The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

The latest problem is that many PS4 Pro owners are finding themselves staring at blank screens rather than basking in the lovely 4K HDR pictures that are supposed to be the PS4 Pro’s key selling point.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2016/11/13/ps4-pro-suffering-widespread-tv-connection-failures-and-everyone-is-blaming-everybody-else/#427955823662

Buying a tv hasn't been so painful :lol:

• 2 months later...

Guess this a good place to share this:

3D TV is officially dead.

The last two TV makers to build 3D functionality into their sets, LG and Sony, will not build any new sets this year that can show 3D movies and TV shows, CNET reports .

• 2 weeks later...

Guess this a good place to share this:

3D TV is officially dead.

Good riddance, I have a 3d TV, and total number of 3d movies I have seen from last 1.5 yrs is 2

So does that mean, the 3D projectors will go obsolete too (or) have they already ??

I was thinking of investing in a good 3d 1080P projector in the upcoming months, now I'm wondering if it will be even worth it.

I second that. 3D needs to go. I don't even notice that the movie is in 3D. But have to stick those horrible glasses on my face. It's extremely annoying because I already have prescription glasses and have to wear the 3D ones on top of the prescription ones.

What's more, most of the glasses are scratched and in bad shape in general even in good multiplexes like pvr.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

So true. Sticking those scratchy glasses on top of my prescription glasses is f**king annoying. The glasses I get at pvr are so dirty and smudgy I feel like shoving them up the usher's arse :rant:

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a suggestion.

Have been using SONY televisions for decades. Are they still good?

My current one display has gone after 5+ years and now I'm thinking to upgrade with new stuff and whatnot.

Size: 40"inch+.

Features: Streaming services and Wi-Fi Built In.

Optional: .MKV playback via USB.

Brand: Have used only SONY sets for generations. I'm open to other brands, but quality ones, please. I do not want any cheap 4K pseudo television brand/sets.

Thanks.

Edited by Heaven Angel

I'm looking for a suggestion.

Have been using SONY televisions for decades. Are they still good?

My current one display has gone after 5+ years and now I'm thinking to upgrade with new stuff and whatnot.

Size: well, about 40"inch will do.

Features: Streaming services.

Optional: .MKV playback via USB.

Brand: Have used only SONY sets for generations. I'm open to other brands, but quality ones, please. I do not want any cheap 4K pseudo television brand/sets.

Thanks.

I have had a good experience with LG here in India. Sony is always a good choice but I feel LG is equally good(atleast in India.).

You can check out LG tvs on this link-:

http://www.lg.com/au/4k-ultra-hd-tvs

Edited by Playstationdude
  • Like 1

Been a regular lg user myself, and ya they are great VFM. Sony is no more the same force it used to be, but if you are looking for a android TV, then Sony is what you still have to pick.

Been a regular lg user myself, and ya they are great VFM. Sony is no more the same force it used to be, but if you are looking for a android TV, then Sony is what you still have to pick.

Have never really used Android TVs but isn't it a better option to buy a non andriod smart TV and connect a chromecast/roku stick?

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread