Jump to content

~The TV Shows Thread~


StormShadow

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Can I watch Bad Batch without watching Clone Wars TV series? 

I would advise against that. Many characters were introduced in the Clone wars and Rebels first and are now appearing in Bad Batch, story is also set after the events of Clone Wars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I would advise against that. Many characters were introduced in the Clone wars and Rebels first and are now appearing in Bad Batch, story is also set after the events of Clone Wars.

 

But it's also fairly self explanatory, I thought. An understanding of the prequel trilogy is probably more important? Hmmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

 

But it's also fairly self explanatory, I thought. An understanding of the prequel trilogy is probably more important? Hmmm.

Yes, upto an extent, but we can't say how many characters from the other shows/movies will end up here.

 

Spoiler

In just the first episode, Caleb Dune/Kanan Jarras and his master - Depa Billaba from Rebels were present. Clone Force 99 was itself introduced in Clone Wars S7, then there was Saw Gerrera from Clone Wars/Rogue One. Upcoming episodes will have Fennec Shand from Mandalorian. Planet Kamino was there in prequel trilogy. The whole decline of Republic and the rise of Galactic empire would be more understandable if the person has seen Clone Wars and other movies/shows first.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Yes, upto an extent, but we can't say how many characters from the other shows/movies will end up here.

 

  Hide contents

In just the first episode, Caleb Dune/Kanan Jarras and his master - Depa Billaba from Rebels were present. Clone Force 99 was itself introduced in Clone Wars S7, then there was Saw Gerrera from Clone Wars/Rogue One. Upcoming episodes will have Fennec Shand from Mandalorian. Planet Kamino was there in prequel trilogy. The whole decline of Republic and the rise of Galactic empire would be more understandable if the person has seen Clone Wars and other movies/shows first.

 

 

Agreed. It's definitely pulling from multiple places, so you'd technically need to watch all those shows/movies to get the full experience.

 

That said, I feel a lot of these links/chronologies work both ways. You could, at least in theory, be introduced to Saw Gerrera on this show and then learn more about him/his story arc in Rogue One?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

 

Agreed. It's definitely pulling from multiple places, so you'd technically need to watch all those shows/movies to get the full experience.

 

That said, I feel a lot of these links/chronologies work both ways. You could, at least in theory, be introduced to Saw Gerrera on this show and then learn more about him/his story arc in Rogue One?

Like you said,  you’ll have to watch other shows/movies to get full experience. It’s better to watch them first. 
 

Spoiler

Saw Gerrera was here just for one minor scene, viewer might not go looking for his arc elsewhere. But if they were introduced to him earlier, they will instantly recognise the character and understand this part of his journey.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

 

  Hide contents

Saw Gerrera was here just for one minor scene, viewer might not go looking for his arc elsewhere. But if they were introduced to him earlier, they will instantly recognise the character and understand this part of his journey.

 

 

Yes, my assumption was that he'd play a bigger role as the season went on. He wouldn't make a big enough impact with viewers (if they then go on to watch Rogue One) if that 5 minute cameo was his only appearance. Still, really cool show

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished.

^ One of the many heartwarming scenes of freaks and geeks, a realistic teenage life show with very light witty humour, no big laughs but brings a happy and a sad smile quite often.

 

 

Solid 8.5/10 for me and leaves one wanting for more, I love these kind of shows that really connect in a nostalgic way, every character has its personality.

 

Most of the Disney teenage

 and other comedy shows suck in this regard especially with the over the top plot, jokes and the laughter track that runs (telling you you are supposed to laugh)

 

Only one season was made apparently as it wasn't a succes.

 

Edited by GunnerY2J
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Line of duty
Finished season 6. As network hasn't stated if there will be a season 7 most people have assumed this was the last season. It's a shame as it's brilliant and season 6 finally brings the curtain to 'H' storyline. Although the finale was a bit underwhelming and the reveal a bit damp. Still, it's an amazing series and probably the best British series.


Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw first episode of Jupiter's legacy. It's not that great but I like the conflict between values and principles. Good enough to continue watching, to see what gives and the origin story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Money Heist is just really bad. Why is this so highly rated? :|

 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

There's lot of garbage on Netflix that's highly rated, makes finding what to watch next really difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...