren't smart, do you use anything else to have seamless experience? 

Thanks. buLquEN.png

Android UI is sluggish takes time to start the tv itself if your TV does not have good up scaling its not much of difference but HDR makes a hell lot of difference

In terms of UI LG > Samsung > Sony

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

True but SONY always comes at a premium price and debatable picture quality. By the time they reach ~600-700 USD mark, we will have $400 4K TV from others.

__

I'm still in dilemma to pick the right one. A lot of them advised getting a bigger 1080p screen with a better display, while I personally do not want to buy a 1080p set again.

2. Do you stream? 

8. Given the smart features aren't smart, do you use anything else to have seamless experience? 

Thanks. buLquEN.png

Not using a 4k tv. Using the standard lg full hd tv . Athek has been using them for sometime now. He will be the best person to answer your queries.

Personally I feel smart is a waste as you get all those features on your console anyway. But I believe smart is the standard amongst 4k tvs now. Haven't seen non smart 4k tvs yet.

Not using a 4k tv. Using the standard lg full hd tv . Athek has been using them for sometime now. He will be the best person to answer your queries.
Personally I feel smart is a waste as you get all those features on your console anyway. But I believe smart is the standard amongst 4k tvs now. Haven't seen non smart 4k tvs yet.

Yeah smart is pretty much standard.. also for tv owners not every one owns a console so making a bare bones 4k display doesnt make much sense..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I dont understand the logic that you should not buy smart tv but buy another device to make it smart.Have been using LG Smart TV and its the best thing it can happen anytime the only downside is it does not support ChromeCast sharing apart from that rest are so awesome.Do experience the TV's in store to make out your liking 

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

__

2. Do you stream? 

Thanks. buLquEN.png

I am using a 4k hdr TV, so let's answer your questions. 

1. HD TV and games. I have a 4k blu ray, just one though. 

2. Ofcourse. 

3. I have not calculated, but I guess one episode of breaking bad in 4K, took around 2-2.5 gb of bandwidth. 

4. Honestly nothing huge. 

5. I have a 55" tv  they say get 65" to get the real difference, stupidity. I watch it from a distance of around 12 feet. 

6. No way even close to what it was to move to full HD, it's a marginal upgrade at best. 

7. Ps4 pro, Xbox one S, YouTube and Netflix. But mainly used for gaming. 

8. Only smart feature used is YouTube and inbuilt Netflix app. Both can be achieved thorough any console, basically if you have a console, you don't need a smart tv. 

Also around hdr and non hdr, hdr looks better, but then it mainly looks better if you see it next to non hdr content, since you will have only one TV it won't matter in long run. All these are to sell u a TV. 

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

Ultimately should you buy one, I guess you keep a tv for min 5 years, so make sense to buy the one with latest tech today as content will only increase, and probably next gen consoles will be true 4k machines. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread