The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Wow thats an amazing price.  What all cashbacks applied? 

This is the model right?

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/x9500g-x9507g-series/specifications

Yeah. Same one. Billed for 1.03L, 15k cashback (available on HDFC/ICICI/AMEX and other cards).

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

40 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Train in Game of Thrones? :panic:

No, there's no actual train in GoT, the loot train attack is the name given to a memorable action sequence by cast and crew in one of the later seasons. Details in Spoiler tag, proceed with caution - 

Spoiler

s07e04 - When Lannisters are carrying resources from Highgarden and are attacked by Dothraki horde and Khaleesi on Drogon and they destroy Lannisters wagon-train of supplies. It was the first time when Khaleesi used a dragon for war purposes in seven kingdoms. 

Edited by him2anshu

BTW, I saw some Nanocell TVs there - they are not bad at all. I don't know why people are saying LG Nanocell is bad. Heck, in Cinema/Filmmaker mode, Nanocell had better contrasts vs Sony X95G. 

X90H is just not available anywhere. Vijay Sales even refused to bill it saying they don't know when will it come back in stock. Before checking stock, he quoted me 97k for that. Pretty good if you ask me - 97-14.55 cashback (15%) is 82.5k, and the TV has sold in droves !

@SuperT You got the x950g too, right ? What FW did you get it on ? Could you flash the x950H FW on it as many preps on AVS forums and reddit are able to do ? Apparently it has the new algo for local dimming and motion, and works better than the one on G model. 

[mention=22514]SuperT[/mention] You got the x950g too, right ? What FW did you get it on ? Could you flash the x950H FW on it as many preps on AVS forums and reddit are able to do ? Apparently it has the new algo for local dimming and motion, and works better than the one on G model. 
Yup I was researching about it but I am holding back because there are a lot of people who are then facing issues in the apps specially Disney and youtube. I did check out a couple of reddit threads and there isn't a significant change according to some so I have kept it as is. I have no complaints with the dimming but if you use subtitles then you will notice blooming and bleeding around the text if it's a dark room. If the room is well lit then I don't think you will notice any blooming.

Do let me know in case you flash the 950H FW would love to hear from you, if you think there is improvement I will try as well.

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yup I was researching about it but I am holding back because there are a lot of people who are then facing issues in the apps specially Disney and youtube. I did check out a couple of reddit threads and there isn't a significant change according to some so I have kept it as is. I have no complaints with the dimming but if you use subtitles then you will notice blooming and bleeding around the text if it's a dark room. If the room is well lit then I don't think you will notice any blooming.

Do let me know in case you flash the 950H FW would love to hear from you, if you think there is improvement I will try as well.

I am thinking of flashing the H fw, but that will be dependent on what is the factory fw on the TV. If it's the newest one, the H upgrade is blocked. 

Most peeps said the way around Disney is to reset the set and download all apps before signing into your Google account. No idea if that's possible since I haven't used an Android TV. 

Installation will also happen day after tomorrow, so let's see. 

Edit: For subtitle blooming, have you tried changing text color and opacity ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I am thinking of flashing the H fw, but that will be dependent on what is the factory fw on the TV. If it's the newest one, the H upgrade is blocked. 
Most peeps said the way around Disney is to reset the set and download all apps before signing into your Google account. No idea if that's possible since I haven't used an Android TV. 

Cool let me know when you do it. Don't connect to wifi when you turn it on for the first time otherwise it might just do an update or go to settings and turn off updates.

1 minute ago, SuperT said:
7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Cool let me know when you do it. Don't connect to wifi when you turn it on for the first time otherwise it might just do an update or go to settings and turn off updates.

Yeah. I just need to be sure the installation guys don't do it quickly. :angry:

26 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. I just need to be sure the installation guys don't do it quickly. :angry:

Only one guy will come probably and after he is done with the installation and has checked that you are okay with the state of the TV, he will be happy to leave. You can do the setup yourself. Though he will probably try to sell you few "NEW 4K HDMI" cables for your tatasky or whatnot, lol.

• Haha 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread