Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roun90

Kojima Productions is back together and F**k Konami.

234 posts in this topic

According to the Japanese voice actor who plays Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series, Akio Otsuka, Kojima Productions has now been disbanded.

"Kojima Productions was forced to disband, but it appears that the work that the team has been putting their utmost effort into is nearly complete," said Otsuka, as translated by Gematsu.

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259948/otsuka-kojima-productions-has-disbanded/

Sad day for gaming. Bye Bye Kojima :sadbye: !! Best of luck in the future and hope to see your new studio with new IPs soon.

Kojima Productions was founded by Hideo Kojima himself..I know its a subsidiary of Konami and now since its been let go..I think he can still keep that name..can't he..? or he cannot do that as well ?

It all seems like a prank planned by Kojima to raise the TRP for "The Phantom Pain".

Will wait till MGS5 to comes out in Sep to know the truth!!!

Yeah,right.. All this is a joke..

There is something fishy though cause when Angry Joe was interviewing Robert Peeler they said he is not supposed to mention Kojima's name.As if Kojima is Voldemort..

Yeah,right.. All this is a joke..

You know

I'm not saying it is

But if it does turn up to be.....

You'll be the first one I'll ping for a straight face

Never say never when it's Kojitrollgod

Pay attention closely to what he is saying right at the start,very closely:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay_RAkE7bUY

Dad was such a drag.(Konami)

Every day he'd eat the same kind of food, dress the same, sit in front of the same kind of games... (Metal Gear Solid)

Yeah, he was just that kind of guy.(Konami repeatedly putting Kojima on MGS despite him wanting to move on)

But then one day, he goes and kills us all!(Kojima Pro Disbanded)

He couldn't even be original about the way he did it.(Already happened with many like IW/Respawn ,Irrational & others)

I'm not complaining... I was dying of boredom anyway(Koji God wanted out of MGS)

But guess what? I will be coming back, and I'm bringing my new toys with me.(at e3 2015?!?!)

Boomshakalakaboombastic

It all seems like a prank planned by Kojima to raise the TRP for "The Phantom Pain".

Will wait till MGS5 to comes out in Sep to know the truth!!!

Doesn't this seem too far just for a troll though? I mean, MGSV was already guranteed to be a hit anyway. It's an established franchise and does not need extra "TRP". However, Konami's stock evaluation is sure to have been affected by this. Not to mention, the negative PR this has already generated. Anyway, what happens, happens. If this is a troll attempt and Kojima is still along with there Silent Hills and other titles, then it's the best. Otherwise, oh well.

Edited by roun90

Konami killing their Golden Goose seems too :scratchchin:

Anyway "Kojima" is a bigger brand than Conami,Him setting up an Indie studio will get more $$$$ than all of Conami's mobile sh*t

Edited by PhantomShade

Kojima isn't someone who should waste carrier with an indie studio making small budget games

He should do what bungie & Respawn did

He has had a very warm relation with Sony

With green light any of his projects in a heartbeat

Then for sequel he can go multiplatform

Lol. Yeah sure its a troll. Every company should do this to watch their value plummet. Because of course its always more important to have fun with fans than make the investors happy. While they were doing this it would also be pretty nice of them to give the game away for free. Because that would be fun as well.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Lol bad experience?!?

He's been working for Konami for last 3 decades,all his career name & money was made in Konami

They never had problems before & no matter how bad the company's gaming division was doing they always green lit his megaton budget games

& in return he always gave them profits

Konami hasn't been doing very well in AAA gaming...who knows what happened....

& about the whole investor thing:-

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange

I think it's only public in japan now....where it's main business is not gaming

also this delisting happened right after this whole Kojima thing started

Fingers are still crossed & i feel Silent Hills will see the light of day

What the point was

is he is having bad experience with Konami today

He has been working for a Big Company making generation & genre defining games all his life

it's not like he should stop doing that & make F2P indie games like cliffyB

He is much needed in the AAA mega budget space

Just look at the Fox engine he created

Though it's just depressing to think he'll have to part ways with his awesome engine & all the magic he could have created with that engine

*fingers are still crossed*

What the point was

is he is having bad experience with Konami today

He has been working for a Big Company making generation & genre defining games all his life

it's not like he should stop doing that & make F2P indie games like cliffyB

He is much needed in the AAA mega budget space

Just look at the Fox engine he created

Though it's just depressing to think he'll have to part ways with his awesome engine & all the magic he could have created with that engine

*fingers are still crossed*

yeah..I was really hopeful with FOX engine and what Kojima is going to do with it. Meta Gear Solid V Ground Zero is a good demo of the FOX engine. But the bigger question is , if Kojima truly left Konami, what will happen to the MGS franchise, will fans still excites and buy future non Kojima MGS games ??